LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Tested POSITIVE for Chlamydia pneumoniae

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tested POSITIVE for Chlamydia pneumoniae
TN Kim
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26729

Icon 4 posted      Profile for TN Kim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So the tick from this re-infection was negative for Lyme and my blood labs from my LLMD were too

but I was positive for Chlamydia pneumoniae IGg. SO now I am totally confused and worried. *sigh*

--------------------
Bite 4/22/12
abx 5/03/12
neg. Lyme
pos. Cpn 5/17/12

Bite 5/22/10
abx 6/25/10

IgM � Igenex Positive & CDC/NYS Positive with 18+ ; 23-25+; 31+; 34+; 41+; 66+; 83-93 (IND)

IgG � Igenex Positive; CDC/NYS Negative with 31+; 39 (IND); 41++; 58+

Posts: 339 | From Tennessee | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickmate
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickmate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we're all cp-positive for igg. i wouldnt worry unless you were positive for iga or igm.
Posts: 214 | From Home | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TN Kim
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26729

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TN Kim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So do we still treat if it is IgG only?

--------------------
Bite 4/22/12
abx 5/03/12
neg. Lyme
pos. Cpn 5/17/12

Bite 5/22/10
abx 6/25/10

IgM � Igenex Positive & CDC/NYS Positive with 18+ ; 23-25+; 31+; 34+; 41+; 66+; 83-93 (IND)

Posts: 339 | From Tennessee | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sickmate,

does same thing go for Mycoplasma.

I was HIGHLY positive on IGG Mycoplasma pneumonia

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not everyone is positive for CPN -- might be true for mycoplasma pneumonia but definitely not the case for CPN.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annelet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13503

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annelet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out cpnhelp.org

Chlamydia pneumonia as a chronic infection can produce symptoms that mimic MS and CFS., and can co-exist along with Lyme.

Both are intracellular infections and the treatments are similar, but have very important differences.

Posts: 250 | From canada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TN Kim
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26729

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TN Kim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Annelet:
Check out cpnhelp.org

Chlamydia pneumonia as a chronic infection can produce symptoms that mimic MS and CFS., and can co-exist along with Lyme.

Both are intracellular infections and the treatments are similar, but have very important differences.

Yes, I have found that site and already started reading. Thank you!

My question though is do I need to treat even though I am only IgG positive and NOT IgM positive? ANyone know?

--------------------
Bite 4/22/12
abx 5/03/12
neg. Lyme
pos. Cpn 5/17/12

Bite 5/22/10
abx 6/25/10

CelticLadee
Member # 19972

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CelticLadee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. The tests for CPN are much like the tests for tick borne disease in that they are not entirely accurate. Therefore the clinical manifestations are deemed as most important just like Lyme diagnosis if you will.

What they will tell you at the CPN site is that you need to do the NAC test. N-Acetyl Cysteine will you cause you to have the "NAC flu" most likely if you do have an infection.

I had a horrible time with NAC flu which caused me to slowly ramp up during several months until I could take the full dose.

Then I had a terrible time taking Doxycycline and had to slowly ramp it up over a long period of time. It was a slow process for me but I finally was able to do the full protocol.

I had been on the treatment for around three years but am taking a break which I started May 1st. CPN is a slow grower but very persistent so it takes a very long time to kill off what you are infected with.

It has similar 3 stage life cycle to Lyme. The NAC weakens the disulphide bond around the infected cell so your immune system can kill the EB elemental body of CPN. They say it is important to keep NAC in your blood to avoid getting reinfected during & after your treatment.

Also you take antibiotic combo starting with Doxycycline, eventually add on Azithromax on Mon. Wed. & Fri's. When you can handle it you do Flagyl or like me Tindamax pulse once a month for five days. There are a few other protocols besides this one but it is the base one from Dr. W.
Dr. S. does add in Rifampin, etc. later on I believe.

Other stages are the RB replicating body and the cryptic form like the Lyme cyst form. That is the one you need the pulse antibiotic to get at it.

Secondary porphyria from CPN can make you feel very sick so they will tell you to use 'moppers' to detox. Moppers would be charcoal caps, chlorella, etc.

I have both IGG & IGA high titers but some who did not test positive are sick with CPN nevertheless. The NAC test is one way to see if you might be infected but as everything with chronic illness and individualism not everyone who is sick with it gets NAC flu either. Most do though. [Wink]

We all do what we can to help each other but nothing seems to be the same for everyone really. [Wink] Best to you as you explore this further.

I was reading here and thought of you:
http://lymediseaseresource.com/wordpress/emerging-lyme-disease-co-infection-chlamydia-pneumoniae-2/

~dee

--------------------
IGeneX WB on 9.09: IGG:31.IND,34.IND,41+,66+
IGM:39IND,41++ on 9.09 same on 1.10
ME/CFS, CPN, EBV, HHV6

Posts: 77 | From Washington | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annelet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13503

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annelet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Technically CPn is not a Co-Infection, since it is not transmitted by the Tick. Rather, it is a Co-Existing infection.

I know for sure that I got Lyme 18 years ago, but now I realise that I have had CPn for about 40 years. I think I had it as a low grade infection that kept surfacing a couple of times a year with respiratory symptoms and reactive arthritis.

By the time I cottoned on to the CPn I had already been on Lyme treatment for about 3 years. The tests were negative, but I had a HUGE reaction to the NAC, and still have a runny nose 18 months later.

What I thought were huge herxes were, in fact Secondary Porphyria.

Both Lyme and CPn are intracellular infections. My pet theory is that a lot of people have latent CPn, just like many have latent Chicken Pox virus that might resurface as Shingles. The latent Cpn is usually kept in check by the immune system, but along comes Lyme and the two intracellular bugs pack a double wammy and produce a very complicated picture.

My impression has been that the LLMD's are waking up to CPn, but don't really appreciate the complexities of treatment, which are equal, if not more tricky than Lyme.

Posts: 250 | From canada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TN Kim
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26729

THank you dee and Annelet! I am really scared now!!! I had double pneumonia in 2004 and was

hospitalized for 13 days so if it was in fact Cpn, then I definitely had a doozy of an infection!

All I know is something is making me feel horrible while on this Doxy still ... and the Lyme

and Bartonella tests came back negative and the tick tested negative for Lyme as well. The only

test with a positive result of the Cpn but IgG only! Sigh....

--------------------
Bite 4/22/12
abx 5/03/12
neg. Lyme
pos. Cpn 5/17/12

Bite 5/22/10
abx 6/25/10

Annelet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13503

Don't be scared......maybe this is your answer ! There is a lot of help over on the CPn site.....read, read and read, and ask for help.

Have you tried your reaction to NAC yet?

TN Kim
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26729

quote:
Originally posted by Annelet:
Don't be scared......maybe this is your answer ! There is a lot of help over on the CPn site.....read, read and read, and ask for help.

Have you tried your reaction to NAC yet?

No, I'm afraid to without my doctor being involved and I don't go back for 2 months.

--------------------
Bite 4/22/12
abx 5/03/12
neg. Lyme
pos. Cpn 5/17/12

Bite 5/22/10
abx 6/25/10

fourwinds
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14114

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fourwinds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I spent 4+ years on the CPN site treating what I thought was "only" CPN. I had a very hard time tolerating the doxy initially.

The treatment dosages for Lyme and Co's will take care of CPN; BUT, the dosages indicated on the CPN site will only keep the Lyme and co's "simmering"

It is my understanding Dr. S of Vanderbuilt believes having high IgG titers is still reason enough to treat...CPN (it behaves a lot like Lyme)

http://cpnhelp.org/how_chlamydia_pneumoniae_

You lyme protocol should eventually hit the CPN...

Posts: 396 | From EAPennsylvania | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annelet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13503

The treatment for Lyme will NOT take care of the CPn, unless you also add in something to cover the Elementary Body phase of the bug, such as N-Acetyl Cysteine. I got stuck in this trap for 4 years, thinking I was covering CPn as well, but hadn't educated myself well enough. Since I added in NAC 18 months ago, I am having big, big reactions..... I obviously created a huge EB load.
MattH
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MattH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Diagnosed with Lyme and CPD last summer. Pretty sure I got the Lyme near Kerrville Texas in 2001 but had the CPN cough since about 1995.

Started with mino, azith and flagyl and NAC. I take NAC 4 times a day to keep it in my system. I slowly started to turn the corner in late November but still have very low energy weekends like this weekend.

LLMD did say that the CPN may take a couple of years to treat. I cannot tell if I herx from the NAC. My blood test 6 months after starting ABX was the same as my first blood test even though the cough had decreased significantly.

Three months ago I started treating BART with Rif and Biaxin, so I am not sure what causes the down days.

My many times an hour cough started to go away about 2 months into treatment. It comes back a couple of times a day but it is like 10 coughs a day instead of 500. I think there is a waxing and waning of CPN until it is gone. Each time it comes back it is not as intense.

I am going to start NAET this week to minimize my allergies and help the immune system build up. My thought is that it will help the ABX to be more effective and assist in my recovery.

I am also doing Salt and C and will start another two months of antiparasite herbals. The challenge that most of us face is to remember to take in all our treatments at the appropriate times and still run a house hold or continue a full time job.

I spent several months on the CPN Help site and found it helped, however the breadth of treatment approaches and information exchange is many times greater here, so I have not visited in 6 months.

All the Best, MattH

Posts: 607 | From Houston Texas | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement