LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Almost constant head pressure?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Almost constant head pressure?
Tony P
Member # 38795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony P     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone else experience almost constant head pressure at the top of the head? With random pains occurring every now and then? My neck also feels stiff and achy at time, making want to crack my neck. For the past 6 months, this has been my main symptom, with 20+ odd and weird symptoms.

For the past 2 months I have been on 100 mg of doxy twice a day. Two weeks ago I finally saw my LLMD. She ordered new blood work from IGENEX for Lyme and co-infections. She now has me on 200 mg twice a day. For the first time this past weekend, I am pretty sure I experienced my first herx? I felt like I was having the flu, but with no flu symptoms, if that makes any sense. I also has a mild sore throat. I felt awful.. very fatigued and tired.

As of right now all I know is that... I tested positive for IgM 23, IgG 30, and IgG 41.. All of my other symptoms have lessened since being on doxy, except my almost constant headaches and head pressure and heart pain/fatigue. I was around mold in my yoga studio/home for 8 months last year before my symptoms started. I remember finding two ticks in my bed this past january, a month before my symptoms started. Never any rash.

Basically what I'm wondering is.. has anyone out there had my symptoms? This weird pressure in your head with head pains? And also, if I did have antibody for those strands, can I finally have a peace of mind that this is Lyme and not mold? I dont go back to the LLMD for another 2 weeks. The thing that keeps me really thinking its Lyme is testing positive for those strands and that my symptoms hit me HEAD ON hard. They didnt build up. Everything just started happening with me feeling pretty ill. I'm also not allergic to mold... but I read that apparently that doesnt matter. Right now... i just feel blah, tired, headache/pressure...

Posts: 15 | From Baltimore, MD | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philly78
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 31069

Icon 1 posted      Profile for philly78     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The head pressure is from babs...at least that is how it is with me.

I started treatment based on band 23 coming back positive. 23 is lyme specific.

--------------------
When faced with pain you have two choices....either quit and accept the circumstances, OR make the decision to fight with all the resources you have at your disposal.

Posts: 1000 | From PA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlf2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlf2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had those symptoms a lot. They leave you in a terrible brain fog, not to speak of the anxiety from the pain. Mine has at least temporarily lifted a bit four months into treatment. When i was on doxy it didn't help these symptoms at all. I moved onto cefpomoxime and flagyl.
Posts: 463 | From Sandusky, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony P
Member # 38795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony P     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the replies. Yes I've read a lot on Babesia and head pressure is one of the major symptoms. My LLMD is doing a whole panel test for that and some others. I have noticed that the doxycycline sometimes makes the pressure worse. Adrographis also makes the pressure more intense... only 2 more weeks until my medication is switched when I see my LLMD.

Any ideas what she will put me on? I know she definitely already thinks I have Babesia.. what would typically be used to treat that? If this head pressure would just go away I would be so happy...

Posts: 15 | From Baltimore, MD | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertwind
Member # 25256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rare side effect of doxy is raised intracranial pressure. Not common but can happen.
Posts: 1671 | From Tick Infested New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had lots of head pressure with this illness. When I was on rifampin, I did not notice much happening with my head symptoms, but once starting babesia treatment (mepron and biaxin with omnicef), I feel all kinds of things changing up there.

I still have some pressure, but it literally feels like fluid is moving in there and I have new bug crawling sensations and hot spots.

I know this is probably not reassuring to you, but it does tell me that it is affecting something in my head. At least I hope so!

I think I may have had babesia all along and not bart. You can test negative for these and still have. I did test positive for anaplasmosis and RMSF.

Good luck and I hope your head pressure gets better. One thing that you might want to try is lithium orotate, that can be bought through Iherb.com and probably some others. You only need small doses - 5 mg 3 x day helped me.

Also, curcumin is a great herbal supplement that is supposed to reduce brain inflammation. I hope they both help.

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooldog71
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pooldog71     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tony

Headaches and often head pressure have been my constant symptoms since being diagnosed. The headaches move all over, but sometimes the top of my head is so tender, that it hurts to touch my hair.

I have been in treatment for 3 years and am just starting to see some positive signs and reduction in symptoms.

Hope you find some relief soon.

Posts: 164 | From California | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a major case of Babesia to me.

See the symptoms here

http://www.wayneanderson.com/pages/diseases/babesia

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gmb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Babs and head pressure.

I'm on my second round fight with Babs since March 2012

My firts round lasted May 2011 thru Sept 2011.
Symptons worsened during treatment then improved after 10 weeks then plateaued and switch to a Bart protocol.

When spontaneous bruise marks from bustring red blood cells reappered in February 2012 it was back to Mepron hell. I'm just starting to feel better with less head pressure, better memory and focus, and less fatigue.

Still have a ways to go with Babs I fear.

Currently on IV Rocephin, Zith, Mepron double dose (2 tsp x twice/day) and Bactrim DS.

gmb

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Kete-tracker
Member # 17189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Kete-tracker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MY opinion is to GIVE UP on the "doxy" as the chance of any real effect it would have had on the 'ketes is loooong past... due to the inadequate dosing you've been on these last 2 months. It's so sad so many (including me) lose out on the punch oral doxycycline can give- to combat B.B. infection- due to the drug levels recommended in those draconian IDSA guidelines for Lyme treatment... which are STILL in place, BTW!

Not to say you should argue w/ your [new] LLMD over your 1st protocol, but *I* feel it would be much more effective to switch over to an "ILADS level" of something like Ceftin or amoxicillun.

Bear in mind- you'll need to build your dosing up with any new antibiotic that you start on to avoid problems.
You could end up "hitting the dashboard" if you crank right up to "full strength" dosing & you don't want to end up in the E.R... where they really won't know what to do with you anyhow.

ALSO... As you've been on this inadequate dosing of "doxy" (in the opinion of *most* familiar with the treatment of Lyme anyhow), you likely have a backlog of the "L-form" of the borrelia throughout your body now.

This is because the Lyme 'ketes can morph into other forms to avoid the effects of the antibiotic if exposed at lower levels; serum (blood) levels that are considered "bacteriostatic" rather than "bacteriocidal".
Consequently, you really should add a "cyst-buster"- like Flagyl- into your protocol to deal with these other forms.

As far as your "1st herx"... if you DO have late-stage (disseminated) Lyme, you likey already *had* your first herx... back ~2 months ago. And, yes, it can leave you very fatigued & feeling like S#!%. Part of getting well, unfortunately.

Good luck with your new LLMD & give her a chance!

Posts: 1233 | From Dover, NH | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement