LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Juicing disaster!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Juicing disaster!
farraday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for farraday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son bought me an Omega 8004 juicer for my birthday. It works like a charm, is easy to use and to clean. Unfortunately I had no idea that juices could make me so ill!!My husband and I are both sick from it. I spent yesterday in the bathroom and he has terrible headaches and we are both too ill to get out of bed.

All this is from two or three glasses of carrot, apple, celery juice. I did only use one small granny smith apple and the rest carrots and celery stalks. I did add a tiny bit of wheat grass and half a cucumber (peeled) to the last batch. It is all organic produce...most of it is grown locally.

I had to stop my antibiotics, double my probiotic. My diarrhea tea from Hannas Herbal shop finally gave me some relief last night.

What we learned, I think, is that we are both extremely toxic and must go slowly. I also think I will add a lemon next time.

Do any of our doctors understand all of this? It is clear that juicing is a powerful "medicine" that we take on our own without professional guidance. How do I know which things I need....more potassium, vit A ?

I have a good book "Juicing for Health" that explains what is in each vegetable and fruit and has wonderful recipes for juices, sorbets, etc. But what is right for me?

When we were in a hospital in Mexico years ago we received small glasses of green, carrot and other juices a few times a day. But we also got daily IV's that were probably flushing away toxins. They fed us wonderful gluten/sugar free food and after 10 day of this we both felt much better. But it was way too expensive to do again.

I am due to begin IV Rocephan soon. But should I not get IV Vit C and simple ringers solution to help flush out toxins in addition to that?

I have trouble eating much of anything yet I am still overweight, ever since they removed my thyroid. I am due to see a new endocrinologist, but I do not hold out much hope for that.

My favorite food is hearty beef vegetable soup that I make myself when I am well enough. I am too ill to cook and my husband does it...once a day. Other than that I have a protein shake and yogurt, GF waffle, cereal, bananas.

I know I am not properly nourished, but not sure how to fix it. I thought the juices would do the trick. Now I am afraid to try it...and at the very least will have to go slowly.

Any suggestions???

--------------------
DOCTOR: "I don't think you are sick."
PATIENT: "We are all entitled to our opinions. I don't think you are a doctor."

Posts: 697 | From Northern California | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know more people will pop in tomorrow, so the only think I can say is i am sorry

Please stay hydrated!

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope both of you feel better. [Frown]

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
debilyn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for debilyn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm interested in this topic too. Up for more response.
Posts: 331 | From West Coast | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhitneyS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhitneyS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First off you need to start juicing slowly-- like maybe half a cup a day for the first few weeks. It can cause tons of symptoms: detox and otherwise, if you go too quickly.

Also the items you are juicing are pretty sugary. Carrots and apples would make me sick. Try using more greens like spinach, lettuce, things low in sugar.

Posts: 844 | From CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
interested..was just asking about it..cause saw a Gary Null sp?.video on immune and fighting disease.

He was kinda mellow ,so it must be an older program/NETFLIX
anyway he was BIG on lemons and limes and Alkaline,,,lot's of greens..

So I brought it up to try some juicing again..

Maybe different versions/watered down and slower..

Kinda got the Don't you think you have enough Stuff going in that body??

I would have to have help for this....And I'm not sitting on a pot of gold or large family/help//

wonder if you make a few at one time and put in jars how long the benefit's last

At this point I'd eat Chocolate covered ant's if I thought it would help.. [tsk] [Eek!] Nonna

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
forgot to ask...what place in Mexico?? $$$$?????where??? any info/real hospital or something else??? Thanks
Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
riverspirit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for riverspirit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Raw juices are definitely not for everyone.

Once i worked with an oriental medical doctor who told me that he won't work with people who are on raw foods, as he has seen more "yin" cases and people with poor digestion as a result of people over-doing these things.

In oriental medicine, raw juices are very "yin" and not all people can handle this.

What works for me are vegetable broths, as well as bone broths. Also, pureed steamed vegetables. This is a way to get the nutrition, the cleansing without the harshness of the raw juices.

These things are very subjective and everyone has their own "opinion" based on their own experiences and conditioning.

What's important is to listen to your own body.

Perhaps try some mild veggie broths with organic vegetables to start. Just a bit of celery and carrot and parsley, or whatever your body feels is right.

May you be gentle with yourself.

Too many of us get neurotic trying to squeeze our life into someone else's idea of what we "should" do.

Ease and peace ~

Posts: 164 | From North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting point, riverspirit. There are many ideas of what constitutes a "perfect diet". Wheatgrass many be too much for some people. It might have been that. Maybe you had an allergy or there was some kind of bacteria or parasite on the produce?

You may want to try diluting the juice with water? If it made you ill - probably best to lay off of it or greatly reduce your intake. Maybe raw foods are not for you? I know people who cannot eat raw foods. It's not that unusual.

The ancient Chinese used to think people who ate raw foods were barbarians...

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emla999/Lyme
Member # 12606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emla999/Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For what it's worth, due to the large percentage of water that vegetable and fruit juices contain, drinking a lot of juice can potentially lower your urinary brix (sugar) and urinary salt. And when this occurs you can develop numerous health problems...... headaches seem to be a common occurence when your urinary brix and urinary salts are low.

Drinking alot of vegetable juice or even alot of fruit juice will usually cause my urinary brix (sugar) and urinary salt to crash and thus this will usually cause me to develop symptoms of low urinary brix (sugar) and low urinary salt. I determined this by measuring my urine with a refractometer and conductivity meter. So now, I don't usually drink any fluids unless I am thirsty or it has been a few hours since I have urinated. Little did I know, that years of consuming too many fluids throughout the day was a HUGE contributing factor to the development of my health problems. And in my opinion, the bad feeling that some people get from drinking alot of fluids such as juices or water are not always due to a herx reaction or a cleansing action but rather this bad feeling may just be the side effects that can potentially occur from consuming too many fluids.

And for those of you that may be interested in more about this, in the video down bellow, Matt Stone discusses the possible side effects of drinking too much water/fluids. The video gets more interestring around the 3 minute mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-rXiUDGHJU

http://180degreehealth.com/2012/02/how-much-water-should-you-drink

Posts: 1223 | From U.S.A | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement