LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Which systemic enzyme is most effective for biofilms, pain and getting "unstuck"?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Which systemic enzyme is most effective for biofilms, pain and getting "unstuck"?
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only symptoms I am still fighting are pain and stiffness..."fibromyalgia", neck pain and stiffness, head pain.

I feel stuck even though I am so much better than I was 3-4 years ago.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baileypup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baileypup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm kind of in the same boat as you. In my search for what to do next, I have been using systemic enzymes, and having a lot of toxicity or fall-out from using these enzymes.

For me Zymex II is the strongest systemic enzyme. I also use lumbrokinase, Interfase Plus and Wobenzyme.

Posts: 964 | From san diego | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your input, baileypup!

--------------------

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My naturopath recommends that I take Vitalzym.

I've never taken it consistently because I have a hard time remembering to take it on an empty stomach. I should try it again and take it regularly so that I can get the anti-inflammatory effects.

Here is a link to the vitalzym website:
http://www.worldnutrition.inf

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
debilyn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for debilyn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD suggested Wobenzyme PS because I have a lot of fibro-type pain too.

I've been taking 1/2 dose for four weeks; I think I notice some reduction in pain. Too soon to know for sure.

Posts: 331 | From West Coast | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, sammy and debilyn!

I appreciate your thoughts on this!!

--------------------

sickpuppy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickpuppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's the PS for: Wobenzyme PS? Is it something different from just plain Wobenzyme?
Posts: 702 | From North Eastern USA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cold Feet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9882

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Cold Feet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

If your goal is to clear away diseased tissue, biofilms et al, pls make sure you are comfortable with:

- the notion of breaking up biofilms, and the risks of reinfection;

- taking binders (clay, charcoal, psyllium husk, herbs, chlorella, chlorophyll), etc.;

- detoxing your organs, especially your liver;

- taking anti-inflammatories, which may quell the inflammatory cascade.

Depending on your bioburden (germ load) and what you open up, these factors may vary in their importance or how you manage them as a methodology.

My pain point: careful what you wish for, while helping your body get rid of "naughty luggage."

[Wink]

--------------------
My biofilm film: www.whyamistillsick.com
2004 Mycoplasma Pneumonia
2006 Positive after 2 years of hell
2006-08 Marshall Protocol. Killed many bug species
2009 - Beating candida, doing better
Lahey Clinic in Mass: what a racquet!

Posts: 830 | From Mass. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jarjar
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jarjar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I discovered Interface Plus through this site and it is the best enzyme bio film buster I have worked with.
Posts: 805 | From Utopia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jarjar
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jarjar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I discovered Interface Plus through this site and it is the best enzyme bio film buster I have worked with.
Posts: 805 | From Utopia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Thanks coldfeet. I take milk thistle, chlorella and lots of krill oil, and other anti-inflammatories.

I have been treating for 3 years, so I think it's time to try these systemic enzymes.

jarjar, thanks for your input!

--------------------

seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hubby took vitalzyme in the past -- not nearly as effective as lumbrokinase for him.

Actually he also takes wobenzyme. They seem to work differently and the combo is better than either one alone.

If you are trying to open up bloodflow to the brain then lumbrokinase and also arginine (do not take this if you have herpes viruses) both work well. Hubby tried high dose niacin and then moved on to the arginine.

But I definitely agree -- start slow with any of these and ramp up slowly.

Years ago before we knew not to just do what the doc tells you hubby was advised to take 11 wobenzyme either 2 or 3 times per day. He started at full dose. Well after about a day and a half he ended up with encephalopathy and was unconscious in the hospital for about 15 hours one day. He had elevated protein in his spinal fluid. This was before he had had any antibiotics. Was trying herbal treatment for lyme at the time. The only good thing that came out of that experience was a positive PCR for lyme.

So please go slow -- especially if you have never done anything for hypercoagulation.

Hubby has also tried heparin -- did not help much. And he tried nattokinase but probably was not at a high enough dose.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by debilyn:

My LLMD suggested Wobenzyme PS because I have a lot of fibro-type pain too.

I've been taking 1/2 dose for four weeks;
I think I notice some reduction in pain.
Too soon to know for sure.

Well, why don't you try going up to a full dose?
I noticed a significant decrease in pain and stiffness when I increased the dose.

One of the guys in Lyme Chat told me that he didn't think that Serrapeptase was doing much for him, until he increased the dose.

In the various articles about Wobenzym, I read that doctors in Europe would prescribe a large dose (like 30 tablets) to "force the therapeutic response."

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take wobenzym and boulouke. Boulouke has potentially been a game changer for me as I think you have to get to those biofilms. I take two morning and night on an empty stomach. Wobenzym I take four morning and night on an empty stomach. Both have wonderful anti inflam properties. I am on an antinflam cocktail morning and night that I would not be without.

One of the best antinflams I have seen though is the New Chapter Zyflamend. That is amazing stuff. Only Lyme folks can understand how much of a difference this piece makes....

Posts: 859 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoops123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18333

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoops123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interfase plus seems to be helping me.
Posts: 749 | From State full of ticks | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Thanks, Bea, for all of your thoughts.

You and your hubby sure have been through he mill.

I did use heparin a few years ago. I did not notice any effect from it.

I will go slowly with the enzymes.

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Carol in PA,

That makes sense. I hope I notice a significant reduction in pain and stiffness like you did.

That would be awesome.

Thanks for your input.

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

willbeatthis,

Thanks for the info on what works for you.

I wish some of these things were not so expensive....I (everyone else too, I'm sure) take so many things.

Boulouke is more expensive than some.

I have not tried Zyflamend. Perhaps I better try that one too.

Thanks alot!

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Hoops,

Thanks for your thoughts.

I plan to start with wobenzyme and then I'll add from there. I already ordered some.

--------------------

nonna05
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You all is this about ,,,PAIN//or Thick Blood or gut NoT WORKING or DETOXING or all of it ????

I have a hypercoagulation post out there and at a very unsettled point of what to do...I know comply ,but what about these isssues.

Posted today around 2-5 pm

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

I'm not sure nonna...I think those enzymes can do multiple things, so that's why I asked about pain, biofilms, and making forward progress when "stuck".

I posted the links to both of our posts in your new post, so maybe it will help others compare your questions and get you some answers.

--------------------

jarjar
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8847

Dekrator since you mentioned cost of biofilm treatment, something most of have to watch.
Interfase plus from the this site is 27.00 mailed
to your house for a month treatment.

Here is some info...and link
http://www.thenaturalonline.com/klaire-labs-interfase-plus-120-veggie-caps.html

Specialized enzymes and EDTA disrupt biofilm matrix embedding potential gastrointestinal pathogens.

InterFase Plus� provides the same unique enzyme formulation as InterFase� with the addition of ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA). The presence of calcium, iron, and magnesium is essential for biofilm creation and serves to cross-link the anionic regions for polymers. InterFase Plus� includes ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA) which binds the metals needed for biofilm formation. Biofilm consists of microorganisms encased within a self-produced matrix of exopolysaccharides and exoproteins that strongly adheres to interfaces and resists dislodgement. Microorganisms residing within biofilms are highly resistant to antimicrobials including antibiotics and bacteriocins produced by probiotics. InterFase Plus� is a unique enzyme formulation with EDTA that is especially designed to disrupt the biofilm matrix that embeds potential gastrointestinal pathogens. Enzymes in InterFase Plus� are selected for their ability to lyse the extracellular polymers commonly found in biofilm as well as degrade bacterial and yeast cell wall structures. The enzyme blend in ?InterFase Plus� was developed using in vitro testing of antibiofilm activity and ??was found to have significant antibiofilm activity resulting in meaningful degradation of biofilm communities of potentially pathogenic bacteria and yeast. InterFase Plus� is intended for use in conjunction with efforts to support normal gastrointestinal function and microflora. As an adjunct to other efforts to eliminate potential pathogens, it is best combined with use of a high-potency, broad, multispecies probiotic formulation and a prebiotic to encourage the formation of healthy intestinal microbial biofilm communities. It may also be combined with antimicrobial agents. ?The capsules should be taken away from meals to maximize the enzyme effects.

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Thanks for all the info jarjar! I'll look at the link. Appreciate it!

--------------------

nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Dekrator....It was so strange seeing the blood and being told a bit of what it meant....

Just trying to get there [dizzy]

Blessing's for Easter.Nonna

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PhillyLyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26468

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PhillyLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been taking interface plus for over a month I think it did help at first because I got a small herx out it. I am noticing now though that every time I take it in the morning I get this really bad stomach pain.

not sure if it a good thing or not but I might stop taking it ig this continues

Posts: 324 | From Philly | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jarjar
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8847

Philly, the biofilm in the gut does not like this stuff. I as well as others on this board have gone so far as to throw up or have dry heaves. As time goes on the upset feeling diminishes. I would try alka seltzer gold or
something that settles your stomach before
stopping it.

PhillyLyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26468

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PhillyLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
interesting you mentioned Alka-Seltzer Gold I have gone to 3 pharmacies looking for it and no one has it
Posts: 324 | From Philly | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickofsick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29258

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickofsick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Buoloke has done wonders to break down biofilms. Of course, I really don't know because taking so many things and fighting so many infections!

We have seen significant improvement in breathing and hypercoagulation issues.

Posts: 312 | From Utah | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cass A
Member # 11134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cass A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Friends,

It is very likely that the babesia-like organism Dr. Fry discovered and named is behind these bio-film problems.

However, he doesn't yet have a treatment that fixes this situation permanently. Working on it......

In the meantime, the use of enzyme products seems vital to me!

I take Witalzyme currently as a systemic enzyme. They recently changed their formula and increased the price, unfortunately. I take Rechts-Regulat for hyper-coagulation.

Thanks for the data on InterFase Plus. I'll look into that one!

As noted above, when doing anything that will lead to detoxing, it is very, very important to be "mopping up" after, or the body will just deposit the toxins somewhere else or make you feel horrible, or both!

Best,

Cass A

Posts: 1245 | From Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
debilyn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for debilyn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The PS on the Wobenzyme stands for professional strength.

Yes, I know I need to up the dose. Had a bad initial reaction to the full dose. So trying to go slow.

There are so many things to keep straight-- what time to take which meds, which meds need to be taken away from others, when to do enzymes; it is a huge learning curve for me.

Posts: 331 | From West Coast | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jarjar
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8847

Thanks Cass for bringing up about mopping up with detox supplements. I always keep Chlorella and Activated charcoal around and totally forgot
to mention that for clearing out the toxins when
going after biofilm.

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Thanks jarjar, PhillyLyme, sickofsick, Cass A, and debilyn for all of your input...very helpful!!

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement