LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Coffee enema, looking for instructions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Coffee enema, looking for instructions
MichaelTampa
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there a link anywhere with good instructions on how to do a coffee enema? Considering doing this but don't know how hard it would be. I'd also need to figure out how to make coffee, that part probably not that hard, but truly have never done it.
Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael,

Google coffee enema instructions. Lots of info on step by step how to.

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.sawilsons.com/basicenema.htm

http://www.optimalhealthnetwork.com/Coffee-Enemas-s/538.htm

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lightfoot
Member # 2536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Michael!

You'll learn how to make cowboy coffee. [Smile] It's boiled rather than drip or perk.

Good luck!

--------------------
Healing Smiles.....lightfoot [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 7228 | From CO | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you sparkle

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No problem...
Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My goodness, thanks for the links, just peaked through them, it appears I don't have the brainpower to understand them today. Maybe some other time, looks like quite a complicated procedure to learn.
Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
birdie67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for birdie67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's really not too complicated once you do it. They have made a huge difference for me in the way I feel.

I boil 4 cups of distilled water with 2 tablespoons of organic regular coffee for 5 mins. Let cool to room temp or slightly warmer and then use one of the store bought enema bags. Try to keep in 10 to 15 min.

After your first time doing it, you will get it down [Smile]

Posts: 486 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
birdie67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for birdie67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, make sure you drain out the coffee grounds and don't get those in the enema bag [Smile]
Posts: 486 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recommend to boil the water then remove from heat and add the coffee grounds. You shouldn't boil the coffee.

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31621

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting this question...I was looking into the same thing yesterday and was feeling a little overwhelmed by some of the instructions when I googled.

You are not alone Michael!

--------------------
Tick bite in 2006, bullseye rash, treated with 2 rounds of 2 weeks of doxy. (once in 2006, once in 2009)
Dx with chronic Lyme May 2011.
LLMD April 2012, Treating with omnicef/zith
Lots of supplements!

Posts: 640 | From Connecticut | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coffee Enema Basics -

Boil 4 cups of water (well, spring, distilled) in a glass or stainless steel pot for 3ish minutes.

Remove from heat and add 2 T. freshly ground organic coffee, (so it's 1 T coffee to 2 c. water)

Let it sit to cool (1+hrs?)

When it's not hot anymore (test on wrist or dip pinky - should feel warm not hot) strain the coffee grounds (using a french press is the easiest way I've found) and pour the water into your enema bag.

Use butter or olive oil to lubricate the hose and insert hose about 3".

Lay on your left side when inserting coffee, then remove hose, and roll to right side.

The goal is to hold it 15 - 20 minutes.

Please know this is a talent requiring practice. If the water is too cool it will be hard to hold. Don't be hard on yourself, whatever happens was meant to happen. Just relax. After a while (for me over a month) you will enjoy this experience and enjoy reading books again.

I worked my up to making 10 cups of water with 6T of coffee and doing 2 enemas in a row. The first enema will clean out the bowel and the second enema will work wonders on the liver.

Good luck and relax. All good things take time.

PS. I cut a kitchen trashbag lengthwise and spread 3 papertowels across it. This way, any mess is easily caught. Soon you won't make any mess at all.

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

You can start off with a plain water enema, too. Some people do 2 - a plain water one first & a coffee one after.

It was weird at first but it's not that bad. You don't have to buy anything fancy - just get a hot water bottle with enema/douche kit at the drugstore.

You can try a premade Fleet emena first if it's too weird.

Be sure to strain the grind out of the coffee! Also use organic coffee. Don't get it ground too fine. You can use coconut oil as a lubricant, too.

You want to try to hold the coffee so it boosts the glutathione production in your liver. It's a stimulant so it can stimulate the liver & gall bladder to produce glutathione - from what I understand.

If you lay down in the bathtub - put some old towels in there so it's not cold. It's good to be near the toilet.

I think it's better to have "natural" bowel movements but some people do these quite often. I guess it depends what the problem is.

Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healing in Santa Cruz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting how everyone does them different. I have done them for yrs and started with 2 tlbs,boil 3 min and simmer 15.

Good to do water enema first or 2 coffee in a row.

I do in tub and warm tub with spray of hot water and put garbage bag down in case of accident.

I also have a comfy pillow. That with the warm tub feels so comfy. I have always only layed on rt side. Knees up to chest.

I missed 2 days of doing them and can sure tell a difference in attitude,pain, energy etc.GershinSP? clinic has cancer people do 2 a day. You can also implant good probiotics after.

Do whatever is a yes for you.

Posts: 905 | From Santa Cruz,Calif | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

http://www.gersonhawaii.us/gersonarticle5.html

Yes, we do don't we. I guess the most important thing is just to do them.

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

pme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31621

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tried this today. I wish I hadn't.

I can't drink coffee the traditional way either. Lol. Massive headache jittery fatigued. Guess this method is not for me

Hope you had better luck.

--------------------
Tick bite in 2006, bullseye rash, treated with 2 rounds of 2 weeks of doxy. (once in 2006, once in 2009)
Lots of supplements!

Posts: 640 | From Connecticut | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lightfoot
Member # 2536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pme,

It is said that a coffee enema is not all the same as drinking it. It is suggested to try less coffee if you run into the problem you had.

Mu two cents.

--------------------
Healing Smiles.....lightfoot [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 7228 | From CO | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31621

Thanks. I went light on the coffee. It made me jittery and headachy which is what happens as far as I can recall if I drink coffee. I guess everyone reacts differently but I don't think I will try this again anytime soon

Looks like I am in the minority though.....I was hopeful since so many say such great things about it. I am a little disappointed.

--------------------
Lots of supplements!

Lauralyme
Member # 15021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauralyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pme maybe your coffee was made too strong
don`t give up yet.....try it again with weaker coffee

It is such an inexpensive and effective way to detox

--------------------
Fall down seven times, get up eight
~Japanese proverb

Posts: 1146 | From west coast | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

You could try diluting the coffee alot. It's supposed to stimulate the liver to produce glutathione. Maybe you just need to use a little? or try decafe?

I know that if I do them in the evening - I get pretty wired. The caffeine does effect the body this way, as well as, drinking it.

People put all kinds of herbs into enemas... If coffee doesn't work there are alot of other herbs & things to try.

Here are some examples-
http://www.enema-web.com/enema_recipes.htm

pme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31621

You guys are great. I still feel awful this morning. I feel like thi se me back so much and I had just gotten trough a four day Herx this morning I am week and shaky. My body is super sensitive. It is so frustrating. Thank you for the ideas.

--------------------
Lots of supplements!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement