LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Four Antibiotics & Levaquin?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Four Antibiotics & Levaquin?
pooldog71
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pooldog71     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone been prescribed 4 different ABX to be taken at the same time? This seems unusual to me & I am not feeling confident that I can handle it.

I am currently taking Amoxicillin, Rifampin, and Flagyl. I am scheduled to add Levaquin soon.

I am pulsing the Flagyl in 2 week cycles. When I am off the Flagyl I have been feeling pretty good, which is something new for me, but when I am taking the Flagyl the symptoms are much more intense.

Now to add Levaquin? Besides the typical tendon and eye issues with Levaquin, I also have a drug interaction conflict with Amytriptyline.

The potential problem is that the combo could cause the risk of a dangerous change in heartbeat or heart rhythm. The Docs response was to get an EKG before starting the drug and another if I start noticing any changes to the heart.

These issues along with already taking 3 other ABX, are causing me to re-consider the Levaquin.

Am I being a sissy or are my concerns a valid reason to not take the Levaquin?

I am just starting my 3rd year of treatment, always taking 2-3 different ABX and the multitude of supps.

I thank you for any help and guidance you can offer.

Posts: 164 | From California | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RZR
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I currently take Levaquin, Doxy, Malarone, and pulse Tindamax.

I have been on Levaquin for 1 month with no problems.

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RC1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RC1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am doing 5. It is working. I, like you, feel like it's an awful lot. But I have been feeling better than ever. My bad days I'm about 80% my good ones I'm at 95%. I feel like I'm pretty close to being done.

If your body can handle it is the question. I tried to do Levaquin a couple of months ago and my Achilles was aching. My LLMD didn't want to take any chances with my tendons so he had me go off.

It seems like Levaquin is the ticket to getting rid of Bart. I wish I could have done that one.

Posts: 845 | From Northeast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm on 5 plus herbs. Oh, and pulsing an antifungal. Doing great.

It is a lot. My herxes are intense, but brief. When not herxing, I feel pretty good.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of us do more. When it comes to abx, the more aggressive the better, if you can tolerate.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooldog71
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pooldog71     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the responses. I am surprised people are taking more than 3 ABX, didn't know it was common.

I am still not confident about the drug interaction I mentioned above, but will check with the pharmacist.

Posts: 164 | From California | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement