LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » How much did metal chelation help you?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How much did metal chelation help you?
Maya12
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 36392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maya12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What symptoms did you have prior to chelation and did they get better?

I am talking most specifically about anxiety and depression, did chelation help anyone with these symptoms?

Posts: 1632 | From Canada | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maya12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone
Posts: 1632 | From Canada | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It saved my life and is still saving my life on every level. I would not be alive today if I had ignored toxic metals and root canals.

EMF and radiation exposure multiplies the symptoms of metal toxicity many times.

Do not underestimate toxic metals.

The symptom list I posted a couple of days ago is very real and everyone needs to take a look at it.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Hi Gigi thanks for the response, what symptoms were being caused by the heavy metals and what metals were your problems?

Apparently mine are lead and barium, apparently murcery is not an issue but I really question this, I am about to start detoxamin EDTA , what can I expect from this?

Maya12
Member # 36392

Anyone else with any replys?
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It made me worse. The only time I was able to chelate was when I was on combo abxs.

My opinion is that stirring up metals inevitably supresses the immune system more and allows bugs to become more active and aggressive.

Abxs are strong enough to keep them at bay - natural approaches were not for me.

My Bartonella worsened with chelation.

The bear in the living room is the infection. You wouldn't tidy up the place first... you'd kill or run from the bear lol

The metals will always wait for you.
(I know plenty of people who got better without attending to metals - not to say it isn't an issue for some)

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Yes but taking the abx is only making me continuiously worse, all I have done since starting treatment is I have gotten continuiously way worse and I am getting to the end of my rope and don't know what to do anymore
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DO you have an LLMD that understands combinations and symptoms?
Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickofsick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29258

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickofsick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our doctor suggested that IV chelation would be dangerous for my daughter, because of her young age. I had questioned about it because tests another doctor had run showed high levels of tin, platinum, and arsenic. I feel it is a problem, but our doctor doesn't focus on it. She has prescribed Biopure silica which I think helps with metals.
Posts: 312 | From Utah | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhitneyS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhitneyS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did IV chelation and it made me worse i think-- i had a horrible time, and am usually very tolerant.

I retested after a few months of IV chelation and my levels were almost exactly the same...so it wasn't improving the situation, which I still think is weird.

I think you have to do things in the right order to make sure your body is ready to let go of the metals. I would get with a good muscle tester and have them look into it and see what you test well for.

Posts: 844 | From CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Yes my llmd does understand this and I have talked to them about this but they have not changed my protocol
GiGi
Member # 259

The word chelation is a misnomer. There is really not a single substance that will pull a metal all the way out. It at least takes 2 or 3 others. We have mobilizers, i.e. what most people call chelators.

Anyone where the body is not able to regulate the metals, i.e. is allergic to them, cannot do successful metal reduction. KPU has to be corrected.

We do not have any lab test whatsoever that tells for certain what is in the body and how much is remaining. If the body cannot release them, they will stay and continue their relentless damage.

I have never done IV chelation, because I find it not effective. The most effective we have found over the years is DMPS/Procaine with Neural Therapy which has to be followed with a lot of binders, colonics, lymphatic drainage, etc.

The metals are at the base of Lyme. Lyme found a perfect mal-oxygenated hiding place in our body. But we were toxic to start with. Millions of people get bit by insects and do not get ill like we did.

Unless you address parasites with a good program, preferably pharmaceuticals with some other support at the same time, metals are tied up by the parasites while the parasites eat you out of house and home. Our body cannot flourish with parasites. Some of them are good and needed, but many of them are not.

You are fooling yourself if you think you can avoid detoxing heavy metals. The disturb the major glands plugging up production and no man-made hormone will ever make up for this.

Usually where there is lead, there is all the rest in excess. My metal test kit contains over 20 different toxic metals. The toxic metals do not show up all at once. If you work with lead. more of the others will show up, including the most toxic.

If you eat one half chicken - non-organic - you are toxic with arsenic. I have eaten a lot of chicken in my days and I certainly can find arsenic testing frequently, at times dayly, once another reservoir has been emptied. It shows up loud and clear after just a 6 hour urin test with Doctor's Data, as well as in my hairtest. In both cases, that means the toxins are coming out!

It takes a doctor who understands the problems and can guide you. ART or other good energetic testing is a must. I don't think it can be done without it. Luckily many more are being trained in ART and are being certified. I have never done IV chelation, because it is not successful for me. I prefer and my doctor prefers DMPS and Procaine that works like a charm and almost without any side effects --- as long --- as long as you supply effective binders. Without binders, you may as well not bother "chelating" anything.

And unless you have addressed parasites, why put the horse behind the cart. That's where your metals are buried inside the live parasite.

Find someone to muscle test, good muscle testing; learn some testing with tensor or pendulum and a few test vials that tells you instantly whether lead or mercury or cadmium or others are a problem.

I do all of that because I don't like the thought of becoming demented or hanging out somewhere with Alzheimers.

Some of your statements, Canefan, I am not going to address because they are incorrect.

Toxic terrain and multiple infections go hand in hand. Things are getting much much worse with the EMF resonating with the toxic metals in the body. More and more antennae and microwave towers hidden in churches! Cleanup is the only solution. And it can be done -- with an open mind. Again, energetic testing is necessary to do it. I wouldn't know where to start without it.

There is lots to learn.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/118688?
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People I've met or chatted with have told me that their experiences with IV chelation weren't good. I just met someone two weeks ago who told me that she had been doing IV chelation for 3 months and her metals never came down, and the IV chelation actually made things worse.

This parasite thing is a HUGE issue that for some reason or other is being over looked.

Your body knows what it needs. When you address what it needs, then you start to feel better again.

I also think that the body has to be balanced with whatever it's lacking in before it will let go of metals (minerals, vitamins, enzymes, amino acids, etc).

I think it was Nefferdun who recomended people stop guessing what they need and do an ion panel, and a methyl cycle panel. I haven't done either yet, but my doc checked me for MTHFR (do a search on this) and I do have it. He just checked it through Quest.

I am currently on DMSA. I felt better the first day I started taking it. I can tell it's letting go of metals (waste matter). My brain is working better. I am calmer, more relaxed now, thank god.

Maya, it may be too soon for you to start this. I've heard from other people who were new at treating lyme (less than a year) that hitting heavy metals early resulted in failing to remove them (no change in metal levels after treatment) and it made the patients feel worse.

I don't know what the answer here is, but my guess is to focus on parasites, lyme and co infections for a while. Once you at least start feeling better, even if it's short term until a meds change, then maybe consider trying it again.

But for now, I would hold off until you feel you've made some improvement with either lyme, parasites or a co infection.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

The thing is I also have kpu and in order to treat that my llmd wants to start me slowly on kpu treatment but at the same time do some chelating, so I don't know if this changes things .

She feels I need to chelate a bit to lower the metals the start phasing in kpu treatment , she is following klingharts metal and kpu protocols

Maya12
Member # 36392

If you have kpu , does this change the fact that you need to chelate metals a bit so that I can start on kpu treatment?
Maya12
Member # 36392

And I am not doing Iv chelation , I will be doing detoxamin
Maya12
Member # 36392

Ugh I don't know what to think about the chelation but do know she wants me to do it while doing the kpu, what the heck do I do , do I try it and see what happens and go from there?
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry Maya, I don't know much about KPU. I just googled it though and KPU makes sense to me.

I would listen to your doc (I'm not a doc). She knows more than I do.

Hopefully someone who knows Dr. Klinghardt's protocol will pipe in here.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Thanks cat girl , I am glad the dmps is helping you , just worried that chelating will make things worse, anyone else know what I should be doing with the metals and kpu?
Maya12
Member # 36392

Thanks cat girl , I am glad the dmps is helping you , just worried that chelating will make things worse, anyone else know what I should be doing with the metals and kpu?
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Yes, I would try it (assuming your doc is an ILADS one). Listen to your doc. Remember, if she didn't help people get better, no one would see her.

There are just so many variables to lyme. Each patient is different. She knows you, your case, and what you need to focus on.

It's easy for any of us to second guess things our doctors say, but give her a chance.

Glad to hear you're not doing IV chelation. :)

Hang in there!

--------------------

Maya12
Member # 36392

Oh yes she is ilads and treated herself under dr h , think she has been a speaker at confrences too
Maya12
Member # 36392

Oh. Gosh I am scared of the Iv chelation , I have heard detoxamin is much gentler hopefully, thanks cat girl for the support
Catgirl
Member # 31149

KPU makes sense. I've seen this before (forgot--lyme brain). I think this is the link where I got the idea to add biotin (must have been lacking in it). I also saw on Dr. Oz that biotin helps nails. I don't know what in the heck arachidonic acid is though.

As soon as I did this (and added some other things I forgot to take), I started releasing metals. At least I think that's what's going on. I started getting major yeast too. I can't wait to see my doc again and ask him.

http://planetthrive.com/2010/04/hpukpu-protocol-for-lyme-and-autism/

--------------------

Maya12
Member # 36392

Hey cat girl arachnoid acid can be like evening primrose oil I think, have you ever had kpu tested ? It is a deficiency of zinc, b6 , biotin and a few other things treating kpu helps to release metals that won't otherwise let go
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Thanks Maya. No, I've never been tested for it. There are obviously two major schools of thought regarding lyme treatment. You're seeing someone who does Dr. K's protocol, and I'm seeing the other guy. I wish we had more docs that actually offered both forms of treatment.

Thanks, I will get some evening primrose oil. [Smile]

--------------------

GiGi
Member # 259

Treating parasites and detoxing heavy metals saved my life. This is even more important with the horrendous increase of EMF/Radiation over the last few years

Even people who have no "methylation" problem cannot afford to live with toxic metals.

www.detoxmetals.com is a very easy program to take down the metal toxic load. Read all links on that site.

Take care.

momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maya12 - how did it go with the HPU treatment and chelation? My son and I did this for a few months back in Jan. 2011- April 2011. I have info on our protocol.

Just wondering if you did the treatment or not... your posts are from July and it's November.

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
derk diggler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for derk diggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gigi, soooo you do agree with gael that treating parasites is where to start before detoxing, cuz i swear ive heard you guys argue this back and fourth

--------------------
+++++++
do i have lyme, please comment, derealisation,anxiety,floaters,hypertension,tinnitus,dizziness,minor aches,igenix results,igm,**83-93ind,igg**41++ what do u think,please comment

Posts: 195 | From california | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitmore
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitmore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi:
I have a mercury problem, but in one of the powerpoints that you linked to, Dr. K said there was no substance that chelates Hg out of the brain.

Would you be so kind as to share what your current /past protocols have been for removing mercury? And if you are familiar with Andrew Cutler's protocol of alpha lipoic acid/DMSA every 3 hours, 3 days on, 3 days off, would you please comment?

Thanks for all the great information you continue to post on this site!

Sue

Posts: 226 | From Princeton | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement