LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Hot Bath

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hot Bath
Lymedin2010
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For how long do you soak in hot water & how hot do you make it? Have you ever checked your body temp before getting out, what induced fever did you get? I can get mine typically to 102 & have reached 103 at one point.

The hotter I get, the dizzier I get & the more my heart beats. I believe this happens in general when you increase body temp. Have you found this to get better or the same as your symptoms improved?

Something interesting that I discovered via microscopy. After 2 days of soaking 2x a day, I found spirochetes in the WBC's. I had found numerous ones coming out of RBC's since the HOURS I have spent looking at them.

I had never seen one come out of WBC, until now. And it's not just one, there are soooo many that come out. At times 6 or 8 & a bunch of cysts as well.

I don't know why the WBC's have not killed them, it seams like the spiro's have hijacked them! Maybe they were engulfed & they remain in the WBC's.

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dragon08
Member # 38621

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dragon08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what is RBC AND WBC. I TAKE A JACUZZI SOAK FOR A HALF HOUR A FEW DAYS A WEEK SEEMS TO HELP READ ON ANOTHER SITE . THAT THE SPIROCETTS DO NOT LIKE IT .. (FEVER THERAPY)..
Posts: 10 | From montague massachusetts | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Red blood cell and white blood cells.
Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dragon08
Member # 38621

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dragon08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank You.. duh.
Posts: 10 | From montague massachusetts | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that the WBCs are doing their job or that they are not doing their job? Is this a bad result or a good result? Sorry, I'm a bit slow today.
Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

I am not sure what to make of it.

If I had to postulate, I would say the heat has caused them to exit certain tissue and be exposed in the plasma fluid. There they are picked up by the WBC's, but they have somehow lost the ability to kill them in the WBC's.

I am Vit D deficient and when I take Vit D in large quantities, I get a herx like response. I get burning and pains in spots that I would not normally get and I just don't feel well. Maybe Vit D is needed to trigger the immune response, since right now there does not appear to be any.

All the ABX seems to sequester the bacteria in the cells, where they are unaffected by my long term ABX usage. In fact they have expanded and grown under the protection of my very own cells.

glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Curious...What happens after salt/c or antiparasitics? Are the ketes affected? Have U seen any parasites under the microscope?

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

At the very beginning I saw the mites pictured on Lymephotos, but they were rare and sparse. I do not see them anymore after the first few months of ABX treatment.
http://lymephotos.com/mites/index.html

With Salt C I did not see as many in the blood and I thought I was finally killing them. Instead I think they went for deeper tissue.

I felt my heart, head, and neurons mostly affected, with so much tremors and vibrations. To the point of not being able to bare it and feeling like I am regressing. I still remain with the newly formed or more attenuated symptoms after the salt c. I took another break from it now after being on it one month.

Tremors have died down drastically after stopping SC w/parasitics though. Before salt C and parasitics, I did not have major tremors or heart disturbances.

I have identified them as Borrelia Afzelii. I also feel whatever was in me has grown in size. What started as small and "cute" twitches are now disturbing twitches and movement. Vibrations and tremors, bubbling and gurgling. Some of the Borrelia are so long now & have grown in length.

Some are pearly, like a line with strings, which I believe are in the process of breaking up into tiny pearl cysts. I also see larger objects, as if they were the String like Borrelia curled up ever so cleverly. I see L shaped and dumbbell shaped ones too, of various sizes.

It all makes more sense now. When I stop Doxy and hit with Amoxi in the past, I feel like my blood is filled with something. I would have more head and neck pressures. Can't sit up reclined without increased head and neck pressures, sitting is worst, and sitting with legs crossed would be unbearable when at this stage.

Can't cross my arms or legs without numbness and pain when off Doxy.

terv
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for terv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If I had to postulate, I would say the heat has caused them to exit certain tissue and be exposed in the plasma fluid. There they are picked up by the WBC's, but they have somehow lost the ability to kill them in the WBC's.
If one were on abx, why wouldnt the abx kill it when it exits the tissue and is in the plasma? You are light years beyond me in understanding this stuff.

I feel really bad during and after taking a hot bath. The next day everything aches. I was wondering if I was making the lyme worse or if it was a herx. However I don't understand how a hot bath could induce a herx.

Posts: 833 | From Somewhere | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
This is for the majority of readers:

Some can handle heat (and they already know who they are) but most with lyme cannot and it can actually cause all kinds of setbacks, even damage. So . . . unless you KNOW you can handle high heat, just don't do it.

Q: For how long do you soak in hot water?

No time at all.

Q: How hot do you make it?

Not hot at all. Why not? Explained here:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=120095;p=0

AVOID HOT BATHS. Here's why.

Toasty, cozy WARM is the way to go for most. Here's why.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Reason it may not kill it is because the ABX do not readily enter the cells & is one of the bigger problems with Lyme.

That is why Babesia takes so long to kill, you have to wait for your RBC to naturally die off & release babs into the bloodstream. Then it can be killed off by ABX.

Keebler, I know this is not for all. I am desperate & this has worked for TF & Wild Condor, Maryland Mom, & Tom Grier. Some of the few who were chronically sick & used the hot baths in conjunction with other protocols.

I tried to take video of this, but I had to do it with my camera hovered over the microscope. I don't have a microscope video cam yet, so it looks a bit horrible. Once you click on the link, expand the video full screen.

Look at the fine, hair like structures exhiting the ruptured WBC & squirming like worms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA2KyvI30p4&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ubeCrMkeKA&feature=youtu.be

debilyn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for debilyn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, if it is true that the WBC won't/can't kill the spirochetes and they're being protected from abx by the body/tissues,

how do you kill them? Will you take a specific killer/abx/herb/combo while they are out in your blood stream?

What's your next step?

Posts: 331 | From West Coast | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Honestly, I don't know. I have taken so many things already & I don't get much consistant herxing. More like daily migrating symptoms & everything has just gotten worst over time.

My blood & the number of Borrelia shows this decline over time. Each few months is worst than the last few.

I think since I have so many in my blood stream, I can consider rifing. I can't imagine the rest of my tissues & this also explains the migratory symptoms. These things are EVERYWHERE and in so many different forms.

Do you want to know another really odd thing. I have checked the blood of others & everyone in my family & indirect family has them. I am the only one who has an extensive amount & growing in numbers with time.

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Does anyone know how I can have their DNA tested & confirm the exact species?

I have not been tested since Dec 2010, where I only showed 2 bands. 41 IGM & 31 IGG.

Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Lymedin2010,

Thanks for noting that "this has worked for TF & Wild Condor, Maryland Mom, & Tom Grier" (end quote).

I wonder (really just normal voice here, wondering) as you've researched this, do you have links from all of those to detail exactly HOW they did this?

For myself, I'd like to see but also, just to know as I try to protect others from some of the same disasters I've had with heat and if there is some method that has worked for others, it would be so great to have direct sources links to the specifics that others have employed.

And, since you've already gathered the research and compared their notes, it would save me tons of hours trying to find this on my own.

Thanks so much - if you can post all their "hot bath links"

I would add, still, that it would be essential to have in place first:

myelin sheath support to protect nerves from heat

heart, liver and adrenal support, too (as all those organs can be stressed from heat).

Good luck with your endeavor.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Can't seem to find Maryland Mom's, but here are the others:

Wild Condor:
http://www.wildcondor.com/lyme.html
"I also did hot bath treatments before and after each dive. "

http://lookingatlyme.blogspot.com/2010/09/elusive-infection-especially-if-you.html

"This is because the immune system has suppressed or eliminated the bacteria, or exposure to severe heat like saunas has killed the heat labile organism.

(Borrelia cannot tolerate temperatures above 108 F for more than 20 minutes.

But to get our core temperature and brain to that temperature would kill us, so all we can do is use heat as an adjunct to kill the bacteria in our skin and help deliver more antibiotic deeper because of vasodilatation of blood vessels.

This was done to treat Syphilis, and when penicillin came out commercially in the mid 1940s, hot springs across the nation went out of business.

See Dr. Bundeson in the book by: DeKruif, Paul: Life among the Doctors. Pp140-168"

"took hot epsom salts baths on really terrible days during treatment in order to help me detox. I stayed in the hot water for at least an hour, then got out and went right to bed feeling very limp. These are for detox purposes, not for temperature. And, you have to drink a quart of warm water while you are in the water for an hour so that you don't dehydrate yourself."

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymedin2010,
I wonder what would happen if you used rife?

Are you taking supplements to support your immune system?

Sorry, I'm not much help.

Posts: 2260 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you speak to Wildcondor personally about the hotbaths?

I did speak with Wildcondor extensively (thank you so much if you happen to read this!) when considering HBOT and later through the treatment process.

I don't want to speak for her but it was made clear to me that her treatment success was through the combination of HBOT and IV antibiotics. She did not once recommend HOT fever baths to me. She did recommend various detox support which I was already following from my doctor.

When I talked with her last, she recommended maintaining HBOT progress/success with maintenance dives. Again, no fever baths.

It's too bad that she is no longer a member here. She was a wonderful help.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Lymedin2010,

Thanks for some of that detail. I can't read through it all now but, in reading quite a bit, really can't formulate a concise reply.

I know that Tom Grier's work is usually excellent. But, as I recall, it was not heat, per se, that made the most difference for him, either, but a particular antibiotic from Canada.

I'm not sure if he would still recommend heat today -- but, even if so, HIS body, HIS tolerance to heat seems to be very rare among those with lyme.

I have to stand by my cautions, however. Not just in my multiple disasters with heat (before I finally figured it out) . . . but from others' accounts, too much heat can be very dangerous, indeed. Be very, very careful.

I lost all leg function for a week at one time from a hot bath. Another year, a long (not all that hot, I thought) hot tube soak, landed me in bed for months. But I did not make that connection for a long time.

I'd push heat, it felt good at the time so I was thinking hot baths had to be good for me and I just needed to deal with it. My legs would often just give way after a hot bath . . I'd pass out even hours after getting out. My leg function was like jell-o for days. Finally, I connected the dots.

Even for those who previously could tolerate a lot of heat, that can change with lyme so it's good to keep that in mind, just in case. Take it easy.
-

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Manname, I am trying to find somebody in NY/NJ so we can trade services for rifing vs blood microscopy . �It would be such an advantage to see the buggers affected by a certain frequency. �I have even ordered a vid cam for the scope now and I would post the vids on here for all to see.

I take B12 on occassions. �I am so confused about MG and Vit D, don't know whether to take or not....will it feed the bacteria or not?

Sammy, I would love to speak to Wild Condor. �As much information as she has provided in her story, there are still some questions. �I actually sent her an email a few weeks ago, but she has not responded. �I am sure she is very busy. �A healthier life can mean a very busy one.

Keebler, I understand not everyone is affected the same way. �That's what makes this disease so damn unbearable on so many levels, there is no cookie cutter protocols. �I know once you have an experience with Lyme you want to share, help, and warn others.

Tom Grier had taken 3 years of ABX and his very last symptom was head pressures and head related symptoms. �That did not resolve until he got Rulide brand ABX from Mexico. �To this day he still has atrial fibrillation and extreme tiredness and fatigue, but nothing else. �I think a good trade off for being at the brink of death?

I think his remaining symptoms are viral in nature.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement