LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Help - I think hysterectomy has thrown me into a tailspin...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help - I think hysterectomy has thrown me into a tailspin...
LymeNotWelcome
Member # 33799

Icon 11 posted      Profile for LymeNotWelcome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure if this is possible or not...maybe I'm grasping at straws (like some people tell me I am) but I had a hysterectomy 2 weeks ago including ovaries.

Surgically I'm healing great but physically I'm a MESS!!!!!!!!!!! Now I'm thinking I should have done more research before doing this although I really didn't have much of a choice due to endometriosis, fibroids and a large ovarian cyst.

I was okay for the first week and recovered as expected but as the days went on from there I went down hill. I spiked a temp this past Sunday and felt soooo bad i ended up in the hospital overnight for observation. They gave me a bag of antibiotics (don't know which one), iv fluids, ran standard blood work and blood cultures, plus a urine test. All came back okay.

I came home on Monday and rested the day away. Woke up Tuesday and felt better and good enough to get up and interact with my kids and even went to my daughters volleyball game.

After getting home from the game starting feeling bad again. Took my temp and sure enough I spiked another fever. I felt horrible awful sick all night. Sweating, cold, hot, dizzy, almost vomited.

By the time morning came the fever was gone but I felt horrible pressure in my head coming from my neck. When I reached around to rub my neck I felt an enlarged lymph node. As the morning went on I felt a few more pop up 2 more on the back of my neck and one of the left side. I was SCARED!!!!

Went to my OBGYN afraid something was wrong from surgery. She said surgically I was great but there was something going on. She ran tests for Lyme, West Nile Virus, Erchiolosis and a CBC. Results won't be in until next Monday.

I hadn't even thought about Lyme Disease until I researched something on the internet and a post popped up.

Could this really all be from a Lyme flare up? Oh My Gosh....how am I going to get through it?

Has anyone been through this? If so, please offer me some suggestions.

The enlarged lymph nodes and head pressure making me feel dizzy and weak are major symptoms.

I was holding my own before surgery.

Others have told me my symptoms sound like West Nile Virus and that scares the crap out of me too!

I don't know what to do and am so sick of sitting in bed for the last two weeks. I have a family that desperately needs me and a husband that is about to loose his mind.

HELP....

Posts: 19 | From US | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
others will follow...I just pray you get correct answers swiftly.

So you had Lyme and then did surgery??

How long with Lyme?/

Did they use steroids of any kind with surgery??/

you must get answer for that

do you have LLMD

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would suggest taking magnesium to speed healing.
I have also been faced with the prospect of a hysterectomy due to large fibroids and cysts.
I think anybody considering this procedure should visit. www.hersfoundation.com

--------------------
IGM 41 IND, 83-93+ IGG 31 IND,34 IND, 41++, 58+, 83-93 IND

31 Epitope test neg.

Bartonella henselae 1:100

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeNotWelcome
Member # 33799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeNotWelcome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I've had Lyme since '07 and have an LLMD. Haven't been to her for awhile due to money and trying to manage symptoms on my own.

Not sure about steroids - I hope not!!!!!!

I know the only pain meds I had were Tordal in the hospital and Motrin at home. I try my hardest to stay away from them.

Never imagined Lyme would be stirred up by the surgery.

Posts: 19 | From US | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surgery almost always stirs up Lyme & Co. It would be a rare thing if it did not.

It is a trauma. The same thing would happen if you'd had a major auto accident.

I've had Lyme for a long long time. In 1990, I had the same surgery (minus the cyst). It threw me into a tailspin and I had NO IDEA I had Lyme and babesia.

Was dxd with Lyme in 2000. No treatment in between.

Anyway, got well in 2004 and had to have gallbladder surgery in 2005. That caused an infection 11 days later. I was extremely ill and was in the hospital 6 days.

They never found an abscess or anything, but I know it was an infection from the surgery...somewhere.

So maybe that is what has happened to you. Once you get enough abx into your body, I think you will recover!!

At the worst, you may need to be on oral abx for a few months following.

Take care!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96227 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dal123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dal123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHOOPS!!! so ovaries were removed?? You have a big shift in the immune and endocrine system, get on natural hormones to help with this, or herbs in the interim. This alone will cause a shock and bring out Lyme, so will child birth and other traumatic events.
Posts: 532 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would think they prescribed some unless she is "older."

I got on them a few days after the surgery.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96227 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeNotWelcome
Member # 33799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeNotWelcome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yes, they gave me a hormone patch right before the surgery that I had to change every 3 days and oh my what a ride that was. I almost had a nervous breakdown (uncontrollable crying, angry, anxious and felt like I wanted to come out of my own skin if that makes sense).

They advised me to take the patch off. I did and when I went back yesterday she gave me samples of patches at different strengths but I'm terrified to put one on.

I've been without one since Tuesday afternoon and I'm just now to the point where I'm not crying every few minutes.

I really wanted to try to get this other stuff under control before playing with the hormones.

No one will give me antibiotics and LLMD is 6 hours away and can't prescribe anything until I go back.

Will start magnesium (I have to be careful with it though - had gallbladder removed in'98 and am prone to diarrhea issues). I have upped my vitamin C the past couple of days. Would colloidal silver help - I've never taken it before.

Thanks for the replies and support.

Blessings to all.

lululymemom
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ive had my gallbladder out too and can tolerate magnesium citrate very well.. You may not have any issues with it. If you use hormones I would go with bio identical or natural.

I wouldnt take colloidal silver with abx.. It is powerful on its own.

--------------------
IGM 41 IND, 83-93+ IGG 31 IND,34 IND, 41++, 58+, 83-93 IND

31 Epitope test neg.

Bartonella henselae 1:100

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ellen101
Member # 35432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellen101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your body has just been through a major event. Surgical menopause can throw you into a complete tailspin. I had my hysterectomy about 6yrs ago and it was really rough for awhile until I got my hormones straightened out.

I would strongly encourage you to visit hystersisters.com they have a wealth of information. I would have been lost without them. Feel free to PM me if I can help.

Posts: 1748 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeNotWelcome
Member # 33799

I called the lab to get my results and found out that my CBC came back abnormal

WBC 2.8 (L)
Monocytes 14.6 (H)
EOS 5.0 (H)
Neutrophils Absolute 1.4 (L)

Called the doctor and have to leave a message for them to call me back. Going into the weekend. Hate to wait.

Feel more tired than ever, head is so full of pressure, neck lymph nodes still swollen and a bit painful, no appetite, throat is scratchy and itchy.

I'm beginning to feel helpless in my own body.

Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You need to be with a GREAT doctor who understands hormones and uses BIOIDENTICAL hormone replacement therapies. I would not go anywhere near the synthetic stuff.

Good luck.

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement