LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » I Hate Intestinal Viruses...AArrgh...OwooooWooo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I Hate Intestinal Viruses...AArrgh...OwooooWooo
Silverwolf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9196

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi <<<<< Lyme family >>>>>,

Aarrghh, we spent the weekend having far too many Imodium moments. TxCoord is feeling better and went to pay some bills.

I am supposed to be w/him,I am his extra eyes...instead I am stuck here...darn darn darn knit crochet...blast it! [dizzy]

We both have fought some bug, all weekend,and even the dogs haven't been feeling well.

We use a good water filter,that was recently changed,so if it is a water issue,it's really bad. I think it's an intestinal virus tho'.

I am, point blank, pouting I want to get out of this trailer... I would stomp me little paws but that would hurt and bring on another bout of 'Uh Oh ...run to the restroom'.

I'll have to have TxC' get some more Gatorade ...between the bug and the antibiotics [which I've had to stop] my poor little abbys-domain hurts...

Well, at least TxCoord didn't have to fight the bug and the ABX too, I am glad he is feeling better now [Smile] , he was pretty miserable most of the weekend.

Sigh, I just want a perfect world w/ no disease illness or intestinal viruses!!!

Whimper...Owoooo jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jus' me again...mutter...whimper arrgghhhh...

I want this to stop so, I can go back on my supplements... I feel better on my supplements...whimper...OwooooWoooo...

Yeah I know, having a giant pity party moment... I want to go outside...but I wouldn't make it back up the steps if I had an 'Imodium moment'...

And I woke w/ a Charley horse in my left calf...cause... I couldn't take the magensium for a couple days...

WahhhaehOWoooo...like I said pity party here... drat...darn,knit and crochet some more...

Sorry..but I jus' gotta vent...arrgghh...

I'll be back... Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhitneyS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhitneyS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might want to try Pedialite instead of gatorade, i think it has less sugar...and its cheaper too
Posts: 844 | From CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi <<<<< WhitneyS >>>>>,

Thanks for the reply and suggestion!

Next time I can mange to get out of the trailer,I'll check that out... don't they have a lollipop type product as well?

I could do w/o the excess sugar. I'm just sorta really pouting and bummed,trying to get this all to calm down. Any way,I appreciate the idea,especially if I can buy it for less cost!

Jus'Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also consider a product called Electro-Mix .. keep it on hand. It is made by EmergN-C.
NO SUGAR

and yes, even pedialyte would be better .. I did that once

You ARE taking your probiotics aren't you?? (even while sick?)

HOPE YOU FEEL MUCH BETTER VERY SOON!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>,

I'm sure the Fred Meyer/Krogers carries EmergeN-C so I can check for Electro-Mix and price it when I can get out for a bit.

I've been taking the probiotics [Smile] ,except last night [I usually do that early morning and late evening away from food].

Last night tho', I didn't even get my evening Metformin...nothing would stay in my system ...nothing. Uhg and Aarrghh.

Thanks for the feel better wishes too [Smile] . One of our favorite banking staff had this same sort of intestinal bug,on the weekend.

I was surprised that it hit us, I don't get out a whole lot... even less right now. TxCoord is better,but still fighting a bit of issues.

He got to get out and do the errands and such,but we have to get a few more things later,when we are feeling better. We are trying to carefully shepherd our finances.

Will be so glad when this bug leaves my system... I feel like a whimp,tender abdomen ,pouting and all...

It's time to find my little 'Wombat Cave' and hide out for a bit I think. A friend from Australia coined that term...when we need a break.

Jus' Silverwolfi schlepping about...

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< Lyme Family >>>>>,

TxCoord over did it, w/ paying a couple bills and minor shopping. He had a really rough night.

So we'll see how we are tomorrow, got him started on probiotics. If we get the 'Imodium moments' stopped we can get a couple more things we need then rest.

We found out several other folk in our area, had this intestinal mess over the weekend as well.

Sometimes needing to get out to do things can really be a hassle...but we are hanging in here.

I sure hope no one else on LymeNet is fighting this intestinal bug...it really zaps a person.

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

AuntyLynn
Member # 35938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AuntyLynn         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The classic nurse's prescription for the trots ..

The BRAT diet.

toasted BREAD
RICE
browned APPLES
black TEA

You have to cut the apple and let it sit out in the air for a while, 'til it turns brown. Does the same thing for "binding" as the black tea - which has tannins.

Asian folks swear by "rice water" for this malady. Which is rice you boil and boil with way too much water, until it turns to a very watery gruel.

But please DO take the probiotics, whenever you can! So sorry to hear you were both struck down - on a holiday week-end yet - isn't it always the case? Murphy's Law.

Posts: 1432 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hey <<<<< AuntyLynn >>>>>,

Thanks for the info', I had always heard applesauce.

An apple actually sounds delicious right now!

I'll have to see if our regular tea is black tea.

Interesting,I had heard Bananas Rice,Applesauce and Toast for the Brat diet.

Rice gruel actually sounds good too. Er...food sounds good but it hurts to eat. We tried something semi-solid for super will see how that goes too.

Thanks for the commiseration , we were bummed w/ this hitting on the Holiday, 'cause TxCoord wanted to cook up some really nice meat on the grill, but neither of us could eat.

I'm definitely keeping us up w/ the probiotics too...

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Update :

Still trying to get things to normalize...it's getting better but everything is slowed up and sluggish now for both of us.

The dogs seem to be feeling better too. To bad I cannot get this Ol'Puter to 'feel' better, it keeps freezing up. And the power outage we had this morning is wrecking?/wreaking? Havoc on it.

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been reading up on Nascent iodine... Maybe it would help? They say it's an anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-parasite. etc...

http://www.magnascent.com/AboutNascentIodine.aspx

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< sparkle7 >>>>>,

Thanks for the info' link on the iodine...

I am slowly getting a little better,TxCoord is still having some issues.

Will check the info' out,and see about cost, we have a rather limited budget.

I appreciate your rely!!!

Jus'Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's about $17 for a small bottle. It might be worth it because it treats alot of different ailments.

Nascent Iodine is a complete atom�no extra electrons, none missing.

http://www.naturodoc.com/nascent_iodine.htm

excerpts-

It was the famous psychic Edgar Cayce who suggested iodine for all sorts of thyroid problems, and who advised that it would be necessary to electrically charge the iodine to change it into its "atomic" form.

This charging converts the iodine into a form that the body can most fully recognize and assimilate. (Iodine trichlorite claims to be atomic iodine, but it�s not.) A true atomic iodine is the best kind to bring the thyroid to its optimal function, because it supports and saturates the thyroid without any toxic buildup.

Iodine is a well-known topical germicidal agent that is effective against a wide spectrum of organisms, including bacteria, fungi, and protozoa.

Iodine is normally available as solutions, alcoholic tinctures, and iodophors. Iodophors were developed because iodine tinctures caused skin irritation, severe hypersensitivity reactions, and systemic absorption of iodine. Iodophors are compounds of iodine linked to carriers for iodine. Only a small amount of iodine is released, minimizing toxicity, which is not really a problem at all when iodine is administered in its pure atomic form.

Iodine has bactericidal activity; that is, a 1 percent tincture will kill 90 percent of bacteria in 90 seconds; a 5 percent tincture in 60 seconds; and a 7 percent tincture in 15 seconds. Source: Gershenfeld, 1968

--

Iodine has many positive therapeutic actions. It is a potent anti-infective agent. "No virus, bacteria, or parasite has been shown to be resistant to iodine therapy," writes Dr. Brownstein.

This is an incredible statement, but one that can easily be backed by hardcore medical science. It is the reason hospitals use iodine by the gallon, and in reality the only reason hospitals are not like ground-zero sites contaminated in an infectious sense is because of iodine's broad-spectrum anti-infective power.

------

Some people are saying that it can cure malaria... Read the link article if you get a chance.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< sparkle 7 >>>>>,

I wonder if the Nascent Iodine could kill Babsieosis ? I noticed something in that first link about it being used to kill Malaria.

Things are too tight financially so we'll have to wait a bit, but now I am really curious.

I'llread teh second link too,and see what we can find out! Thanks again for the info'!!!

Jus' Silverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

update :

I posted in general, but will update here too.

There was an intestinal virus went thru the schools in our area, we caught it too. It wouldn't go away.

A used counter-top dishwasher that we got this summer,at a yard sale,was also partially the culprit.

We had to run vinegar thru it,as it had not been completely rinsing due to the very hard water in our area.

We are mending slowly, but Imodium has become my friend...argghh.

Jus' that Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry you are going through this. My son and I are sick with nasty colds.

Just wanted to recommend a few more things that might help:

Coconut water is excellent to restore electrolytes & other things (Gatorade is full of sugar and dyes!).

Rice water is very good for binding loose stools (we always make it). You cook the rice, pour off the water and cool it to warm or lukewarm temperature (cold temp is bad for intestinal problems) then drink it. You may, of course, eat the rice. They all act like "glue" for the intestines.

Try taking Olive Leaf extract (Seagate brand is the one we use). It is a powerful anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal herb (also good for fighting Lyme & co-infections).

Search on www.seagateproducts.com/olive-leaf-extract.html to find a local supplier (click on the left side and scroll down to near the bottom where it says, "locate a store in your area".

Read about it in Dr. Morton Walker's book entitled "Olive Leaf Extract".

Check out the following links about it on:
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=030549;p=0

[ 09-21-2012, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: hopingandpraying ]

Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hello <<<<< hopingandpraying >>>>>,

Sorry y'all are feeling rough,[we'll keep you two in prayer] I can relate to the colds...been fighting a sinus infection,and some chest congestion. The smoke here is making it much worse.

We use coconut products, I love it,and I've heard about the Seagate brand, my niece, from down south uses it !!!

Our problem has been lack of funding, and then having diarrhea so badly we couldn't get out for a bit.

I appreciate the info' and the links!!! I think the OLE is prolly a very good idea for TxCoord and I both right now.

Let's see, Elderberry is supposed to be antiviral as well. I am thinking of getting both these products and some more coconut water too.

I want to read thru these links and let TxC' as well ,so we can budget for a few more supplements as soon as we're able!

We eat a lot of rice ,so I'll have to try that rice water,idea!

Thank you again for the reply!!! [Smile]

Jus' that Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hey <<<<< hopingandpraying >>>>>,

The second link, the one for the LymeNet topics wont come up...I keep getting a message that it is non-existent. Oy.

I see if I can find it on search too.

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

aiden424
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aiden424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the same virus too. It lasted about 10 days. I took probiotics and charcoal, not at the same time. Charcoal would plug me up for awhile so I could function.

Wasn't fun!!

Kathy

--------------------
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Posts: 807 | From South Dakota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< aiden424/Kathy >>>>>,

Sorry you had this crud too, hope it is gone finally. I am taking probiotics, but never tho't about the charcoal...that's a great idea as well!!!

Next excursion out for supplements, I can add the charcoal to my list. We are finally getting better, but have to limit time out because the smoke is awfully bad in our area from wildfires [inversion layer, ugh.].

jus' SIlverwolfi here

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello again, Silverwolf!

Thank you for your prayers. They are very much appreciated. You are both in ours - glad to read you're getting better.

So sorry the link was not correct. Forty lashes with a wet noodle for me (LOL)!!

I have now corrected it and tested it several times so here goes:
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=030549;p=0

Keebler wrote it on June 19, 2012 and it is titled, "Olive Leaf Extract - LINKS".

God bless, take care and stay safe.

Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hi <<<<< hopingandpraying >>>>>,

Thanks ,it works now [Smile] !!!

I like sayings like : "forty lashes w/ a wet noodle.".

Another funny one, is " Thank You, I'll be indented for the length of a wink.".

And then this one just for silliness.
'Nah, it's just a pigment of my amalgamation...'

I do hope your colds are getting better, the smokiness here is causing issues,so I wore a dust mask out of the house to run errands today.

Extra hugs for you [group hug] ,and <<<<< Keebler >>>>> too. She has many wonderfully helpful links!!!

Jus' that Silverwolfi

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement