LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » depression relief: liquid trace minerals

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: depression relief: liquid trace minerals
sickpuppy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickpuppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took ConcenTrace liquid trace minerals yesterday and my depression lifted almost immediately.

I took 10 drops in water at noon, another ten at 6pm, and 5 more later in the night. (The bottle recommends 40 drops per day!)

I felt it also helped my foot pain and gave me an energy boost. But I wouldn't take this after 6pm because it seemed to keep me awake when I wanted to go to sleep. I did feel a little scared by a slight euphoria. Guess I'm not used to feeling good.

Posts: 702 | From North Eastern USA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Often a slight euphoria can be our body's way of saying "welcome home" to a certain nutrient. Key word there, "slight" and a "slight" uplift should not cause insomnia but allow relaxation if balanced properly.

However, I wonder if the starting dose may have been too high for the first time. It's usually best to start anything new with just ONE drop or one capsule. Increase very slowly over time.

If you feel that your system is "wired" at all, back the dose back down a bit. And, do not take after 3 p.m. (or maybe earlier) until you get used to how it works for you.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My body usually likes trace minerals, but it did definitely not like ConcenTrace. I changed to a cleaner brand (at that time Pharmax's) and now I make certain that put some Electrolites into my drinking water. I usually stick with Biopure.

I also make use of Himalayan salt making sole of it, putting a few drops into drinking water.

For the body to function, it needs electrolites.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickpuppy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickpuppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GiGi can give me link to the bran you like?

Keebler, I'll back it down.

Posts: 702 | From North Eastern USA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sickpuppy,

www.biopureus.com

I use both the Matrix Minerals and also the
Microminerals.

Use very little - put it with your drinking water. I use a glass jug that I fill with filtered water and sip that during the day.

Minerals need to be such that they are easily absorbed. They are difficult to find.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you! I don't doubt that minerals can do what you say they did for you.

My aunt was a wreck after going off hormones for menopause. She had massive anxiety and depression. Was in tears often during the day and was ready to go back on the hormones.

Via muscle testing we put her on mineral chi from Nature's Sunshine. She got almost immediate relief and was fine as long as she stayed on the minerals. She eventually was able to go off without the depression and anxiety coming back.

I take the biopure electrolyte formula but lots of other minerals too. The liver uses them when one is detoxing.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickpuppy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23846

thanks for the info. maybe i'll try those when my big bottle of ConcenTrace is used up.
gigimac
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I, too experienced the same thing Sickpuppy. When I began concentrace minerals I felt pretty darn good for a little while. Sadly that effect went away and it hasn't returned even when I stop and start the minerals. I hope you stay feeling well.
Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lauralyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauralyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to know

I wonder if it would help my fingernails which break and peel so easily.

I am definitely missing something

--------------------
Fall down seven times, get up eight
~Japanese proverb

Posts: 1146 | From west coast | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone tried Cowden's trace minerals?
Posts: 677 | From Virginia | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement