LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What is CDC confirmed?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is CDC confirmed?
JBS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 37360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JBS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just read a chart from the CDC that said there were 55 confirmed cases of Lyme in Texas in 2010.

I live in Texas and in the last month, my son, myself and my niece have been tested by LabCorp and all three were stated to be positive per CDC criteria.

Are we confirmed? And if so, it kind of boggles the mind that we are all testing positive.

Obviously CDC is off/ Lyme reporting is off; Lyme testing is off.

Posts: 132 | From Texas | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JBS:

Obviously CDC is off/ Lyme reporting is off; Lyme testing is off.

-
You got that right!! Maybe they "confirm" cases by calling the patients who have been reported as CDC positive. If the patient is being treated, then it's "confirmed?"

Not sure. I do know they call people.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regulations mandate that all cases of Lyme be reported to the CDC. First the information goes through the local and state health departments, then after they are "confirmed" by them, they are sent to the CDC so they can "confirm" them and report the numbers.

To see how bad the case numbers are and how the "officials" are NOT doing their jobs....

In 2009 the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene did not enter 5,722 Lyme cases that were reported to them into their data base. Only 1,400 (approx) were reported that year.

They said they didn't have enough people to do the work, and other excuses.

If you take the total they had, and multiply by 10-fold (CDC cases THEY admit to missing) like we do for all the stats on Lyme, Maryland might have been number one in the nation for total cases that year and each year since that they failed to do their job.

AND it indicates that over 200 people PER DAY are contracting Lyme disease in Maryland alone.

EVERY DAY- 200 more people getting sick!

https://sites.google.com/site/marylandlyme/political-action/underreporting-in-maryland

THEN, adding insult to injury, the CDC (Ben Beard) has used the reports to snoop into patients lives and report our doctors for treating Lyme outside the IDSA's tight little box. See letter at this link:

https://sites.google.com/site/idsaonlyme/beard-ben/beard-engel-letter

What a disgraceful thing to do, and a total misuse of the reporting forms that are suppose to be for surveillance purposes, and are NOT to be used for a personal vendetta or to turn our doctors over to the medical boards. At the time North Carolina didn't have a set "standard of care" for Lyme, so that should have never been done to try to destroy Dr. J in NC.

So the CDC numbers are a total joke and VERY inaccurate. Somehow, watching the CDC/IDSA work like this, or NOT work at all over the years.... that sloppy stuff, hateful stuff and disregard for our health doesn't even surprise me.

BTW- I heard in Texas, from an Infectious Disease doctor, that there is NO Lyme in Texas. And that duck was sharing that so-called "fact" with health care professionals.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
outerspace1226
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34274

Icon 1 posted      Profile for outerspace1226     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My llmd says of his few hundred patients that he reported with positive Igenex, they called about 10. I was one of the lucky ones. So where I live there's only 10 confirmed cases of a few hundred at least.

Convenient irresponsibility

Posts: 147 | From youngstown | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JBS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 37360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JBS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, they called my son. My niece and I have not been contacted yet. Maybe our doctor just figured we all have it and have probably had it for awhile, so why report it.
Posts: 132 | From Texas | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why are they calling patients? What is the point? If labs are required to report and doctors are required to report, and their strict surveillance criteria already rule out many cases for reporting, why call?

Unless it is to snoop and get information that could be used against the doctor. Which could be why more doctors don't report cases. So this system serves two purposes, discourage reporting so it doesn't look like as many people are getting sick, and use the information to punish doctors.

Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could be true, poppy .. and probably IS!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JBS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 37360

Makes sense. My doctor probably doesn't want to report three cases in little over a month.
JBS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 37360

Well, the CDC called me this afternoon. They said they didn't think I could pass it to my son through pregnancy. But they do think I have had it a long time. They think it must have been in Cape Cod when I went for my honeymoon, or when I was pregnant the following year.

I told them I had tick bites when I was young in Texas, but she said there is not much Lyme in Texas.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Shows how STUPID they are!!! Of course they don't think it can be passed thru the placenta.

[shake]

www.ticktexas.org

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

outerspace1226
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34274

Icon 1 posted      Profile for outerspace1226     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see lyme popping up in Texas on these forums and other ones a lot.
Posts: 147 | From youngstown | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JBS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 37360

Lymetoo - It actually makes no sense that it would not be passed on through the placenta. Not only viral, but bacterial infections can be passed through the placenta. Why would Lyme be different? If it is true that syphilis is in some ways similar to Lyme, then it seems a no brainer.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

They are both caused by spirochetes.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement