LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Supplements that Have Helped me - worth the money

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Supplements that Have Helped me - worth the money
annxyzz
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
None of these are a CURE - but these have been worth the money for me .

Natural ABX : goldenseal , olive leaf , oil of oregano , GSE , Artemesia Annua .

I save Olive leaf, oregano and goldenseal for colds or infections or costochondritis . These do not kill lyme , but I believe every household can benefit having them . They are also not too expensive .

SAM E : helps with flexibility , liver function and MOODS!! I buy a Doctor's Best , cheaper and works fine . Nature Made is a great brand too .

Folic acid, magnesium , Extra B Vitamins fish oil, Extra VIT D . Most multis DO NOT provide enough of these . The minimum requiremnt may leave you deficient in VIT D , magnesium, folic acid , or many B's . No one can be healthy in brain or muscle without adequate supply .

I do believe these have kept me alive and improved my moods and ability to cope and have less pain .

So many supplements add up , but these have made a difference . I do wish there was an effective lyme babs killer, but so far it looks doubtful in most cases . ( I am watching those reporting with parasite treatment hopefully . Gael and Salt C success is impressive and there are others who seem to post some improvement tackling the illness via antiparasiticals .)

Last , LiverDetox and Regenerator by NOW is cheap and helps build glutathione levels , and wins good reviews from users in reviews .

If anyone has a supplement that made a REAL difference in FEELING better , please share .
Thanks!

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rivendell
Member # 19922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rivendell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know olive leaf has helped me with Lyme.

Before I could afford to go to a LLMD, I was using herbs only to treat Lyme.

I have been bitten four times (Lyme each time).

Three of the four bites kept festuring at the bite site with the rash reappearing, widening and spreading.

Whenever I used olive leaf several times a day, the rashes would shrink (as if the spirochetes were going back to the bite site), and then fade.

This process happened so many times, that I know it was the olive leaf.

Posts: 1358 | From Midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tumeric/curcumin -

I take 1,000 mg every night, have for 12 months.

Had a minor surgery, they asked me to stop taking it, next day huge migraine (no other changes)

Keeper for me.

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Turmeric/curcumin for me too!!

650mg twice a day .. with food

Glucosamine,chondroitin, MSM .. twice a day

Omega 3's .. twice a day

I take other stuff, but these I can't do without.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also take turmeric - the cheap capsules after reading so many studies on it . It is amazing . I can not say that it makes me feel better, but I like the fact that it fights cancers and alzheimers and supposedly helps with depression. I read studies on it from MD Anderson hospital .

The omegas help my moods . They also helpme be somewhat flexible. I am stiff without them. I do believe the brain must have them . They are essential.

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The curcumin removes inflammation, so that is good for the whole body, heart, etc.

I take NOW brand from Swanson's... pretty cheap!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm thinking about ATP Fuel. Its pretty expensive, so I'd love to hear from someone that has used it.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nettles - helps with joint pain; cannot use my hands without it.

Molybdenum - helps with chemical sensitivities, sulfite sensitivity (cannot eat without this).

Yucca Root - helps with ammonia toxicity; helps me be able to eat protein food, helps my sweat to not stink like cat pee.

Magnesium & Calcium - prevents muscle spasms, twitching, cramps.

L-Lysine - prevents colds/flu (antiviral), helps keep me from gaining weight, gives me a little more energy (needed for energy metabolism).

FenuThyme - helps prevent candida, enables me to breathe (keeps my sinuses from clogging up), good for the gut.

Oregano - helps prevent candida, makes my bland food more tolerable...

Digestive Enzymes (Acid Soothe, MaxiZyme) - cannot eat without them.

Acidophilus (Jarrow Dophilus Allergy Free) - cannot tolerate dairy products without it, helps prevent candida, feel better overall with it.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

I appreciate the feedback! I have a friend w/ MCS and some of these may help her like the molybednum.

--------------------
annxyzz

Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MCS'ers need to be evaluated for methylation cycle genomic variants. They may have one or more variants causing their MCS - I believe this is the case with me, too. I have a bunch of variants, some of which cause problems with various chemicals & such.

I should also have added Vitamin B12 (Methylcobolamin) shots to my list above, can't seem to survive long without it (was diagnosed with pernicious anemia a long time ago, and if I don't get the shots, my B12 blood level drops even if I'm taking sublingual B12).

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good post Annxyzz.

I have been going through all of my supplements. I just want to use them before I buy more.

I decided to finish off my Golden Seal (which I had bought for yeast a long time ago). I herxed on it and felt really good afterwards... it sort of just happened by accident.

I'll post some of my favorites later.

too tired tonight after 3,000 mgs of Biltricide.

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haley what are you taking that for and how did they determine the need?

I Googled it and it seemed unusual for this,or at least not mentioned much.

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maradona
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maradona     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best one overall is workingout and it is not a suplement.But everytime you go at the Jim and start lifting waights your symptom will ease.
Second one is chilating you will fill bad for couple days but then everyday you see your self going out of the hole and living again,for me I take Zinc 50mg and manganese 10mg and silicium and magnesium . This two things Jim and chilating brought back the hope to me togather with B12 and B-complex IM shots.It is to bad that most of us use antibiotics to much and they can not help. If the body does not have Vitamins and minerals for every single reaction to reproduce cells to make enrgy how can antibiotics help if our body is starving for enzymes, energy ,to bild our immune system .I wish i did know that before I started the treatment.I was taking every antibiotic under the sun and nothing worked just made things more complicated with no hopee when I started to go to jim ,chilating and vitamins IV ,IM my aches and pains stop to torture me .If I was rookey now this what I will do .

1.Jim 2. Vitamins B12 and B-complex IM every week in the beganing.
Chilating (ZN,MG ,MN,SE)2 to three times per week and in between multiminerals.3.resveratrol,OLE. Parasite treatment .
God i wish I did know that in the beganing of my jurney .

Posts: 482 | From Nebraska | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JessieJoy
Member # 37502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JessieJoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've said it before and I'll say it again...

COWDEN program for Lyme works! Pricey but it works!

Posts: 21 | From Charlottesville, VA | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Libra72
Member # 38453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Libra72     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's pricey? How much is it

The Cowden program?

Posts: 53 | From PA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have not been hearing much about Cowden lately. too pricey for most people, or doesn't work?

for me:
OMEGA 3's are huge for mood
turmeric/curcumin (Enhansa)
B12 shots
Magnesium shots
enzymes

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Have you been ill with lyme a long time jessie ?
Were you diagnosed early with lyme before trying cowden ? I would love to hear more details about the protocol
HOW long have you been on the program? do you know others who have made progress on cowden ?
IT is great to hear a person say something has made them feel better or function better
PLEASE share more details with us !

--------------------
annxyzz

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement