LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What are the best labs to have kpu and gene mutations tested at

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What are the best labs to have kpu and gene mutations tested at
Maya12
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 36392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maya12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thinking I am going to get these tested to see if they are issues or barriers to getting better , I might as well find out now rather than later.

I know kpu can be treated but can any of the genetic mutations be treated?

Just want. To know know too what the best labs are for tests?

Posts: 1632 | From Canada | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quest did my mthfr. Don't know kpu.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maya12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Putnam , did quest test many gene mutations or just for mthfr?

I have heard of the yasko test that tests for 30 diff mutations , is this a good test?

Posts: 1632 | From Canada | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RC1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RC1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget the HLA DR, that will tell you if you can't detox Lyme or mold. That test is through Labcorp.
Posts: 845 | From Northeast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Hey rc1 if I had that test done as well are there treatments for Hla , dr?
Maya12
Member # 36392

What is hla-dr?
Annelet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13503

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annelet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just ordered the Methylation Panel for Vitamin Diagnostics ( recommended by Dr Rich Kronyenburgh ) and also the genetic panel from Dr Amy Yasko's outfit.
Posts: 250 | From canada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Oh ok cool those were the 2 labs I had looked at as well
RC1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RC1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maya, the HLA-DR is a test used to determine if you can detox mold, Lyme and some other biotoxins. If you can't detox your LLMD can put you on Cholestrymine (CSM) to bind to the toxins.

I am on it now and I wish I would have started it a long time ago.

Posts: 845 | From Northeast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Oh I see that makes sence thanks for the help
Where could I get this test done?

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/91842?#000000

Topic: what type of M.D. tests for PORPHYRIA

Many good links here about various kinds of porphyria but realize that they can be

genetic or ACQUIRED.

See the "Secondary Porphyria" post first. If "secondary" or "acquired" when the trigger (such as infection or toxin) has been managed, all is looking better.

KPU / HPU -- not exactly on the list of the typical Porphyrias -- but are similar in some regards.

Hope some links here help.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Maya,

You ask: "can any of the genetic mutations be treated?"

Yes. With key nutritional supplements to replenish what may be missing; avoidance of stuff that makes it worse; and diet.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Maya,

You also ask: " . . . the yasko test that tests for 30 diff mutations , is this a good test? "

I have not studied it in detail, however, Amy Yasko is a very well respected expert in this field.

TerryK, a poster her at LymeNet has posted extensive threads on this topic. Many of her posts are in that Porphyria thread but she has new ones, too.

So, when you see her posts over there, click onto her name to see her posting history for newer contributions.
-

Maya12
Member # 36392

Hey Keebler thanks for the help and this actually jogs my memory cause a while back my naturopath wanted to test me for porphyria he seemed to know quite a bit about it

Think I will have him do this as well as test for kpu

Can primary porphyria be treated effectively as well?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement