LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Help! I have colitis and Lyme!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help! I have colitis and Lyme!
Talktel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Talktel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,

I went to my gastro doc today, who fet an inflamed colon.

I was supposed to go for an endoscopy tomorrow, but it won't happen tomorrrow.

probably more like in two weeks.

What happens with the Lyme? Has anyone been in this situation ? How do you treat the Lyme?

Is it possible to heal the colon?

--------------------
RI

Posts: 440 | From New York | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How did he diagnose you?

Do you think the abx ruined your colon?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talktel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Talktel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes; I do think it was the abx.

He palpated my abdominal area and said it felt tender.

BTW, he wants to do a colonoscopy on me. He didn't say an endoscopy.

--------------------
RI

Posts: 440 | From New York | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimmie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimmie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, my colitis was caused by c diff. It makes trating lyme and co much more difficult but forced me into alterative treatments which have helped me very much.

You have to heal the colitis first. Best wishes

Posts: 747 | From Utah | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talktel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7980

Kimmie,

which alternative treatments did you do?

My c. diff test is negative.

--------------------
RI

Talktel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7980

Kimmie,

How did you treat your colitis? Is it cured?

--------------------
RI

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It may go away on its own. You probably should do the colonoscopy so he can make a good diagnosis and see how it looks.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talktel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7980

I am going to do a colonoscopy.

He doesn't have an opening for another two weeks.

I'm panicking about the Lyme.

--------------------
RI

cozynana
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cozynana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry to hear that. I have a bad colon from a botched colonoscopy. I have done some ABXs but didn't have any trouble inflaming my bowels any worse than they were. I still am not healed, but seem to be able to treat things. I agree though, I would love to get my bowels healed before going on the big guns, OR..... finding alternative and naturals that do not harm the intestines. I am on a powder mix call GlutAloeMine by Xymogen. It has L-Glutamine, Arabinogalactan, Licorice Root, and Aloe Leaf Extract. My LLMD says it heals the gut. Hope so. Anyone else used this?
Posts: 620 | From Ks | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talktel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7980

Does that treatment heal the gut and do anything for Lyme?

I think if I go back to abx now, the gut will go crazy again. Its a bit better now, but I am on a diet of protein and rice.

Lyme sx are coming back.

--------------------
RI

kimmie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimmie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talktel,

Many times my c diff test would come back negative. The stool test for c diff are very inaccurate. Lab corp and quest are the worst. For c diff testing, the hospital outpatient labs are generally better.

Yes my colitis is much better. I still have to be careful of things that disturb gut flora or I do get mild colitis symptoms return, but nothing like the first time I had c diff.

Alternative treatments that have helped me the most are photons. Bionic or PE-1, and infrared saunas for detoxing on my month off from treatments. I found that rife to be very effective against lyme, but also killed gut flora and c diff would return. Many folks are able to tolerate antibiotics again as well as herbals and rife, I am not. My colitis was severe however.

Best wishes

Posts: 747 | From Utah | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talktel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7980

kimmie,

they did repeat tests for the c diff and they came back negative.

Does the rife machine affect flora too? I didn't know that.

Do you mind my asking what are Bionic or PE-1. and Infrared saunas.

I'm not familiar with these.

--------------------
RI

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I never heard that about Rife! I usually run Lyme frequencies and yeast frequencies on the same day (one follows the other.)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Talktel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7980

Everyone,

My LLMD just emailed me to go back on bicillin shots.

To try one shot a week, and if that works go up to two and email her.

Why am I so nervous about this? Its damned if you do-or don't.

So I'm taking again my first shot soon.

--------------------
RI

Razzle
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Colitis can be caused by Lyme/coinfections. This means treatment of the Lyme/co's may result in a colitis flare.

Coconut oil, probiotics and an allergy-free diet (especially gluten free) may result in reduced inflammation in the colon (probiotics have been proven to be as effective as mesalamine based medications for colitis in clinical studies; VSL #3 is the one most studied for this purpose).

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talktel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7980

Thanks Razzle,

I'm taking VSL, so you've given me encouragement.

--------------------
RI

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had terrible stomach problems with Lyme Disease. It took me over two years after Lyme treatment to heal my gut completely, but it is back to normal now. Here are some things that helped me:

http://www.drdebe.com/stomach-acid-assessment.html - I took Thorne Biogest for this problem.

fermented foods - raw sauerkraut (NOT pasteurized), homemade kefir (simple to make, just buy kefir grains from kefirlady.com), and kombucha. These are much stronger than any probiotic you can take, and I took VSL#3, and fermented foods were stronger. Much stronger.

PARASITE TREATMENT!!!! - I had an upper endoscopy and a colonoscopy. I did parasite stool testing. Everyone told me I had no parasites, but I had an upset bacterial balance in my intestines. When I did a parasite cleanse, I SAW the parasites. I had them.

No Gluten. Even if you're not sensitive, it's hard to digest. And No Sugar.

You can heal the gut with persistence. I thought mine would never be normal. It was severely damaged from disease even before abx. I couldn't eat solid food. I didn't digest what I ate. It was YEARS before I could eat any raw fruits or vegetables.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talktel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7980

they tested me for parasites. IT must have been negative because they didn't tell me it was posiitive.

I am taking vsl. Does rice contain gluten, because that I am eating. I am abstaining from sugar.

--------------------
RI

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Talktel:
they tested me for parasites. IT must have been negative because they didn't tell me it was posiitive.

I am taking vsl. Does rice contain gluten, because that I am eating. I am abstaining from sugar.

Yes, as I said, my parasite test was negative, too, yet I CLEARLY had them. It's hard to miss a ten FOOT long tapeworm and THIRTY 15 inch long roundworms.

Even if it's not large parasites, you certainly have an imbalance in the gut. Too much bad, not enough good.

Rice is gluten free. I, personally, do better without it, but it is gluten free.

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talktel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7980

thanks for telling me that.

When I have a colonoscopy on Sept 12, will he be able to see if there are parasites?

--------------------
RI

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

quote:
Originally posted by Talktel:

When I have a colonoscopy on Sept 12, will he be able to see if there are parasites?

No.

I had both a colonoscopy and and upper endoscopy. Neither showed parasites. Parasites are in the small intestine, so don't get seen with either procedure.

--------------------

Talktel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7980

Yikes. Parasite cleansing sounds gross.

I restarted the bicillin shot yesterday.

I don't have the support system to try to find these alternate ways of doing things, and have no money or energy to do it myself.

I don't have the enrgy to try to find alternate ways of treating the Lyme.

I can ask the doctor about parasites.

but I'm not after Lyme treatment to heal my gut; I still need Lyme treatment or I slide.

--------------------
RI

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

I treated my gut while in Lyme treatment, then it took two years after Lyme treatment for it to be normal again. So, don't stop treating it when you stop treating Lyme!

My doc didn't treat parasites. I used Humaworm. Some here use Parastroy. Both are good. It's easy, just one product.

Lymenet was the ONLY support system I had as far as learning about treatment. I was bedridden.

Unfortunately, you have to learn about Lyme, even with a good LLMD, they can't do it all as they only have a limited time with you, but you know your body and what it needs.

--------------------

Talktel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7980

Where do you get Humaworm. Or Parastroy.

Is it oral?

How is it used?

--------------------
RI

tick battler
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a great product that heals colitis naturally called Intestazyme. You can find it online. My 8 year old son had terrible colitis from lyme and antibiotics. It healed after being on Intestazyme for a few months. He still takes 2 pilss twice/day every day on an empty stomach.

tickbattler

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talktel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7980

was your son able to take abx while taking that?

I'm doing really bad off antibiotics and other meds

--------------------
RI

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Humaworm has a website. I think it's Humaworm.com

--------------------

tick battler
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, you can take the intestazyme with antibiotics, unless for some reason the antibiotic is not compatible with the ingredients. It is enzymes to heal the gut, along with slippery elm and some other soothing things. Pureformulas.com sells it.

tickbattler

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talktel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7980

Oh, that sounds interesting!

I'll check into it. any side affects from this?

--------------------
RI

tick battler
Member # 21113

no side effects for any of us...just helps the gut feel better. We test it energetically through electrodermal screening and it shows it will heal colitis when we have it every time. And we have seen the results! Recently we all became very sick from contaminated well water (giardia, cryptosporidium, etc..) - that's why we are all on it now.

tickbattler

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by sixgoofykids:

Unfortunately, you have to learn about Lyme, even with a good LLMD, they can't do it all as they only have a limited time with you, but you know your body and what it needs.

-
Amen!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Talktel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7980

I have to run by the intestazyme by my LLMD's office, bec otherwise Icould be terminated- which I'm hoping I'm not already.

I would start it today id I Could

BTW, they're out of stock now with intestazyme.

But that does sound positive- and I so hope it would help.

I'm getting another bicillin shot tonight, from my nurse neighbor, so I'm nervous.

And one shot per week does nothing for LYme- or am I wrong?

The LLMD office instructed to to try to take two shots this week, and let them know what happens.

I'm very depressed lately, and dread waking up to another struggle of a day.

It's just too much.

--------------------
RI

Talktel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7980

Hi,

All my test results came back negative, and I was told to go back on icillin 3x a week.

Does bicillin affect the colon?

--------------------
RI

Talktel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7980

tick battler,

How did you get intestazyme?

I just called up a company that has it in stock, but it can only be ordered through a physician.

Its an FDA approved product.

THey didn't even want to talk to me if there are any side affects or interactions.

A doc has to call.

That doesn't sound so innocuous, and I don't think any of my docs will bother to call them!

What was your experience?

--------------------
RI

tick battler
Member # 21113

I used to get it from Pure Formualas but it has been out of stock for the past month.

see: http://www.pureformulas.com/intestazyme-120-capsules-by-marco-pharma.html

Maybe they no longer sell it? Sometimes I get it from my practitioner. Can your doctor get it for you?

tickbattler

tick battler
Member # 21113

Did you try this site?

http://www.vitaminde.com/Intesta-Zyme-Capsules-120-Marco-Pharma_p_57.html

Talktel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7980

Do I need a doctor to get it for me?

--------------------
RI

Talktel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7980

tick battler

that's the site I called today.

THey didn't want to answer any questions. They said they deal only with doctors.

I wonder if my llmd office would be willing to get it for me.

I know my gastro doc, who's very conventonal will not check it out.

--------------------
RI

Talktel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7980

My LLMD office just called me and nixed the idea of intestatzyme.

I don't know why. I made an appoint end of October, so when I go there I'll ask.

--------------------
RI

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement