LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » how much chorella?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how much chorella?
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i would like to try chorella but there are all kinds. i heard it was another way to detox. i only do oil pulling and epsom salts but i think i need more.

i've seen chorella tablets and some even powdered stuff.

any recommendations? dosage? are there any side effects?

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Energy2Heal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2010

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Energy2Heal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use only Biopure chlorella as it's supposed to be the cleanest.

Chlorella Pyrenoidosa is the one that's recommended as the most toxin absorbing.

If you don't tolerate that one (GI symptoms) then try Chlorella Vulgaris (less absorbent, but easier tolerated)

I use Pyrenoidosa and have never had a problem or side effect from it (besides greenish stool). Dosage can vary widely - anywhere from 5 tablets per dose to much higher. Brussels talks about using up to 100 tablets a day when herxing very badly. At the moment I am taking 15 tablets 3 times a day.

I like it, but for binding neurotoxins I think clay works better.

Posts: 443 | From The Wild West | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
As with any supplement - always - start and stay a little while with the smallest dose.

Increase only gradually and hold that dose for several days before moving up again when trying to achieve optimum dose (for your body).

Chlorella can cause some stomach unease. You might start with a snack. Better to spread out tiny amounts throughout the day than all at once for this one.

After a while, you should be able to take full dose on an empty stomach. Be sure to take a glass of water with it.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
any particular brand or can i just buy some stuff from wallie world??

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know about 5 years ago that many brands carried by health food store, including the most well-reputed brand at that time, were loaded with mercury. I had access to a machine that tested air and dissolving the chlorella in water and leaving the jar covered for a couple hours would cause the mercury to collect in the air; from there it was measured.

Mercury is supposed to be good at picking up heavy metals and mercury and removing them from an area. Apparently they are so good at it that during the process of growing / manufacturing / packaging, this chlorella did just that for any and all brands tested at that time. Perhaps these chlorella were still useful, held on to what they had and picked up more mercury before leaving; perhaps not.

Now, I don't have access to that machine. Two brands I know of that have good reputations and energy test for me much better than various health food store brands are Biopure and HealthForce Nutritionals.

Brand definitely matters with chlorella.

Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Ditto to Michael: Brand definitely matters with chlorella.

Most supplements from big box stores are not top quality.

Energy2heal suggested a specific type. Be sure to search that one, too.

Chlorella Pyrenoidosa - Google has many links to learn more about that. One source that I like:

http://www.sunchlorellausa.com/Sun-Chlorella-Tablets.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=chlorella%20pyrenoidosa&utm_content=search&utm_campaign=Chlorella%202010&247SEM& 247SEM
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

yeah but have you seen the price? that site says it's 100 bucks per bottle. i can't afford that. yikes...

isn't there a good medium to low price bottle somewhere?

--------------------

MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be aware that naturepurenutrition.com is a site that sells the biopure products cheaper than biopure. You have to click view or add to cart to actually see the real price you will be charged. That may be less than the price you saw. It is still expensive, for sure. There are cheaper brands, for sure. Whether they are any good is another question. I personally don't know of any other good or at least reasonable choices, but perhaps others know of some.
Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
It's better to buy less of the top quality brand than more of a cheaper brand that is inferior quality.

Thanks to that new link from Michael:

http://www.naturepurenutrition.com/chlorella-pyrenoidosa-400-tablets.html

BoiPure chlorella pyrenoidos

400 capsules for $38.
-

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NO WALLY WORLD on this one! NO drug stores either.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
birdie67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for birdie67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Biopure. It was recommended to me by my LLMD.
Posts: 486 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larae30
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35220

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larae30     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about Dr. Mercola's?

--------------------
Treating lyme, bart and babs

Posts: 506 | From NE | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
All of Mercola's products are of excellent quality. He really does his homework.

As for what can be a higher price there, the extra pennies go towards keeping the website going. A lot of learning happens there and it's free to read all we want.

Actually, the price for this is very reasonable. As always, lots of detail he shares with us, too.

http://products.mercola.com/chlorella/

Mercola - Chlorella article & video.

Scroll down for product choices
-

Larae30
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35220

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larae30     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I bought Dr. Mercola's months ago because it was buy 2 get one free. I was hoping they were good enough quality!

I also wonder how many tabs per day one should take.

--------------------
Treating lyme, bart and babs

Posts: 506 | From NE | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

i've been reading and some sites say people with digestive issues should not take this at all.

anybody know anything about this? one person claimed they were sick for months with chronic diahhrea and hemorroids.

i have bag digestive issues with my diverticulitis and stomach pain.

one site said you must take spiralina with it? what's that and do you have to order that to?

also it's supposed to have a high mercury content and uric content which can exaserbate gout? it's mercury in our old fillings and suppose to be bad for you.

geez, so much to consider.

--------------------

Energy2Heal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2010

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Energy2Heal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never heard anything about needing to take spirulina with chlorella. There are MANY people here on LN who have taken chlorella, and that has never been mentioned so I would disregard that idea.

Keebler is right about it causing stomach unease in some people. But I believe that is a minority of people. I would just start with a low dose.

If you are feeling very unsure about chlorella, you might want to try another binder. I don't know how you feel about clay re: your digestive issues, but it works well for me.

Posts: 443 | From The Wild West | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you might have a big problem with chlorella, so try to buy a small amount
apple pectin is a bit easier

Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ktkdommer
Member # 29020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ktkdommer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use the NOW brand of chlorella and get it through Swanson's.

Any thoughts on this brand?

Do you need to take a break from chlorellla every once in a while? I have worked up to 4 a day.

--------------------
Things are never dull. After 3 fighting Lyme, 2 are in remission. Youngest is still sick, age 22. He has new diagnosed Chiari Malformation and Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.

Posts: 1366 | From Perrysburg, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlf2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlf2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a little high in mercury and lead. Will chlorella help remove these? Is it OK to take with all the abx?
Posts: 463 | From Sandusky, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlf2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlf2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UP
Posts: 463 | From Sandusky, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VV
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use powdered chlorella from Source Naturals.
It is Yaeyama Chlorella, but I don't know the difference between types. I can eat a ton of this stuff without any stomach discomfort, but I mix it in with food so that may play a role. It's really good in salad dressings!

Posts: 922 | From Philadelphia | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LBS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LBS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the general rule when taking chlorella...take it 2 hours away from supps/abx?

--------------------
Tick Bite: March 2011
ABX Treatment: August 2011
Diagnosed: September 2011

Posts: 137 | From God's Got This! | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement