LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » does backing off help you with dizzyness

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: does backing off help you with dizzyness
LSG Scott
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSG Scott     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i did iv flagyl three days in a row w-t-f now 2 days later the dizzy spacy feeling really stinks so i am hoping i am herxing and that backing off will help it has been 2 days off all meds and feel no better yet anyone else take this long to feel better when backing off?? i would really like some input if you guys Thanks Scott

--------------------
LSG Scott

Posts: 513 | From Boston, Cape Cod, Mass | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SickLYme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SickLYme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dizziness is always something I experience more with herxing. So my Dr. has me back off all meds for a few days, and detox with water, charcoal and epsom salt baths. It always helps dramatically, and then I restart meds. It is kind of like pulsing. But yes, backing off should help with the dizziness.
Posts: 148 | From AZ | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a firm believer in backing off the meds. It can save you from damage and from ending up in the hospital.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LSG Scott
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSG Scott     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for the feedback, i still am not doing great here i so please tell me what is the longest time it took for you to get relief from a break

getting a bit freaked out here

thanks

--------------------
LSG Scott

Posts: 513 | From Boston, Cape Cod, Mass | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
It could be a few days or a few weeks.

Although it may be that if you can adjust your Rx combinations &/or support methods it will be easier.

Clearly, a different plan is needed, be that changes in Rx, supplements or dose - or self-care techniques.

Some LLMDs and LL NDs are of firm mind that pushing any patient too much is not good. Some don't even want them to herx more than just slightly as a herx can be damaging.

So, whatever time it takes does not matter so much as finding what works for your body and what will be effective in the long run.

Backing off to what works with your body is important. Be sure to have adequate support, though, as no treatment can work for a body without that.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=030792;p=0

LIVER SUPPORT LINKS & and several HERXHEIMER support links, too.

Some KIDNEY support detail, too.

======================================

Ginger CAPSULES & B-6 may help with dizziness. See the EAR THREAD below. Also, check for any Rx that may be ototoxic. IF required to treat lyme, liver support is essential.

And all other ototoxic drugs that would not be required for infection should be dropped, if safely possible to do so and there are other ways to address the issues.

http://vestibular.org/understanding-vestibular-disorder/symptoms

VESTIBULAR SYMPTOMS [note that nearly every one can go along with lyme or other tick-borne infections]

What helps:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=065801

Topic: TINNITUS: Ringing Between The Ears; Vestibular, Balance, Hearing with compiled links - including HYPERACUSIS

Explanations, possibilities and support methods.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Some do better with a different form of flagyl (tinidazole) or a different cyst Rx or supplement altogether.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
usually a few days

One time I had to stop for 2 months when babesia meds put me down and out.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LSG Scott
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21624

thanks, guys this site still rocks all these years later

--------------------
LSG Scott

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Are you also taking some adrenal support? That's also very good to help in situations like this.

Ashwagandha and Cordyceps are tops.
-

bcb1200
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Scott...hope you feel better. Nothing worse than a scary flare. Be well.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One time when I took flagyl, it took me 2 weeks to kind a feel better. I too felt dizzy and lightheaded, kind of out of it.
Posts: 697 | From CA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LSG Scott
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21624

thanks guys

--------------------
LSG Scott

jlf2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlf2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son was on flagyl for two weeks and became sooo sick. It took him over a week to begin to recover once off the flagyl.
Posts: 463 | From Sandusky, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement