LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » How do you test for parasites?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How do you test for parasites?
doglover
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doglover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you have to do to get tested for parasites?

--------------------
diagnosed with MS, 1988-Diagnosed with Lyme Disease 2009. Also babesia and bartonella.
Currently not on antibiotics. Taking Metalloclear for high lead and mercury since October 2012. Rifing since June 2012

Posts: 148 | From usa NH | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD had me do a stool test. It came out negative, yet I had parasites.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doglover
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doglover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was tested a year or so ago and didn't have them. You mean I could stil have them?

How did you know you ad them?

--------------------
diagnosed with MS, 1988-Diagnosed with Lyme Disease 2009. Also babesia and bartonella.
Currently not on antibiotics. Taking Metalloclear for high lead and mercury since October 2012. Rifing since June 2012

Posts: 148 | From usa NH | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My tests always came up negative for parasites and I was loaded. The only way I knew I had them was by taking antiparasitic herbs like Parastroy, Humaworm, Hanna Kroeger Wormwood and salt/c.

That's the best way to determine if you have them, and most of the population of the world does. Doing research on parasites is most helpful to determine the course of action.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickmate
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickmate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It came out negative, yet I had parasites. [/QB]
What makes you sure? You saw them?
Posts: 214 | From Home | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I saw them! A tapeworm that I estimate to be over 10 feet (kind of hard to miss seeing that one!). I gained ten, much needed pounds after passing that one, and ate half as much.

I also passed over 30 roundworms that were 10-15 inches long.

These worms were intact, though digested somewhat, so it was clear what they were. The tapeworm was broken (thank goodness), but the pieces were 6-8 inces long, so it was clear what it was, too.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is what I saw after 6 mos of antiparasitic herbs and salt/c. www.lymephotos.com Filarial worms are often a much overlooked co-infection of Lyme Disease even by LLMDs.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doglover
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19374

Will rifing get rid of parasites?

--------------------

LAXlover
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25518

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LAXlover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter's stool tests always came back negative UNTIL....

we used the test from Institute of Parasitic Diseases in AZ 1-602-955-4211.

It showed "Chardon Leyden Crystals" (sp?)in her stool which are the by-products of parasites!!!

It did NOT show any parasites, however. They usually do not show up in the stool because they are happy in the gut and usually only "come out" when you force them...

Currently doing Flagyl but I am thinking about having here try the labs' product by Dr. Amin.

-LAXlover

--------------------
LAXlover

Posts: 371 | From Northern Baltimore Area | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mojo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I assumed I was infected and treated. Sure enough.

You have to keep treating for quite a while. At one point I was really 'clean' but my husband wouldn't treat regularly enough and I know he was reinfecting me. And sure enough the lesions on his legs were biopsied and they found parasite ova - not what they were looking for!

Right now I rife regularly for all parasites and try to do a cleanse every few months. With my hectic last year I'm mostly rifing (but I did do a two week Mt. Capra - meant to do another two weekds but moved and lost track of it)

Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susank
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there a lab that tests for parasites - cannot remember the name - something like metramedix?

Are doctors required to sign for tests from any of these labs?

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
IGM 18,28,41,66 IND: 23-25,34,39
IGG 41,58 IND: 39
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lauralyme
Member # 15021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauralyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by doglover:
[QB] Will rifing get rid of parasites?

My LLMD didn't recommend rifing for parasites as the herxes would be too severe

Apparently parasites put up a good fight

--------------------
Fall down seven times, get up eight
~Japanese proverb

Posts: 1146 | From west coast | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement