LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » bloodwork back--no temporal arteritis!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bloodwork back--no temporal arteritis!!
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
since i'm leaving saturday i called the neuro's office and asked if they would kindly give me results before i left (or else i'd worry myself into a grave over it before i got back). the nurse was really nice.

she told me absolutely no signs of anything either in bloodwork or on the eeg. all normal, EXCEPT MY GLUCOSE IS HIGH. she asked if anyone is diabetic in the family and I said both parents and now two sisters.

she said there was "absolutely no sign of inflammation on the sed rate or any part of the tests". he ordered a bunch including arthritis (normal), cbc (normal), and some others (all normal). only thing that showed up abby normal was glucose.

she said i should monitor what i eat, eat no sugar, and get the weight down and exercise.

i'll make the appt for the mri when i get back.

whew, i was sweating this really big time, i mean BIG TIME.

i'm glad. so now i can go with llmd and be free of other worries. lyme is enough to worry about anyway.

i have another appt with the new llyme doc on may lst. better not have tornadoes...

did i tell you how much in really really like my new doc? even if i do have to drive a ton to get there.

wonder if the sun will come up tomorrow? LOL....

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
manybites
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33750

Icon 1 posted      Profile for manybites         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny that you mentioned Diabetic.I have had the same symtoms as you have and when babesia and FL1953 bug became activated I had the same exact test comming up .

I treated babesia ( lyme and bartonella as well before that )ans now this test was better NORMAL.Surprise. I am not healed but they are not saying I am diabetic.

While at the moment ( i had taken high dosages of artemisin for parasites and babesia came back fully forced almost killed me ) and my test showed diabetic range ( warnings) .

So it started with HIgh colesterol , than anemia, than Wbc low and diabetic ( besides , TMJ ,ear pain , migranes, spine pain , hip pain , knee pain etc etc etc anxiety, than vertigo than preasure in the head than chocking to death , vomiting etc etc )....over a decade or two.

LYME and coinfections were activating one after the other over the time of the years this test starting getting worst during over e period of years of those test.

Now after treating them ( not eradicating ) the RBC , LBC , and NOt diabetic.

Posts: 1379 | From disable | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
are we related? sisters maybe or something??

cause you're describing me down to a T...

and my llmd said i have "raging bartonella and bad neuro lyme"..

i've got a month before we start abx so we'll see how i do. i didn't tolerate flagyl well at all but he said there are other options. so we'll see.

gosh, it's amazing. well something else to watch.

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bearlythere
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31973

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bearlythere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news Randi. I was wondering why the doctor tested you for temporal arteritis?
Posts: 131 | From Maryland/USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

cause i have such severe headaches and i get the swelling along the sides of my head. like a knife being stabbed in my head. my eyes and entire face throb so bad at night i can't sleep. it's like jerking. then you add the numbness, ear, jaw, teeth pain, you name it. just cut my head off and i'd feel better.

--------------------

dbpei
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am happy for you, Randibear. I belong to support group for people with vestibular problems on Facebook and there are many people there with severe head aches, referred to as vestibular migraines.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/409365999079105/

The woman who heads the group has Lyme (also has a child with Lyme (contracted through pregnancy) and she is constantly trying to educate people about it. Some of the group members have been diagnosed with Lyme - and some need to be educated about the possibility that they may have.

There have been postings about migraines and severe head aches that might be helpful to you. If you are interested in joining the group, I think you can just press 'LIKE' when you get on the page - but if you have trouble, please PM me and I will take care of getting you in.

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aperture
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aperture         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YAY!!!!! Great news!!!!

--------------------
aperture

Posts: 551 | From Louisville, KY | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
glad you can finally relax on that one!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

I bet my guardian angel is at a bar somewhere drinking a beer and saying "you won't believe what she put me through this week".

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement