LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Dox rash and yeast

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dox rash and yeast
Bugsy
Member # 37572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bugsy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All,

I was on Dox for almost 3 weeks and nya for yeast for about two weeks. I had to stop both to 3 days to give a sample to be sent off and ended up with a rash from hell over my whole body. It's more like raised rough skin that itches alittle. I just left it alone for a week but ended up at the doc. I was on a mini vaca but made sure I had my sunscreen on and stayed in the shade. I for sure have a yeast infection on my back side, but was wondering if a yeast overgrowth can cause a body rash or maybe it was a reaction from the sun and the dox. It's hard to completely stay out of it but I covered up as best I could. My lymph nodes were swollen also.
Has anyone had this happen?
Thanks for any advise.

--------------------
Bugsy

Posts: 36 | From South Carolina | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're in HI, I don't think you'll be able to get away with taking doxy.

Does it look like this rash?

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=117927;p=0

Get on some heavy duty probiotics, like Custom Probiotics.

Candida Diet and Elimination:
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/021412.html

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a doxy burn. It is not like sunburn. Sunscreen will not stop it. It is a chemical burn from sunlight and the doxy in your body as I understand it.

A recent poster put up pictures of her doxy rash. They are here:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/117927?

Many, many people have had this happen to them. I had it happen to me when I was treating lyme. It got me on my hands. It was like my hands were on fire. And, afterwards, I could not stand to put my hands in hot or cold water.

For at least 2 weeks, I could not stand even one second of sun on me. I had to stop eating breakfast under our skylight also.

Once you get this rash, it takes a good while for it to go away.

This can happen even if you have been off the doxy for a week.

What did the doctor think the rash was?

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bugsy.. Did you see the replies?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bugsy
Member # 37572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bugsy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes thank you.

--------------------
Bugsy

Posts: 36 | From South Carolina | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bugsy
Member # 37572

Lymetoo,
The pix are a match.
TF gave me some good advise as to treating the rash, but if anyone wants to add a thought I'm listening.

Lymetoo, I'm sorry your in pain, hope it get better as time goes on.

As for the diet, I have been doing about 80% of what is on it. I can't eat wheat bc I'm allergic to it. The only thing I'm not doing is the pro-b as often as was mention, but I am taking them daily. Every couple of days I do put strawberrys in my smoothy that I make with almond mike unsweeten and plain yogart. I just started my olive leaf ex yesterday bc I forgot I had some. Per my Doc I stopped my anti-fung today to see if that is causing these other rashes. I feel like I'm fighting 3-4 different ones at the same time. I have little red dots under my armpit, a lupus type rash on my face that also looks like hives which is on the sides of my face and forehead. I have rough skin on my stomach but not red.
My regular MD thinks I'm fighting a virus also.
This sucks. Any advise would be welcome. The lyme doc that I'm working with is in FL and I'm in HI. The doc here in HI think I'm crazy.
Thanks
Bugsy

--------------------
Bugsy

Bugsy
Member # 37572

Well I'm back from doc, and neg on the lupus...yay. Have been tested 3 times and all came back neg.
Hopefully next week I will have better answers from my Lyme doc.
I did find out that my adrenal gland is not working, however the med that was working had to put on the back burner due to the yeast infec I'm fighting. Other then DHEA, B-comp and C 2000 mg per day, does anyone know of other natural things that can work.
Thanks
Bugsy

--------------------
Bugsy

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I hope others will come by to help you!!!! (hint, hint)

Do you mean natural things for Lyme or yeast?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Bugsy
Member # 37572

Tutu,

Neither, mostly the rash from the dox. Anything natural would help. I'm following the limited diet to get rid of yeast and taking natural things for it.
Bugsy

--------------------
Bugsy

Bugsy
Member # 37572

I'm such a ding bat at times, the other things I was looking for was a natural way to treat my adrenal gland with is not functioning well.
I'm already taking the step that I listed above. Was wondering if there was anything else. I like to get as much info as possible and then make my desions from there.
Bugsy

--------------------
Bugsy

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement