LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to General Support.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » URGENT -- Prayers Needed -- 10/1 Update on page 3 (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: URGENT -- Prayers Needed -- 10/1 Update on page 3
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Praise God!! Keep it up, STEVE!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post 
Go Steve and Bea!!!!

Steve, keep proving the Dr's wrong! Your life isn't in their hands, it never was, it's in God's hands and He still has great plans for you.

Bea, way to keep advocating for your husband!...I don't know where you get your strength but I am in awe.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will be praying for Steve and Bea. May you feel His presence and power.
Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For Bea and Steve...be blessed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFC76Z_2oC4

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So glad to hear that things are looking up! We will keep the prayers coming!

a mom, the hospital address you have listed is different than the one I sent the card to last week.

Has something changed? I hope the card made it to the right place.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is what Bea had posted on the other thread:

Attn: Stephen Seibert
Carilion Clinic
P.O. Box 13367
Roanoke, VA 24033

At least the PO box and city are the same.

compare to:

Roanoke Memorial Hospital
- for Steve Seibert
P.O. Box 13367
Roanoke
VA 24033

????????

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Either address is ok.

Several years ago Carilion bought Roanoke Memorial Hospital and also Community Hospital in Roanoke. They basically closed Community Hospital except for some clinics I think and expanded Roanoke Memorial.

Carilion owns quite a few hospitals in Southwest Virginia and maybe a couple in Southern West Virginia as well. A couple of years ago they started a new medical school as a joint venture with Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Virginia. Some of the nurses told me they thought there were only 12 students enrolled in the medical school but not sure if that number is correct.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Update Monday October 1, 2012

Prayers have been answered.

I.D. sent a new doc � an older gentleman who actually listened and thoroughly reviewed Steve�s chart. Will post more details tomorrow if they follow thru on their promises.

Also on an encouraging note � Steve�s WBC is back down to 21,000 and he has not had any fever or heart rate issues today. Still considered to be in critical condition for now.

The new I.D. doc was still trying to say Steve never had Lyme since he has never had a positive Western Blot. I asked him how he would explain his SPECT scans. He said he hadn�t seen those pictures, but would look at them tomorrow.

I am trying really hard to get along with the docs as they are the only ones Steve has right now (my sister's advice), but that doesn�t mean they can just pick and choose which tests to believe especially when they don�t even understand the tests to begin with.

They have agreed to send a PCR test to Clongen for Babesia Duncani.

Thanks so much to those who have sent gifts via paypal. Hopefully later this week I can get around to posting a few links that can help you in return.

Steve got a couple of really cute cards from some kids in Kentucky today. Anna tell your kids thanks. The one that says not to be afraid because he sends his angels to protect you is very appropriate.

Steve likes to tell the story about how his dad helped him get over being afraid of spooks at night. At first his parents would come into his room and look under his bed and in the closet etc. Then after doing that for awhile his dad put a chair in the corner of his room. He told Steve that when he woke up at night to look over at that chair. That his guardian angel was there and would watch out for him.

Steve was around 3 years old I think he said. He wanted to know how his guardian angel would chase away the spooks. His dad told him that his guardian angel was 10 feet tall and had a name he couldn�t pronounce. He told him his angel would draw a flaming sword to chase away the spooks. After that he wasn�t afraid of the dark any more.

One of the 2 gentlemen I met on the hospital ethics committee came by Steve�s room today. He said he would be back to check on him every day. He is 91 years old and is a retired surgeon I think he said. He apparently has a very keen mind and uses the internet. I gave him a copy of the flashdrive with Steve�s phase contrast microscope pictures. Actually I sent a copy of that to Dr Kilani at Clongen Lab as well. Was told Dr Kilani was going to write a report on it which I can�t wait to see.

As long as Steve is here I am going to do all I can to educate the docs and nurses about tickborne diseases. After all Steve has been through that is the least I can do.

Some of the nurses even told me they are praying that Steve pulls thru this.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

I want to send out a special thank you to all those working behind the scenes on Steve's behalf. All of us pulling together really can work miracles.

Bea Seibert

Winni
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36772

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Winni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bea, I am so glad to hear that the Dr.'s may be opening their minds a little and are listening.. even if they only hear everyother word, it is something. Good luck tomorrow with the new ID doctor. Love and Prayers!

--------------------
Winni

Posts: 150 | From Nebraska | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks so much for taking the time to update us Bea. You must be absolutely exhausted. As far as guardian angels go, YOU are Steve's guardian angel and he is very blessed to have you.
Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

LymeCFIDS -- Interesting point about the niacin. Steve took that for probably 6 months or longer last summer. He did not even flush until he got to 300 mg per dose I think it was. He did 500 mg 2 or 3 times daily for several months.

But then he tried arginine and felt that that was much more helpful for increased bloodflow to the brain.

He probably should have stayed on the niacin, but he did stay on the b complex at 100 or 200 mg daily -- was actually taking that with the niacin as well because too much of a single b vitamin without the others can cause problems.

Bea Seibert

Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's no question God's hand is in this. You and Steve are so strong and brave.... in the face of all the resistance. It would be wonderful for this experience to leave a lasting impression with all of the doctors and nurses, so that they may become better informed about the truth of Lyme and the devastating co-infections. You are a wonderful teacher. I pray these docs open their minds so they can learn.
Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
a mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23920

Icon 1 posted      Profile for a mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bea,

Your friend from TX wanted you to have this link:

http://tinyurl.com/9az6fbx

http://preview.tinyurl.com/9az6fbx

It's from Dr. Aucott's Slice Study

Posts: 124 | From Maryland, USA | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Praise God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds very encouraging, Bea!!

Steve's guardian angel is still right there with him.

I am so proud of you, Bea, for all that you persevere through, and yet you keep moving forward in steadfast faith.

2 Corinthians 5:7(NIV)

7 For we live by faith, not by sight.

--------------------

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Bea, this is thrilling that he is doing slightly better and that things are opening up slightly with the drs.

With his guardian angel that he grew up with, with you as his guardian angel, and with all of the people that are praying for him, what can't be accomplished??

Love and prayers. May you both prevail triumphantly!

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Readytogetbetter
Member # 38763

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Readytogetbetter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bea, new to lyme myself and following your journey with Steve recently. Wow.... so many positive thoughts coming your way. The love of family, friends and god is amazing! Be strong. Thinking about you both.
Posts: 6 | From FL | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bea, you are just amazing. What a great wife and and advocate you are for you beloved husband.

And what a great example you are to so many here of honoring your marriage vows - through sickness and in health.

You both remain in my prayers. And I continue to request the intercession of the saints on your behalf.

God Bless you both.

Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FuzzySlippers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FuzzySlippers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All praise and Glory to God!

Bea, thank you for taking the time to keep us up-to-date. It really helps us keep our prayers for Steve current.

I must admit, I am feeling quite strongly that you should write a book once Steve is better. I can't think of a better or more credible person than you to provide the much-needed edification to Doctors as well as the rest of the world.

Since they have told you that Steve is not in a coma, and can respond to stimuli, and you've stated that playing his classical music for him and reading him the cards which have been sent help him, you tell Steve from his friends here at Lymenet this:

When he's not strong enough or able to pray, we'll pray for him. And if Steve is still frustrated from not being able to speak with God directly, tell him that St. Francis de Sales of France once said, "Lord let me make my sickness itself a prayer to you for now."

And, Bea, I came across this prayer awhile ago and I immediately thought of you:

Heavenly Father,
I am in need tonight -
so weary I can hardly think
or pray aright;
but you have known the toil,
the grief, the strain
of human suffering,
and felt the pain
of utter weariness --
the sting of tears, fatigue --
and so you know my need.

I have no words to say,
but in my heart
I pray in Jesus' name.

Prayers will be continuing for you both. Steve has got to be the luckiest guy on the planet to have you for a loving wife, Bea.

Go, Bea, GO!

Hugs from Fuzzy

Posts: 503 | From Maryland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some wonderful news to read there!
Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RZR
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Jesus!

Sounds like prayers are being answered!

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane2904
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks so much for the update.

Continue to keep you both in our thoughts and prayers.

Bea, you are truly an Angel.

Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Member # 110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bea, it is so good to hear some encouraging news.

It sounds like the retired surgeon from the ethics committee is a good person to have on your side.

I continue to pray, and I hope things keep improving.

Posts: 4681 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

I have also been thinking in the last week that Bea should write a book about Steve's struggle with tick-borne diseases when he recovers.

Praying this morning for new enlightenment for the Dr's and some wisdom from the 91 yr old retired surgeon, along with healing, comfort and peace for Steve and Bea.

--------------------

linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bea is my hero.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AuntyLynn
Member # 35938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AuntyLynn         Edit/Delete Post 
Bea -

That is so encouraging that these docs finally agreed to do the Clongen duncani test! After TEN days??! Looks like they are starting to admit their own defeat, and beginning to listen to you! [Smile] Well done!

Also, it sounds as though you may have an advocate in that retired ID doc - one of heaven's angels? I pray that is so!

Thanks so much for sharing Steve's progress with us - we pray for him without ceasing ... and we rejoice with you when there is reason to hope.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow
Praise Him all creatures here below
Praise Him above ye heavenly host
Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost!

Posts: 1432 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is very encouraging new and I am very glad to hear it.. Steve had wonderful parents and now he has you. He is a very lucky person in spite of his illness. You are in my thoughts and prayers everyday.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philly78
Member # 31069

Icon 1 posted      Profile for philly78     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are such a wonderful person Bea! I'm glad to read some positive news. We're still praying for you guys here!

--------------------
When faced with pain you have two choices....either quit and accept the circumstances, OR make the decision to fight with all the resources you have at your disposal.

Posts: 1000 | From PA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any chance of getting them to send several vials of blood to Clongen, maybe increase the chances that the PCR will find something? As you know, there are false negative PCRs because the pathogen was not in that particular sample.
Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Tammy N.:
There's no question God's hand is in this.

-
Amen to that one!! So encouraging, Bea!

PS.. I loved the Guardian Angel Story!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Bea and Steve,

I've been praying all along with everyone else that Almighty God heal Steve and give you strength to continue fighting for him. It is so good to read that things are finally looking up for the both of you!

Without getting into specifics, I can identify with many of the things you have experienced. We fight for our loved ones, be they children, spouses, etc., not only because we love them, but also because there's NO ONE out there to guide us every step of the way with this awful disease!

I wanted to share a verse of Scripture that I find very comforting and hope you will too:

"I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth." Psalm 121:1

He has always been there and brought us through terrible times!

May you also find strength and comfort in the words from the song, "Praise You in This Storm" by Casting Crowns. It brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it.

"And I'll praise You in the storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in the storm."

View it here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHdcyue0bSw

Bea, you have helped so many others, now may we continue to help you (& Steve, of course!) as well as hold you up in prayer.

God bless you both.

Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
may I ask what Bea's and steve's age is? It would
Help us older patients to know that we can still fight this.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeMECFSMCS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeMECFSMCS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bea, first of all, congrats on the TRIUMPH of getting the docs to do the CLongen test for b. duncani. Steve's course is so much like mine that just from a gut perspective (and from the research) it sure seems like b. duncani is the cause of the ARDS.

On the nitric oxide front, I had a thought last night that maybe that is why Hulda Clark uses very huge doses of CoQ10 to kill liver flukes -- that is, maybe it's antiparasitic by increasing nitric oxdie somehow.

It turns out I was right -- it can decrease the (bad) proinflammatory NO and increase the (good) endothelial NO, which has to do with breathing, microcirculatory issues, etc.

http://www.wellnessresources.com/health/articles/coenzyme_q10_improves_circulation_by_helping_enos/

I just thought I'd mention it -- another thing worth looking into. since you mentioned the NO seems like a helpful strategy for killing b. duncani (and helped me too in a similar state, when near death from b. duncani, when I took nitroglycerin tabs that convert to NO in the body).

Posts: 929 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
moving to general support

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement