LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Am I a wimp?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Am I a wimp?
Caren NV
Member # 37791

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caren NV   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been on Mino, Zith., Cipro, and Malarone 3 pills bid.

Have been taking Phenergan for nausea, I don't think it works. I've been on most of the meds since 6-6. Yesterday when taking the Phenergan made me nauseated, my stomach was telling me. "Enough! You need a break!" So I didn't take the Mino. or Malarone, I think they're the worst offenders.

I haven't heard back from my Dr., probably won't. I know some ppl pulse on and off. Will taking a break for a day or 2 cause a major setback?

** edited to remove dosages **

[ 07-14-2012, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: sixgoofykids ]

--------------------
Probably got Lyme in '96, just dxd w/Western Blot 6-6-12
JacktheDog and Prayers for Pets on Facebook

Posts: 46 | From NV | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31621

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just want to say that you are not a WIMP! This treatment is so tough it could break anyone.

I am not sure if Malarone is similar to Mepron but I know people have said that with Mepron they take a 2 day break and are able to start again.

Why do you think you won't hear back from your doctor?

Are you drinking water/detoxing?

You are not a wimp. You are strong to be able to live with this and tolerate the treatments. Hang in there and push through.

--------------------
Tick bite in 2006, bullseye rash, treated with 2 rounds of 2 weeks of doxy. (once in 2006, once in 2009)
Dx with chronic Lyme May 2011.
LLMD April 2012, Treating with omnicef/zith
Lots of supplements!

Posts: 640 | From Connecticut | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Minocycline, even alone, is known to cause severe nausea, partly because it affects the inner & middle ear. (Vertigo is also common with mino)

GINGER CAPSULES, vitamin B-6 can help.

DGL, Slippery Elm Bark, Marshmallow Root are some of the herbals that help soothe the inside of the tummy.

LIVER SUPPORT, too, is essential to help both the ear/balance system (vestibular system) and the stomach feel better.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caren NV
Member # 37791

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caren NV   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, thanks guys. Does anyone know why my post was "edited" to remove the dosages? Does that make sense? I've been reading through lots of threads through that past 5-6 yrs. of the group and there are all kinds of dosages mentioned. What's that all about?

Tried the Ginger caps- did nothing but make me burp ginger flavored! Went the the Pharm. today to pick up scripts I'd called in to find that my doc had left a script for Zofran. They didn't tell me they'd answered my request for it.

What a miracle drug! It took the nausea completely away w/in an hr., I had to watch myself at dinner so I didn't eat TOO MUCH! I'm a bit concerned now though, I love having the energy and ability to do a few things other than sitting and staring into space:^}

I dunno if I'll be able to sleep tonight though, I'm higher than a kite! Should be an interesting night... I may take Phenergan instead at night. For now though, I haven't felt this good in... yrs!!! Thank you God!!!

--------------------

Posts: 46 | From NV | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only dosages we allow are those for initial Lyme treatment... as in "200mg doxy twice a day"...

We do that to protect our LLMD's. It's very easy to figure out who someone is seeing and if the protocol is "spelled out"... then the IDSA can use that as ammunition.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Caren NV:
OK, thanks guys. Does anyone know why my post was "edited" to remove the dosages? Does that make sense? I've been reading through lots of threads through that past 5-6 yrs. of the group and there are all kinds of dosages mentioned. What's that all about?

Some of the older threads have dosages, but were written prior to Lou writing this, which is stickied at the top of medical questions.

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/108368

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zofran is given for the N/V of pregnancy in hyperemesis (puking nonstop).

It blocks serototin production in the gut.

Too much serotonin = serotonin syndrome = N/V.

Prozac effects serotonin differently in the brain...keeping the levels higher longer (not broken down as fast).

Prozac (very high levels)seems to have protected my sis from neuro lyme (along with all the fresh blueberries she eats every morning).

Prozac and Zofran (expensive)?

Might be a very unique approach.

Merely thinking out loud!

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need to eat tons of blueberries if it'll stop my neuro Lyme! [Smile] I love them anyways. I would eat quarts and quarts. [Smile]
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caren NV
Member # 37791

Hmmmm, blueberries howzat? When I was on a Low Carb weight loss diet for about 3 yrs. I ate lots of blueberries. I wonder if that's why it took a while for my head to catch up to the rest of me in terms of sxs.

OK Lymetoo, I wouldn't wanna compromise any doc. It just seemed to make sense w/the question I posed. I'm taking 6/day of the Mal. We went to get scripts last Sat. eve and discovered my doc had left Zofran for me, but hadn't told me. That stuff is miraculous!!!

I'm wondering if I'm allergic to Serotonin like I am to my own Cortisol and T3. When I was put on Prozac for lack of a dx in '88 I nearly committed suicide, it made me absolutely crazed. I'll never touch that stuff again.

--------------------

mlg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I had hypermesis. They had me on a combo.

On phenergan at night a small amt and then zofran during the day.

I suggest you juice.

Also suggest that you check your kidney and liver function. I read that it can impact kidneys and liver.

I am not an MD but that is what helped me. I wouldn't recommend phenergan for a long time. You might be able to taper off or do a smaller dosage every other day, etc. I think Zofran did a good job as well.

Posts: 698 | From CA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Years ago, bendectin was used for N/V of pregnancy. It is nothing more than Unisom Sleep TABs (histamine blocker) and vit. B6 combo.

The B6 counters the "sleepiness" aspect.

It was pulled off the market in the U.S. in error - ***a doctor lied about his research*** - and lost his license for awhile.

Honest...find "Bendectin" on Wikipedia

But it is still available in Canada under a different name.

A very long time ago, I remember reading Bb cannot grow in a medium that

lacks tryptophan.

My son also had an adverse reaction to Prozac and others i.e., MORE depressed.

Since I highly suspect he has the MTHFR gene defect, I wonder if there is a "chemical" connection?

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"N/V" ????

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement