LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » !#@*! Bart does not go away!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: !#@*! Bart does not go away!!
lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently replaced Bactrim w/ Cipro in my abx cocktail. Whoa mama I have been feeling pretty bad. Last time I took Cipro, i seemed to just feel much better after a month or two. But this time around I am getting slammed pretty hard. Could have to do with taking it alongside Tindamax, Japanese Knotweed and Interfase Plus for Biofilms. It's crazy how good I was feeling to being pretty ill over the course of two days!

Body still feels pretty strong and healthy, so I anticipate better days in the weeks/ months to come. Has anyone out there had a similar situation with Bart and this kind of treatment?

Doc replaced DS w/ Cipro because she didn't feel it was hitting the Bart hard enough. I had "plateaud. I would tend to agree.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickbitt
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickbitt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It depends some on the dose. I was on biaxin and cipro and doing fairly well but definitely plateaued.

New LLMD doubled the dose to 500 mg 2xday for cipro, and twice that for biaxin. OMG, the die-off was horrible for 2+ weeks. Once I got through it I felt better than I have for a whole year.

Posts: 146 | From Maine | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

My Biaxin dose is the same as it was, and the Cipro is 500 twice / day. I think the herx is hard enough right now, I will not ask for more Biaxin.
tickbitt
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickbitt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't suggesting you match my dose:)

I attributed the die-off to the cipro, but I suppose the biaxin could have been involved too. You're on that dose of cipro, it could easily cause a horrible bart herx.

Hang in there. Mine was horrible for two weeks, then let up some. By three weeks it was over.

Posts: 146 | From Maine | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

That is encouraging, Thank you. I am mostly concerned about getting rid of Bart for good. It seems to come raging back in a hurry and it's back to stage one treating it.... Bart is one tough bugger.
jackie51
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm on Biaxin and Mino for remaining lyme and bartonella. I was on Bactrim but body didn't like it. Doctor had me swear I would remember to take A-bart. I'm up to 25 drops twice a day, herxing mildly. Frontal headaches, anxiety and sleepiness.

If you haven't tried Byron white Formulas, ask your LLMD about them.

Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

I did use them about a year ago, alongside pulses of Rifampin. Rifampin should not be pulsed, and it totally stressed my whole system out. I cannot say whether the herbs worked, because I was able to ramp up to 30 drops in a few weeks, and really felt not much different. The lousy feelings I had I attributed to pulsing Rifampin, my doc at the time really sucked.

Herbs have never had much of an effect on me, herx - wise. I do supplement with herbs, and I take Japanese Knotweed, which again I don't feel a huge difference with it. But Knotweed is something that EVERYONE is saying is among the best herbs there is, including my doc.

2 herbs that have provoked harder herxes for me are Andrographis and Artemisinin. Art is nasty and I hate it, but it seems to be working. (8 months now!) The tinctures seem to do nothing for me. But just because I don't herx doesn't mean they aren't working!

I may try to incorporate BW formulas back into my TX again at some point. I'll bring it up next appt.

jackie51
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're herxing from art, you might have babs and/or some other parasite.

If you've started treating babs, you won't be able to knock down bart completely until the babs is history. At least that's what I believe.

Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattH
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MattH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So if pulsing rifampin what is behind the change to pulsing it instead of constant use?

Dr R in Seattle said that many of the LLMD's have moved to that protocol but he has not seen a reason to do it yet.

My LLMD has me pulsing it. I feel worse during the 3 day pulse, but I was expecting to feel worse as the rif gets rid of the Bart. Also on Biaxin and mino.

All the Best, MattH

Posts: 607 | From Houston Texas | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tricia386     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your not suppose to pulse Rif. MY LLMD said it was important to not miss a day.

--------------------
Lyme activated in April 2010 by gardasil vaccine.
DX: Lyme,Babs,Myco,Bart 11/10
Treatment Started: 3/28/11

Posts: 1752 | From Albany, NY | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rainbowriver
Member # 24772

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rainbowriver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
talking about missing a day of rifampin. I feel bad right away if I am late taking rifampin a couple of hours late.

having a raging bart infection now.

trying to figure out what is the best drug to go with rifampin. Any suggestions? doxy/mino makes my bart more virulent.

Posts: 99 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are these docs saying anything about using Biaxin with Cipro?

Drugs.com says QT intervals can be prolonged and it's something to watch for?

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RC1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RC1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymeboy - how quickly did you start to herx on the Bactrim? I just started Septra and am wondering when it will hit. I hear you about the Bart, it is really hard to get rid of.
R

Posts: 845 | From Northeast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

well The herx from the Bactrim was pretty soft. Slowly, my feet and fingers began bothering me. It was probably about 2 weeks.

With Cipro, my temper is totally unpredictable, and I am itching like crazy. anxiety / depression/ hopelessness out of control at times. I also feel like there is always grit on my face. Particularly under my eyes, but all over my face.

nnecker
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 37960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nnecker   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW,this conversation is unbelievable.I pray to God I don't have to go through this.I feel so sorry for you all and hope you get better.

--------------------
nn

Posts: 103 | From Northen Neck Va | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bearlythere
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31973

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bearlythere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had horrible herxes using the Interfase Plus for biofilms.
Posts: 131 | From Maryland/USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement