LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Delay in focusing from near to far?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Delay in focusing from near to far?
tickled1
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my first symptoms I noticed was difficulty adjusting focus when I went from looking at something close up to something far away.

Has anyone else had this and if so have you ever gotten an explanation as to why it happened/happens or what causes it? Thanks

Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jamers
Member # 28016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jamers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto! Terrible feeling when things move in and out when trying to look at them. No one understood this symptom when I explained it. I think it has to do with Babesia though, just a guess but I was really dizzy when I had this. My inner ear was messed up and I had issued with balance and vision.

--------------------
Diagnosed Pos. Lyme Nov. 17, 2010, Igx.
Pos. Babesia Duncani March 2011, Igx.
Clinical diagnosis for Bartonella

Posts: 1127 | From North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first lyme doc warned me about this. He said that lyme patients need to be very careful when driving because of it (difficult to determine distance sometimes).

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jamers, what you're describing is different from what I mean although I've had what you're describing as well.

Catgirl, did your LLMD offer any insight as to what causes this? Yes, it is especially troublesome when driving.

Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I have this too. Shrugged it off to me being nearsighted (need glasses to see anything clearly that is far away from me)...but now you've got me wondering...

I do know that loss of eye lens flexibility is responsible for near/farsightedness...and it would make sense to me if this could also cause a delayed response when switching from near to far (or visa-versa) viewing.

Vitamin C in high doses is supposed to help prevent loss of flexibility of the lens of the eyes, but I don't know if Vitamin C can restore flexibility once it is lost...

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
In addition to a variety of colorful antioxidants and Fish Oil, MAGNESIUM is at the top of the help list.

If the hesitation of the eyes has anything to do with NYSTAGMUS (term is defined in the hearing thread below or see Wiki), Magnesium can make all the difference.

Inner Ear - and Liver Stress can each (and together) pay a part in how our eyes work, too. Take a look at how the inner & middle ear systems affect so many of our skills & actions:

http://www.vestibular.org/understanding-vestibular-disorder/symptoms

Vestibular Symptoms

---------------------------------

How it is that liver stress can affect eyes, especially causing NYSTAGMUS.

What helps:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=065801

Topic: TINNITUS: Ringing Between The Ears; Vestibular, Balance, Hearing with compiled links - including HYPERACUSIS & SCD - Superior canal dehiscence
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

Thank you! I will check out those links.

Razzle, did yours come on all of a sudden? Mine did. I remember distinctly the very first time it happened.

I was at work. I was a hairstylist at the time and I was doing a haircut and I looked up to look who walked in the door of the salon and couldn't focus.

Then came ear problems/hearing loss in my rt. ear. Same side as my eye that is bigger/pupil larger.

vitamink
Member # 36646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vitamink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi tickled, this was one of my first symptoms too. i don't have it all of the time anymore, usually only when i get brain fog.

according to a recent brain spect scan, my brain fog is related to global hypoperfusion, so perhaps that contributes to the difficulty focusing/ blurred vision as well.

Posts: 34 | From NYC | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, mine was gradual. But I wouldn't put it past Lyme/co's to cause sudden vision issues...

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

Finally checked out the first link Keebler. I had no idea that vestibular problems could cause vision problems. Things add up a little more for me now.

Wish there was an easy fix but as with everything else with our illness there is not. Thanks so much for the info!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement