LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » why do we get shortness of breath??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: why do we get shortness of breath??
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i took some olive leaf extract capsules, 500 mg. boy, i got really short of breath after a couple of hours.

why in the world does this happen? some meds, like nystatin, flagyl, etc., cause me to be short of breath.

is is ketes dying, allergic reaction, what???

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shortness of breath or breathlessness and air hunger?

I think the liver is involved in either case. I learned the hard way that killing too fast causes air hunger, breathlessness, and sore mid-upper back. It's liver.

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
all i know is that i can't get a deep breath. feels like i'm not pulling in enough air through my noise and i have to breath through my mouth but then my lungs don't get enough air and i can't take a deep breath.

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
COPD...too many inflammatory cytokines. MMP12 = elastase = short of breath.

Here's the list of what helps:

OmegaBrite, 3 capsules in the morning with something fatty

CoQ10...watch out if co-infected with babesia

5HTP

Vitamin C - I use the gelatin capsule slow release form 'cause regular vitamin C does a number on my stomach. I take 1000mg.

Panex Ginseng - though Siberian Ginseng helps with adrenal fatigue

Magnesium - can get topical MgCl and simply apply it to your skin (we do absorb things thru our skin)- that way avoids the digestive "stimulation"

NAC

Ginger

Olive leaf extract

Exercise...seems like it shouldn't work...make the shortness of breath worse... but exercise actually helps.

Like so many people, I don't like exercising my body, but love exercising my brain (researching/learning) and my fingers (key board exercise). I know I need to make time to exercise...20 minutes only once a day and I do have a recumbant exercise bike.

I do admire people who take the time to take care of their bodies...especially those weight lifters in the gyms ;-)

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

hmmm this also happened after I walked mile This morning.

i think i'd better make an appt with my gp rather than my llmd about this.

the llmd noticed my cough and i told him about the shortness of breath but he only said "you've got a bad cough there".

[ 05-25-2012, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: randibear ]

--------------------

Spindleshanks
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spindleshanks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes seeing your doc would be a good idea. You never know it could be something not related?

I get shortness of breath just as you described mine is from Babs. Do you have that? I also get a friction rub in my lungs it's very weird.

Ole hits yeast maybe yeast die off? I can definitely feel the yeast die off when I take ole.

Posts: 253 | From CA | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

I've got Bart and reAlly bad yeast big time

--------------------

canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then you have toxins and gas and they get backed up and you get shortness of breath, breathlessness, acid reflux, etc etc

Liver can't handle

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

what's them best detox for this?

Or maybe humaworm for parasites huh?

--------------------

Spindleshanks
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spindleshanks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about a foot detox.

I know mine is not liver related it's definitely a symptom that improves from meds like alinia and mepron.

We are all so different.

Posts: 253 | From CA | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

you mean those foot detox pads? I think Scott uses them

--------------------

Spindleshanks
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32556

I go to a lady who uses an ionic foot detox machine. I feel like it helps a lot. It's around 35 dollars.

I haven't tried the detox pads but have heard if you buy the right ones they can work. Scott does have the good ones on his website.

You could also do a clay foot detox at home. There is also instructions in a post on here on how to make your own ionic type foot bath using a 9 v battery with special cables and real salt water.

Me and my sister are using the home made one with good results also. It is kind weird but it works. My husband has reassured me a 9 v battery won't hurt me.

nefferdun
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shortness of breath is a symptom of babesia and also protomxzoa, both of which infect red blood cells reducing oxygen. It could be you are hitting it with the drugs/supplements and the air hunger is a herx.

When you exert yourself, you do not have enough oxygen so you feel breathless. I was breathless climbing a flight of stairs. I didn't feel weak as though I lacked energy or strength. I just had no stamina in terms of oxygen. Now I am better and getting up there without a problem.

Some antimalarial medications like malarone, also cause breathlessness, dizziness etc.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so babs can cause it and then Mepron to treat babs can cause it..??

Why after being on Mepron for a few months would this problem be acting up????

What can you do for liver if you are just double lead suit ??? down

Taking Nac,,, a few milk thistle, glutathion,722, lemon water, when up .

Last time my blood count was OK , about month ago.

Don't know what a liver pack is ,but don't have help that will help that......

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this issue comes up a lot...
another poster/member has son starting to have trouble with some of this.

Also tingles/prickley/numbness

Can GSE have anything to do with this?

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dal123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dal123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dont waste your breath here!
Posts: 532 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymetwister
Member # 19590

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymetwister     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
COPD...too many inflammatory cytokines. MMP12 = elastase = short of breath.

Here's the list of what helps:

Sounds like a Diagnosis and Treatment. I think you need to be careful here Marni. Plus I don't think anyone would understand what your writing.
Posts: 1227 | From District of Columbia | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

still the question Babs can cause it as can mepron that's supposed to help it?// [Eek!]

What to do?/ do most people with co-infections get this?/

lymetwister
Member # 19590

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymetwister     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Autonomic Dysfunction can also cause it...

I just think we need to be careful to say it's this or that, when no one really knows.

And... one persons perception is different then anothers, so it's hard to say what a person is feeling is what another has felt and connect it to what helped that person.

Posts: 1227 | From District of Columbia | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually had to go through some heart testing to rule out the serious stuff. Had an echo cardiogram plus stress test.

This was peace of mind knowing that my heart is functioning okay but that maybe the infections or conflict in medications can exacerbate things. I did find out that taking zith and tizanidine can cause some of the arrhythmia's I am having so we are adjusting times with that to see what happens.

My shortness of breath is not all the time anymore. It comes and goes. Could be the replicating times of Lyme and coinfections causing all of this. Everyone is different. Can't hurt to get some tests done to rule out the more serious stuff.

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dyspsoea is one of the side effects of mepron and that is shortness of breath or air hunger. Many of the symptoms of babesia like headache, dizziness etc can also be side effects of mepron.

More than likely when you have these problems it is the disease but if you have been on the medication a long time, it might be a good idea to take a break and see if some of it clears.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristen J.
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kristen J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hypoxia???
Posts: 116 | From California | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it was ASTHMA

see her latest post

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larae30
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35220

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larae30     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How in the world are you supposed to know if it is caused by babesia or the babesia meds you're on??

--------------------
Treating lyme, bart and babs

Posts: 506 | From NE | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could be either one, Larae....but if it's from the meds... it's a herx, not the med .. so it's still babesia...

Confused now? [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larae30
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35220

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larae30     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

--------------------
Treating lyme, bart and babs

Posts: 506 | From NE | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement