LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Wow Too Good To be True !!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wow Too Good To be True !!!
annxyzz
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I posted recently about a friend with Hep C who was barely alive and started taking mushroom supplement called Chaga ( Chaga maushroom Siberian) . My friend , Annie, was having no life and now is becoming active again feeling much better . She was VERY ILL .

I ordered some chaga from Amazon ( she orders from another place ) on a whim. I have only taken it three days ( liquid drops ) and am noticing my fatigue seems a little better . Will it last ? I do not know . I hope I will be like my friend .

The best discovery : I am not nearly as hungry and NOT CRAVING SWEETS ( my weakness ) ! I thoght it was my imagination until I looked it up ( hundreds of papers written about it - even Pub Med and Sloan Kettering ) and found it suppresses appetite ! I also found posts where others said their cravings were reduced .

ALSO: This is a strong immune modulator to balance T1 - T 2 . I read that at a science site
Pub med .

I have to share when I find something that makes life easier . We can always use good news ! Also , I had scars froma scabies infection ( vacay ) on my legs from months ago . What is amazing is that they are rapidly going away , and they have been on my legs several months . I was dreading showing my legs .

Most of the articles I read on Chaga are about its immune boosting , modulating , and most of all CANCER FIGHTING properties. There are many articles of studies on it for tumors with good results .

I will keep you posted to see if I get more enrgy like my friend annie with HEP C . But at least I will not look as menopausal chubby ! My sugar cravings are torture . And I can pour my menopausal self into some capri pants because my scars are disappearing after MONTHS!!

Best wishes to all ....

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Big in Russia for healing,,,wood grown..
Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sharing, annxyzz!!
Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattH
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MattH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What brand did you order? I found the drops but they did not say "siberian."

All the Best, MattH

Posts: 607 | From Houston Texas | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know someone who has a close friend with hapatitis that had the same positive results from mushrooms. Cured her.
Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattH
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MattH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.sayanhealth.com/index.html

Here is one of the companies that says they have a siberian chaga origination.

All the Best, MattH

Posts: 607 | From Houston Texas | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have ordered the sayan on amazon and took it a couple of days and herxed til I could hardly stand up .

I also ordered the Planetary Herbals from Amazon and started lower . The Planetary Formula is liquid and I am taking 2 droppers twice dily and am on the forth day . I am having more energy and feel less fluish . I am NOT calling this a miracle and do not want to over state , but it DOES really seem to help ! AND , NOT thinking of food all of the time is a HELP !
Last night I was not tempted to go in the kitchen and scrounge for sweets or chips and salsa . I generally try to keep no no foods out of the house , but always wrestle with this .

The other thing about this is that there are so MANY articles about the mushroom. It is the absolute most potent antioxidant currently known . It is an immune stimulator and modulator . I NEED BOTH ! Supposed to balance TH1
and TH2 .
What it has done for my friend has almost shocked me as she has had HEP C for 20 plus years not knowing it for many of those years . She says she is enjoying life again - not normal but functioning far better and not as severely fatigued and toxic .

I am doing an experiment . I am taking chaga and also ordering LIV 52 and NOW brand liver regenerator , which has the factors your body needs to build glutathione. WE ARE ALL SEVERELY DEFICINT!!! THere are no ABX or drugs that will work if your number one FIGHTER is at zero . If you do not know about glutathione , read about it . All illnesses have LOW levels ! Glutathione is made by the liver , it DETOXES the body and fights tumors .

My theory is that this glutathione depletion stalls our progress significantly . It may even be the reason drugs do not restore us , or at least a factor . I encourage everyone to look it up . My naturopath MD takes supplements everyday for it .
There are many scholarly articles on it . What I do know is that good health is impossible with a deficiency , and infections cause deficiency . is not opinion- it is proven science .

I will post again after a few weeks of trying this experiment . You can find LIV 52 reviews and the NOW Regenerator at amazon. THe reviews are extremely impressive, and the LIV 52 has over 29 scientific studies to back it up at their website . It is used ALL around the world .
Go to amazon and look up liver supplements and find Liv 52 , NOW liver regenerator . Then look at Chaga at amazon and at iherb. I like to see what a supplement has done for a purchaser .
I am hoping that maximum liver health will enable better glutathione production. The NAC and selenium have helped and are part of the NOW Liver formula , so I can give that expense up.

I have read many reviews at amazon and iherb , and looked at Sloan Kettering's website for the CHAGA info ( positive! ) .Sloan Kettering website is a great place to research herbs and suppplements .

I will get back with you again and see how my progress goes . Have not started the other products yet , but so far the chaga is impressive. Blessings to all - raise your glutathione level !
My friend with HEPC has a far lower viral load now !!! Cut in half! She orders through Won With Nature . I have not tried her "brand " yet . ( They also have lyme formulas ) .

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattH
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30846

I am ordering some Chaga so I will let you know how it works for me.

About 6 weeks ago I started Glutathione IV's. I get one 5cc IV about every 8 or 9 days. Some of my general stiffness and neck pain and stiffness has deminished to less than 1/2 of what it was. Other issues in my legs from Bart have not started to resolve so I know it is part of the answer but the Glut IV's are working well.

My doc also wanted me to try a compounded Glut cream every other day but I want to stick with the IV's for another month or more.

All the Best, MattH

annxyzz
Member # 20404

If you look up chaga and appetite, you will find it suppresses it . I am loving this!!! I am hungry at meal time and not afterwards . and at night I have no mental battle with wanting chips, salsa, tootsie pops , or cookies. I haven't even thought of them. Today I went to grocery store and had no desire for a Hershey bar . But I was hungry at dinner time . This is so helpful . I have lost almost 2 1/2 pounds . I may take this until I die .

--------------------
annxyzz

MattH
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30846

Wait, what is wrong with Salsa, the sause or the the dance? [Smile]

I think there is a law that in Texas you have to have salsa at least twice a week!

All the Best, MattH

annxyzz
Member # 20404

Matt , as a Texan I have to say there is nothing more appetizing in the world than chips and salsa and coke ! ( And my fav Mex food place is Cantina Laredo )

While I am here may I share something helpful? There is a website called earth clinic that offers insight for treatming a huge number of diseases and people from all over the world share what is used to combat pathogens in their country . I am lterally amazed at the multitude of options dealing with viruses and even some new ideas I found on biofilms. ( found biofilm info while reading about treatments for HCV ! ) I do not have HCV , but am interested in liver health and glutathione .

--------------------
annxyzz

jarjar
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jarjar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MattH:
Wait, what is wrong with Salsa, the sause or the the dance? [Smile]

I think there is a law that in Texas you have to have salsa at least twice a week!

All the Best, MattH
[/QUOTE

As a fellow Texan I love salsa also but tomato is one of the highest inflammatory foods you can eat. Also corn is also but not as high as tomatoes.

Posts: 805 | From Utopia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Jarjar : Sometimes you have to feed your soul = chips and salsa .

I do not have arthritis kind of inflammation. Also , tomatoes have many other atoning phytonutrients .

I am living in GA now, and I miss real Mexican food and BBQ .SADLY , there are no Tia Rosa chips here ... far better than any others .

--------------------
annxyzz

MattH
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30846

Yes tomatos are part of the night shade family. I guess there are somethings I am willing to give into. However the Glutathione IV's are really helping with my formerly achy joints!

I ordered the chaga and it should be here by Monday!

All the Best, MattH

annxyzz
Member # 20404

The chaga will help you not want to over eat . It also just got me passed a kidney infection and is making my scabies/ scars/ blotches go away when nothing else worked . I have no sugar cravings either .
Sounds like I am selling snake oil, but the scientific data is abundant . I will be interested to see if others here also notice a tamed appetite .
I have had some herxing , so I would not start
at the dose stated on label, just start two times a day instead of three and see how you respond . I tried three right off and regretted it . Two was tolerable .
I am growing in my awe of plants as I learn how vast the supply of health boosters are found in them.

--------------------
annxyzz

nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Annxyzz , I just went to that earth link ..hit lyme and a post said that vitamin d and mineral zinc are bad for those with Lyme.

Should I start another post??????????

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

I would nonna as that is faulty .Theinfo on lyme is paltry, but the info on viruses like Hep C or others is applicable as it gives info on liver function and biofilms and substances that affect them.

Gut health also had great info.

--------------------
annxyzz

annxyzz
Member # 20404

I have lost three pounds and it has been effortless because I have less appetite and not thinking of cookies or candy bars . This is wonderful to not have the sugar / chip battle eating at my psyche 24 / 7 .

Also there are many articles on chaga at Pub Med.

--------------------
annxyzz

Spindleshanks
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spindleshanks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Annxyzz

Any new improvements? My md said people with Lyme should avoid mushrooms and fermented food as many Lyme patients are allergic. Have you ever heard of this?

Posts: 253 | From CA | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36441

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so glad I found out about chaga mushrooms!

I went to the local botanical store, where they gather all their own, organic ingredients, and got me a little jar of it.

Their chaga is 'implanted' on birch trees in Ontario (they don't grow on the west coast, where I am, and it is specific to birch. If not harvested,they will eventually kill the tree), then gathered - all by a man on horseback. lol You can't get more natural than that.

Posts: 161 | From vancouver island | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Essential oil of Clove has a higher ORAC scale rating than anything else...so chaga is not the highest antioxidant known.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36441

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EO of cloves is over 70% eugenol, which is a hepatotoxic, meaning it damages the liver. (wikki) So I don't think it's a fair comparison.

At any rate, chaga has many health enhancing components:

Chaga contains:

Numerous Phytonutrient Nutrient Compounds

Ergo sterol

Many forms of Beta Glucans

Saponins, Sterols, Triterpenes, Betulinic Acid, SOD (superoxide dismutase)

Contains Amino Acid Complexes and other trace minerals

Melanin, a DNA protector beneficial to maintaining healthy skin

Extremely high antioxidant values measured by ORAC, HORAC and SORAC scales

Compounds shown to support human Natural Killer (NK) Cell activity

Posts: 161 | From vancouver island | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some orac scale listings may be comparing ground cloves to chaga, not the essential oil of clove. When an essential oil is made, this concentrates the antioxidant properties of the substance. Clove oil is way, way higher than anything else...

"Antioxidant ratings:
Vitamin C 100
Vitamin E 100
Carrots 210
Oranges 750
Beets 840
Tahitian NONI 1,506
Raspberries 1,220
Strawberries 1,540
Blueberries 2,400
Pomegranates 3,000
Wolfberries 25,300
Thyme Oil 159,590
Clove Oil 10,786,875"

--Reference: �The Essential Oils Desk Reference� page 415

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36441

EO of cloves is toxic.

It's not safe to compare it to something we can use as a regular supplement. People might misread.

tickle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36441

Essential oil of cloves is made up mostly of eugenol, which is a hepatotoxic, meaning that it damages the liver.
Razzle
Member # 30398

Um, aren't we supposed to talk to our doctors first before trying anything mentioned here?

1-2 drops maximum at a time is sufficient for theraputic purposes. This is far below the toxic level quoted above (3.75 grams/kg.).

Furthermore, many of the other things we take for these darn infections is also hepatotoxic at high concentrations.

So don't use clove - that's your choice.

I myself feel fine using a drop or two without problems.

--------------------
-Razzle

sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
15-30 drops of clove oil are too much in my opinion. It's pretty strong. Maybe 2-3 drops...?It's probably good to rotate some things & not take them every day.

I'd like to wait & see how the chaga works. I studied it a while ago. Some people feel that mushrooms in general are better to avoid since they are a kind of fungus. Even the medicinal ones. I tried a mixed mushroom supplement & I didn't feel it did much for me.

I think mushrooms do have a kind of sugar that may decrease appitite. I'd have to look up the studies about it. It may be something to do with beta glucan if I recall correctly.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is anyone still taking Chaga?

Also I haven't seen posts from Annxyzz for a while....doesn't she post here anymore?

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to know too...matts still around too right?

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder about the Chaga too.

I cut up tortillas and baked them. Without the oil, they became very crunchy. I made salsa and it was wonderful.

Going to have some more!

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nancy L
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancy L     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Vit D & zinc info...

Vit D supp caused me the only bad regression I have had since last summer. The Marshall info is that long-term patients with an organism infection (like Bb) should not supp with Vit D even though they are deficient due to the organism (Bb).

That the organism (Bb) reacts to D supps by depressing the immune system.

I took D supps for about 10 days, had horrible regression of symptoms, read the Marshall info, stopped the D supps, and went back to a good place and stayed there.

Sunshine on bare skin gives lots of D, and it does not cause me the same reaction.

Also, I think I have read that zinc was bad to supp if you have Bb. Not sure. I will look.

Chaga sounds good. And the NOW brand liver regenerator. I use dandelion root extract to cleanse the liver, but I don't know that it regenerates.

Posts: 254 | From North Carolina | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nancy L
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancy L     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Checked, and zinc does feed the Bb, why (per ND) lyme patients are deficient in zinc.

However, it is so needed for many metabolic processes, per ND, that we should supplement some.

Posts: 254 | From North Carolina | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Too much zinc suppresses the immune system.

Too little zinc shuts down methylation.

Neither is good, regardless of whether one has Lyme or not...

--------------------
-Razzle

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement