LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Headache Locations?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Headache Locations?
WendyK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18918

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WendyK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know the different infections tend to cause headaches in different locations - can anybody tell me what bug causes headaches in which spot? Thanks.

--------------------
Wendy

Posts: 253 | From Near Albany, NY | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm good question. I was Bart causes headaches but where I don't know. My headaches are mostly temple, front and top of head also above and around eyes.

I'd feel better if you cut my head off

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scrappy
Member # 25888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scrappy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still have the crushing frontal headache (like someone is pushing down on my forehead/sinuses).

Still trying to figure that one out.

The side-to-side/head in a vise type headache is basically gone.

Don't know if that was the Babs treatment or abx for other infections which treatment would overlap with some TBD treatments.

New doctor mentioned erlichia but I haven't had a chance to analyze those symptoms.

Posts: 56 | From Down Here | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertwind
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been wondering the same thing.

Been having horrific skull and scalp pain w/ headaches top of head and frontal behind my eyes.

Feel like my head is all on fire and neuro. Can't stand it...

I am treating for lyme, babs and q-fever and the head/ache issues come and go but never completely go away.

Cut mine off too.

Posts: 1671 | From Tick Infested New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WendyK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18918

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WendyK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bumping up, since it looks like there are several of us wondering the same thing!

--------------------
Wendy

Posts: 253 | From Near Albany, NY | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
betty1939
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for betty1939     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just thinking about this very topic today too. My temples, top of head, and front of head as well as lower base of skull always feel tight, full, or pressure.

It seems to be the only symptoms remaining that just won't go away and at times it seems a little better, nothing seems to touch it so far.

I've been treating babs for over a year and have been wondering if this is more hemobartonella than anything.

--------------------
Lyme IGG/IGM positive 12/08
Babesia Microti IGM positive 12/08
Hemobartonella positive 1/11
mycoplasma 6/11

Posts: 162 | From Ohio | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jellybean
Member # 16575

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jellybean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my head pain is constantly in the back. and for the last couple years, mostly just in the back left "corner" of my head. MAN, do I wish it would stop. No drug seems to make it go away for long.

It feels like I've been hit in the back of the head with a baseball bat recently. I hate it.

Posts: 57 | From oregon | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philly78
Member # 31069

Icon 1 posted      Profile for philly78     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me.....

Babs causes a frontal H/A....with pressure tightness on the top of my head and/or behind my eyes. Reminds me of a sinus H/A. This is often accompanied by dizziness.

Lyme gives me a headache in my occipital or subocciput region and I will have an increase in the "creaky cracky" noises that happen when I move my head. Lol.

Bart causes me to have more of a sharp, throbbing headache. Reminds me of a tension headache and is on the top of my head.

--------------------
When faced with pain you have two choices....either quit and accept the circumstances, OR make the decision to fight with all the resources you have at your disposal.

Posts: 1000 | From PA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me Bartonella seems to cause the burning, sharp ice pick type headache. This is usually front/top of head and behind eyes. This comes with migraine like symptoms of vertigo, nausea, sensitivity to light and sound and movement.

Babesia is more pressure type headache. Like my head is squeezed in a vice from front to back of the head. My neck always hurts too. Kinda like I have a heavy weight pulling down the back of my head and spine.

Both headaches make me feel equally miserable.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Q: Headache Locations?

IDSA ID doctors' offices.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had most of my head aches above and behind my ears and at the back of my skull, which is where I have been hearing creaks and cracks for years.

I have auditory and vestibular damage, so it is probably all related. The head aches are much better than they used to be before treatment with rifampin and doxy for anaplasmosis and RMSF.

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rainbowriver
Member # 24772

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rainbowriver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone here treated their headache to remission?
My main remaining problem is headache: back of my head, temples, throbbing, all around, sometimes dull pressure like headache. it never goes away, always there. during flares up, burning pain, debilitating. ear fullness, tinnitus. I also have spine pain.

Posts: 99 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooldog71
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pooldog71     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get headaches in a number of different locations. I have no idea how to relate a cause to each location.

Maybe I am afraid that if I did, I would realize I have even more infections than I know about...

Posts: 164 | From California | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lauralyme
Member # 15021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauralyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jellybean:

It feels like I've been hit in the back of the head with a baseball bat recently.

That's EXACTLY how I describe my headaches

--------------------
Fall down seven times, get up eight
~Japanese proverb

Posts: 1146 | From west coast | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rainbowriver:

Has anyone here treated their headache to remission?

I've had a couple things that put the headaches in remission.

The first thing was a one week course of prednisone to reduce fluid behind the ear drum.
Wow!
It was wonderful!

It cleared up the ear problem, which I had been fooling with for five months.
My continuous headache went away...such a relief.

The body aches and pains pretty much stopped too, but it all came back when I stopped the med.
This was before I knew about Lyme.
I knew I had migraines and fibromyalgia.

The prednisone reduced inflammation, which cleared up the fluid in the ears and relieved the headaches and body pain.

The second thing that put my headaches into remission was an "open" MRI.
I knew that sometimes the magnets in the MRI would reduce people's depression, but I did not realize that they might stop migraines too.

However, the head pressure and pain began returning about five or six weeks later, and within a couple months it was as bad as before.
Dang, I was wishing that I could afford to have an MRI every couple months, just to stop the headaches, haha.

When I read about Serrapeptase and other systemic enzymes, I realized this might help me.
Systemic enzymes reduce inflammation and hypercoagulation, which will reduce pain and headaches.

After trying a couple of enzymes, I found that Wobenzym worked for me.
Yes, it's expensive, but worth it to reduce the pain as much as it has.

Also, fish oil with a high ratio of EPA is helping to reduce my pain and headaches.
I can tell these things are good, because when I stop the pain and headaches return.

Since taking prednisone is not a good idea for people with Lyme, and MRI's are too expensive, I suggest that you look into systemic enzymes.

Some LLMD's prescribe systemic enzymes along with antibiotics, as they reduce biofilm and that helps the antibiotics to work better.
Taking systemic enzymes along with cat's claw is one protocol to treat Lyme.

Hypercoagulation (Thickened Blood)
http://www.diagnose-me.com/cond/C546624.html

Hypercoagulation causes pain and headaches, among other things.
A chronic infection like Lyme increases fibrin in the blood, which reduces the oxygen that can get to the cells, causing pain, headaches, digestive problems.

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rainbowriver
Member # 24772

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rainbowriver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carol, I love your humor. Bring a smile to my face. Haven't smiled all day, feeling miserable. I have serrapepatase at home. I will restart it.

Thanks.

Posts: 99 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement