LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » igenex + with vax history

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: igenex + with vax history
zanchin.mama
Member # 39115

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zanchin.mama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello-
This is my first time posting. I recently got tested through IGeneX and I had the following results:
IgM Igenex negative
**39 IND
**41 +
66 +

IgG Igenex positive
**31 ++
**41 +
45 +
58 +

I am seeing a naturopath who is ILADS/lyme literate. She is hesitating on diagnosing me with lyme because I believe I had one dose of the Lymerix vaccine in 2001 (can't find confirmation of this in my records). It was a three dose series. The vaccine would make my 31 band light up, although I don't know for how long.

My CD57 through Labcorp was 44.

My primary symptoms are fatigue, exercise intolerance, intense menstrual cycles recently, occasional palps, occasional tingling in fingers and toes, occasionally stiffness in the base of my neck. I live in an endemic area and have had multiple tick bites in my lifetime.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Posts: 4 | From NH | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even without Band 31 you have many Lyme specific bands, not to mention Lyme SYMPTOMS!

Western Blot Explanation
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/42077

"The significant antibodies, in my opinion, are the 18, 23-25, 28, 30, 31, 34, 39, 58, 66 and 93." -- Dr C of MO as stated in the link above---

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amk33
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amk33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why not try and have your doctor give you the antibiotic challenge, then retest?

I also had the vaccine (2 doses), and have lyme. Unfortunately, it has been treatment resistant so far.

Odd thing is that on some later WB's, 31 has been negative for me.

Posts: 418 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zanchin.mama
Member # 39115

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zanchin.mama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A 30 day antibiotic or antimicrobial herb challenge/retest is on my list to consider, but for now, she is addressing my adrenal dysregulation and helping me through my mercury amalgam removals. I have yet to hear back about Igenex's opinion.

Thanks for your response!

Posts: 4 | From NH | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stay on top of it!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amk33
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amk33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think your CD57 is indicative of lyme, not to mention the fact that you had all those tick bites. Chances are pretty high that one of the ticks would have lyme and coinfections.

I believe that my adrenal problems have been a result of lyme. I have tried natural adrenal treatments, but nothing has helped because it's not getting to the root of the problem (lyme and co.).

Maybe you talk the naturopath into doing a trial treatment of lyme to see if you have any herx reaction? Maybe teasel or Cowden herbs?

Posts: 418 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhitneyS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhitneyS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would get your body ready for treatment by getting your adrenals under control, working on your hormones and general detox.

Then I'd start abx, provoke for a retest. You may not feel a sense of urgency if your symptoms aren't severe, so lets keep it that way!

Also, this is a life changing thing-- always get a second opinion, I'd see an LLMD too and see what they think.

Posts: 844 | From CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zanchin.mama
Member # 39115

Thanks for the additional responses.

My naturopath was recommended by TBDI, the local lyme support group, and several friends and she is seen as a local lyme expert and has a wide scope of service in NH (compared to some states). Herbs are a specialty as well. Do you recommend that I see a lyme literate MD vs. naturopath?

I have been on an herb blend from her for a few weeks and feel terrific. Per her recommendation, I also added several supplements and kept up my paleo/traditional foods/gluten free diet. I also had several amalgams removed a few weeks ago. Plus I've been working with a chiro for a few months as well, with stretching exercises.

Anyway, I say all this because I feel better. That isn't to say that I don't have lyme, but she is wondering whether my issue is primarily one of metal toxicity. I am leaning towards waiting on the 30 day challenge. If nothing else, I would want my body to be as healthy as it can be before treatment (as WhitneyS mentioned). Are there other things I should consider?

Still have not heard back about Igenex, but hopefully next week.

zanchin.mama
Member # 39115

The naturopath is willing to do a 30 day trial, either of antimicrobial herbs or antibiotics.

Also, I was considering taking my labs to my family doc, who is lyme friendly. She was helping me with the adrenal fatigue but I wanted more direction with the herbs (hence the naturopath visits). I believe the closet lyme literate medical doctor is scheduling several months out, but I will consider it if you think that makes sense. When I consulted the local support group leader, his sense was that several of local ND's were good choices.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

If you're feeling great, then there is no need for an LLMD....??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement