LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Neurologist Treats Lyme with Byron White Herbs Only!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Neurologist Treats Lyme with Byron White Herbs Only!!!!
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone been to this neurologist?

http://tinyurl.com/7aq89mo

Interview here --

http://tinyurl.com/7ho8tj2

---------------------------------------------

Hubby has tried many herbs with varying degrees of success. But he has never tried the Byron White Herb formulas as they require a doctor's scrip and none of his LLMD's have used them.

I am very curious as to whether anyone has been to this holistic neurosurgeon? I will say that I am very skeptical that lyme and tickborne diseases that are severely impacting the nervous system can be treated exclusively with herbs.

Was wondering if maybe since the doc is in New Mexico maybe they do not see the same range of illnesses that are seen on either the East or West Coasts? The 3 LLMD neuros hubby has seen all felt that only IV meds would work on severe neuro lyme and I do think they are more effective than orals.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the interview she says herxes result when a list of other issues is not addressed. I don't see how this could be true if the herx comes with killing the spirochetes.

Also, I have never been able to find a scientific basis for kinesiology.

[ 04-02-2012, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: poppy ]

Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea, I know you can get these w/o a doc's prescription. Metallic Blue posted how a while back. [Smile]
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Porsche
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7644

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Porsche     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think the FDA requires these to be Rx'd.....the company just wants to keep the prices up and have them sold exclusively to medical professionals.

It costs 3 x's the amount of Cumanda, and is probably very similar in effectiveness, so I would go with Cumanda. (People say good and bad about both)

Posts: 132 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think neuro-Lyme requires a combination of methods to treat, and the combination specifics need to be customized to the particular combination of infections and whatever else a person is dealing with.

This is why I don't think there will ever be just one bullet approach to TBD...

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inquisitive321
Member # 36899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Inquisitive321     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poppy, a herxheimer reaction results when the body becomes overburdened by the toxins released from the dead bacteria. If our bodies are taxed by other issues like heavy metals, mold toxins, etc., then we cannot effectively detox the toxins and our brains become neurotoxic and our organs' ability to function become impaired.

There is another interview on this website that explains this:

http://infectiousoptimism.blogspot.com/2011/09/notes-from-byron-whites-lyme-and.html

"Detoxification

-Often times, symptoms arise when we become too toxic while killing pathogens, not from the pathogens themselves.

-Typically the development of G.I. symptoms during treatment are neurological in nature, caused by the enteric nervous system, and are therefore caused by neurotoxicity. Detoxing neurotoxins can improve a number of neurological symptoms such as nausea, disorientation, headaches, mood swings, etc.

-Detoxification depends on the particular patient. Required detoxification methods, just like treatment methods, are not the same in all patients. There are situations where you wouldn't want to do colonics, detox baths, or saunas. Often times internal detoxification formulas are most effective, formulas or homeopathics that encourage the organs like the liver, intestines and the kidneys to dump toxins. It's great to then follow up with supportive external forms of detoxification for the lymphatic system such as dry skin brushing and detox baths if tolerated."

Posts: 44 | From United States | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
As does poppy, I also connect a techincal herx with spirochetes' reaction to medication that irritates them - or or action that does so.

I just think the term "herx" is overused (when liver stress is the issue for a variety of reasons) but there's not really another term that so covers how that feels.

And the overtaxed organs of detoxification can certainly create the exact same symptoms as a herx but - I still like to keep "herx" to the technical definition.

It's easy to forget that, most often, the medicine (or even herbs) used just are not going to make us feel better right away - or for quite a while, actually.

I think "herx" is often overused to just describe the ill effects of lyme - and the total package. Not everything is a herx. But that does not mean it's a walk in the park, either.

It's also possible to herx the full time of treatment. The degrees should get easier, but as long as spirochetes are being bothered, they will let us know.

Whether from that "herx" or other detox-organ stress -or other properties of the illness or treatment - the support methods that are so very important usually cover all the bases.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If this were true, then killing other kinds of bacteria would also cause a herxheimer reaction in the presence of heavy metals, etc. But it doesn't. This reaction seems to be restricted to spirochetes.

And like Keebler, I think that "herx" is used much more loosely by people to describe other things that relate to how a med makes them feel. It can be very hard to separate all the different aspects that go into our symptoms at any one time, but herx should probably most correctly be used in its original sense.

This is not to say that these other factors are not important to address, if they are present.

Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement