LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » I know this is gorse but anyone had bad smelling urine?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I know this is gorse but anyone had bad smelling urine?
Maya12
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 36392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maya12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So my urine started smelling really bad a few days ago when I started on flagyl again.

Before that my urine would smell only very infrequently.

I have had many uranalysis tests done over the last 2 yrs and have always been fine

Can flagyl cause urine to smell or what would cause this?

Posts: 1632 | From Canada | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Member # 110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Certain meds can make urine smell. Do you drink plenty of fluids? Dehydration is another possible cause.
Posts: 4681 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pretty gorse !

sorry, couldn't resist!

more info:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=108350;p=0

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/103660?#000002

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
amoxy made my urine smell very ummm, mediciney...metalllic kind of

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maya12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys , so I have read through those other threads about this and it sounds like the smell could be from Lyme die off, ie the abx and flagyl

Or it could be from parasite die off from the huma worm or could even be from all the vitamins and supps I am taking cleaning my kidneys out

Or I guess it could be bad too

How does one know and if kidney function tests are fine then is there anything to worry about?

I have also been taking lots of chlorella could that do it by flushing the toxins out?

I will have to increase my water intake and will mention this to my llnd tomorrow to be safe.

Is this at all cause for concern?

Also have been eating lots of protein lately

Posts: 1632 | From Canada | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, gorse is a kind of shrubbery - are you peeing in the bushes?

Sorry - hope we can kid you here!

Yes, all kinds of things can happen to us anywhere in the bod...we're a 24/7 medical adventure...can you ask your doctor about it too?

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
only way to tell is to have a blood test to check kidney function.

or, like my sister, you actually pee red blood. not good...

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Lol robin thAt is funny I just noticed that , a gorse is also a type of bird I think

So I am peeing birds why is way worse than shrubs lol.

I will ask my llnd about this tomorrow.

Also if liver tests are at the high limit of normal but still in normal range is that ok?

My liver fnxn is still in normal range , just slightly higher than it was a year ago

How high do some people's liver enzymes go mine are at 33 and top range is 36, can some people's go much higher than that and still be ok?

Just worried about killing my organs with all these meds , even though I know they are totally necessary

Summer3
Member # 35286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Summer3   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My ALT/AST got high (over 100/abnormal) bilirubin was about 2.8 (high). My meds were stopped but I think they can go a lot higher when people have hepatitis or other liver issues. I wouldn't worry to much as long as they are in normal range.

I tried all kinds of detoxing and liver support, but they kept going up even off meds so my LLMD decided to put me on doxy and they went way down very quickly and have stayed that way so far. So now we are thinking it must have been caused by one of the infections (likely Erlichia).

--------------------
http://www.lymepie.blogspot.com

Posts: 1129 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo and Robin - scaring the newbies....

[Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dogsandcats:
Lymetoo and Robin - scaring the newbies....

[Eek!] [Eek!]

-
Just teasing!!! [lol]

People keep posting words here that I have to get a dictionary for!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

So is it really cause for concern if the urine smells like ammonia for a few days?
randibear
Member # 11290

maya i have severe ibs and i can tell that i troll in that toliet alot, and i mean ALOT...

i've had more grappy symptoms than you can shake a stick at.

odors, colors, textures, liquid, solid, you name it. i've had it all.

you're going to worry yourself sick hon. if you take any medicine it's going to effect your urine and even your feces color, believe me. it's normal.

--------------------

RC1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RC1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't it grouse that's the bird? No peeing in the bushes you might get Lyme disease. [Razz]
Posts: 845 | From Northeast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Hey randi thanks for the help and even on the flagyl my urine hasn't turned color just smells

But I guess it is normal , I am also taking high doses of b vits which I think can make urine smell.

Hey randi what do you mean by troLling in the toilet do you mean looking in it?

And rc1 lol ya right I don't go near the bushes any more

randibear
Member # 11290

yes, trolling. looking around.

i'm a real toliet diva i tell ya!!!

--------------------

Maya12
Member # 36392

Lol I am too randi I even use a flashlight lol, shouldn't admit that but ESP when doing parasite clenses
Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a very strange, yet informative, post.

I have learned the misspelling of gross is gorse - a bird

How one trolls a toilet..

I looked up "grappy" and ended up with the Urban Dictionary...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=grappy&defid=4735702

I don't think Randi was referring to her grannie panties or her relatives....

I don't want to be loquacious and guttle the whole post.

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by RC1:
Isn't it grouse that's the bird?

-
Yes, you are right!! I was wondering why I had never heard of a gorse!! [Razz]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

DogsNCats ... you are WAY out of line with that big vocabulary of yours!!

[tsk]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

randibear
Member # 11290

Listen this ole gal used to be articulate and could converse and carry on an extended discourse with the most verbose querulous virago on any subject.

However I am now retired and no longer have the mental capability to present lucid arguments on whether or not there are such creatures of superior intellect on this board.

Nuff said......lol....oh I kill me......

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

[lol]

It was hard for me to keep up my vocabulary while teaching grade school!!!

Reader's Digest helped! (you know, the vocabulary stuff in the back?)

Notice how I used the big word "stuff?"

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Maya... have we entertained you enough? [Wink]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

randibear
Member # 11290

Good heavens....just reread my post. No wonder...I meant crappy not grappy...

Well you always tell when I'm on my cell can't cha???

--------------------

Elaine G
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elaine G     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maya12, do you take Alpha Lipoic Acid? That produces a distinct odor.
Posts: 671 | From Fort Myers, Florida | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by randibear:
Good heavens....just reread my post. No wonder...I meant crappy not grappy...

Well you always tell when I'm on my cell can't cha???

-
That was another new one for me! [Razz]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

I was called loquacious by a high school teacher - uh huh

the others I played with synonyms on the computer..I will never be as smart as TuTu the teacher !!

--------------------

Billy Graham

tickle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36441

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've started having a weird smell lately, off and on.
To me it smells like burnt plastic or something.

I am taking AlphLipoicAcid. Maybe that's what's causing it. Man, I've never paid so much attention to what's in the toilet bowl before in my life! Are we having fun yet?

Posts: 161 | From vancouver island | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo, I hope you didn't work too hard on "grappy."

I actually found this thread rather amusing - hope everyone can laugh a little. Of gorse, if you need to keep it serious, go ahead, but if you do, the funny ones here will grouse about it a little...

Yes, Maya, do ask your LLND if you are peeing birds or shrubs.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Lol you guys gave me a good laugh , so I am peeing on a bird in a bush but reminds me of a latin saying that always made me laugh " never pee into the wind"

I do actually know how to spell but for anyone with an iPhone you will understand it does the darn auto correct and I never seem to catch it till I have already posted lol

Also yes I am taking alpha lipoic acid as well so I wonder if that is what is doing it

nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the chuckle...Hope everything goes better in the toilet today [spinning smile]
Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

[lol]

That was fun!!

Hey, Maya... we have an edit function for those crazy phones!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

randibear
Member # 11290

edit function?? not on mine, what goes in IS definitely not what goes out....

i dont know, could be a toliet joke right??

besides i reign supreme -- my toliet is the new high volume flush and power lid....

actually it's a little high and my feet dangle..wish i'd tried that sucker on in the store.

--------------------

Robin123
Member # 9197

Hm - how'd you like to have that job, modeling toilet heights in a store? "This is our top-of-the-line elevated throne model, and over here, your feet will have a chance to touch the ground..."

This thread reminds me of a court case story I heard about - someone threw their suspect drugs down the toilet when the police came, so the police took many pictures of the bowl's contents.

So at trial, the pictures were entered as evidence, and the judge had to look at picture after picture of toilet bowl water, and she started laughing.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by randibear:
edit function?? not on mine, what goes in IS definitely not what goes out....

- ON LYMENET
How to edit.... Click on the pencil/pad icon next to the date. Change what you want.

Click on "edit post"

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

tickle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36441

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're on an iPhone, you can touch the little 'x' on the corrected word to stop it from correcting. Or you can backspace and insist on the spelling you want.

If you aren't wearing your reading glasses, then never mind what I just said. [Big Grin]

Posts: 161 | From vancouver island | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Possibly ammonia

Consider l-ornithine

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Hey robin I was at a bath store with my husband one day and they sell a lot of high end stuff and they actually had a toilet that was medivel looking and huge and really fancy. The back on it went up about 4 feet and it was actually, as it's model name, called the royal throne, lol. It was like 2000 dollars.

It was truly a royal throne

And tickle , another fellow Canadian , thanks for the tip on the iPhone , I just got it like a month ago and am still getting used to it. Sometes I do correct the auto correct but sometimes I miss it.

And I also spoke to my llnd about this today and he said it was likely from the flagyl as it started when I most recently started it.

It is gone today though. He also checked my most recent bloods and said everything was fine with my kidneys and liver, so all seems fine right now.

Also had an Iv gleutithione today and boy was I tired and out of it after, had a 2 hour nap when I got home.

Also thanks for the tip canefan , if it happens again I will ask my llnd about that supp.

How do most feel after a gleutithione Iv?

elainer97
Member # 33917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elainer97     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank u Tickle! Lately my urine has been smelling what I thought of as "scorched". At first burnt rubber came to mind but not exactly - just bad and yuck!

I started taking ALA recently too so I bet that is it.

Posts: 77 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement