LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » could periodontal disease cause these brain fog symptoms i have

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: could periodontal disease cause these brain fog symptoms i have
derk diggler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for derk diggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have been diagnosed with severe periodontal disease which are oral spirochetes, could it mimic lyme and cause my severe 3 year chronic brain fog, any suggestions

--------------------
+++++++
do i have lyme, please comment, derealisation,anxiety,floaters,hypertension,tinnitus,dizziness,minor aches,igenix results,igm,**83-93ind,igg**41++ what do u think,please comment

Posts: 195 | From california | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
First, about the 3 year brain fog: very common with lyme, itself. And, it can take years to conquer with a full aggressive and combination approach.

When lyme is fully addressed, that should also work for the mouth (and also with topical care). But, if you are getting full treatment for lyme and your mouth still suffers, some part of your treatment plan may not be working.

Yes, oral infections CAN cause brain inflammation (and that causes brain fog, etc). Infection can move through the nasal passageway up to the brain.

Mouth infections can also move quickly to the heart when the mouth may bleed.

However, chances are these mouth infections are not mimicing lyme but working alongside lyme.

Spirochetes certainly do attack the mouth but they don't just stay there.

And, one can have MANY different strains of spirochetal infection at the same time.

Most likely, you have been dealing with lyme AND the oral counterparts. But lyme, itself, often attacks the mouth tissue whether alone or with other infections.

It's not so that the mouth makes the body ill as the the mouth ALSO gets ill and may show more visibly than other infected body systems.

A ill mouth cannot exist on its own but once it's flaming away with infection & inflammation, needs direct and systemic attention to all detail of infection treatment and support.

Even if a different spirochete than borrelia b., your LLMD is the best guidance for your systemic treatment. It must address the full body.

AND it must be assertive & consistent - for long enough (could be years), as in Burrascano's combination treatment approach - with support, too.

Parasites and heavy metals also need consideration.
-

[ 10-10-2012, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
http://www.curetoothdecay.com

Cure Tooth Decay: Remineralize Your Teeth Naturally with Good Food � by Ramiel Nagel

250 pages, about $30.

http://www.lymebook.com/silent-saboteurs-nordquist-krutchkoff

The Silent Saboteurs: Unmasking Our Own Oral Spirochetes As The Key To Saving TRILLIONS in Health Care Costs

-by William D. Nordquist, BS, DMD, MS

& David J. Krutchkoff, DDS, MS

236 Pages, $25.95

---------------------
Type the names of both authors in the book section at Amazon to see their other titles and reader reviews.

You can also LOOK INSIDE some of their books
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
RIFE can be helpful for systemic & mouth treatments.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=117755;p=0

Topic: RIFE Machine - Reference LINKS
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
PROBIOTICS treatment directly to the tissue of the mouth is also a key part of treatment. As with stomach treatment, keep separate from abx by a couple hours both direction of the clock.

Some dentists used to treat mouth infections with a very low dose doxycycline.
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
WATERPIK use after each meal is very helpful.

http://www.auromere.com/Dental_Care-Mouthwash.html

Auromere Ayurvedic Mouthwash

http://www.iherb.com/NutriBiotic-GSE-Liquid-Concentrate-Grapefruit-Seed-Extract-2-fl-oz-59-ml/4211

NutriBiotic, GSE Liquid Concentrate, Grapefruit Seed Extract - DROPS

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=030549;p=0

OLIVE LEAF EXTRACT - LINKS
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Some with oral mucosa issues also have "Burning Mouth"

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=119079;p=0

Topic: Burning Mouth - with LINKS for what helps
-

Lymedin2010
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although I brushed, I had bleeding gums for years & even prior to my headaaches. Headaches got worst & worst VERY gradually and over years. Over 9 years I would say. It got so bad that I could not walk very far, due to the severe pressure.

I could not even stand long enough to take a shower & had to take a shower laying down in the tub.

During this one teeth cleaning with a NEW dentist, the lady applied some bitter chemical to my teeth & gums. I did not know it at the time she put this on me, but after that my gums stopped bleeding & never came back some 3-4 years since it was done.

I never did find out what was given to me, but I just may inquire during my next visit.

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Lymedin2010,

Would you please call them today? I would like to know ASAP what they used. Please, pretty please, would you call them?

As you say "the lady" and not the "dentist" I'm thinking it may have been the dental hygienist. It should be in your chart. All they have to do is look there.

For my own bleeding gums repair, it helps when I brush with Seed-A-Dent (a grapefruit seed extract BLEND with herbs). But it's no longer being made and none available anywhere (I just bought the last 7 I could find).

However, the closest thing that I can find (though have not yet bought) is this:

NutriBiotic, GSE Liquid Concentrate, Grapefruit Seed Extract - DROPS
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
CarolinPA just reminded me of this. Be sure to read the customer reviews. Two report help with gums.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G7QZZ0/

Boiron Homeopathic Medicine Borax, 30C Pellets
-

lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymedin2010,

I'd like to know what that was as well.

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have HORRIBLE dental issues. I've lost 2 teeth so far. I feel a major concentration of pain in my right jaw. I get bad pain there. Incidentally, this is also the side on which I have a horrible clogged ear.

I need desperately to get to the bottom of this. I feel like if I could get that section of my head under control, I may turn another corner. Would love to hear more on the subject.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
I'm going to order the Oral Spirochete book soon. Just received the other one yesterday.

A sample chapter from the Oral Spirochete book, link in a post way above.

http://www.lymebook.com/ss-sample-chapter.pdf

Chapter 1 - the common denominator (23 pages)
-

RC1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RC1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too have peridontal problems. Had gum surgery about 15 years ago. My periodontist said that he had never seen any one my age, I was 31 at the time, with their teeth in such good shape with such bad gums.

He tested me for cancer, diabetes, and some other things too. Everything came back negative. Looking back on it now, at the time I was working in a moldy building. I think it was the reason I ended up with the gum infection. I think my immune system was suppressed from the mold. I have the bad genes for mold. Lyme too for that matter.

Anyway fast forward to today, I still go to my periodontist. My gum disease has been in remission for a long time now, even prior to all the abx for Lyme.

This is how I did it. First I brush with a regular toothbrush, teeth, gums, and tongue. Then floss with a non waxed floss (better for stains) then use the Sonicare for a full 2 minutes. Once a week or so I do a half and half solution of hydrogen peroxide and water mouthwash.

They tell me at the perio's office that they have never seen anyone with such a low plaque % as me. Less than 2%.

Posts: 845 | From Northeast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Sonicare has a new sensitive toothbrush refill that my sensitive gums like much better than the regular bristle. See Amazon for that.

I also brush, then floss (Dessert Essence Tea Tree Floss) and brush again. And lots of swishing at all stages.

A waterpik is good to use just not at such a high pressure as to break tissue to the bleeding point (as can easily happen).

Can't use H2O2 as my mouth burns too much but the idea is to use an anti-infective agent.

Auromere's mouthwash is pretty gentle for those needing such or the GSE formula. NEVER use GSE ALONE. It's way too strong.
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Important:

SWISH & SPIT with plain water often during the day. Especially after eating anything or drinking anything other than water or plain tea.

WAIT 30 minutes to brush after food or any drink with citric acid in it (such as lemon water) or (gasp!) sugar.

SWISH & SPIT water right afterward but wait another half hour before brushing.

Always swish pure water after lemon water.

Then you can put a little coconut oil in your mouth and let it be for a while.
-

nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peridontal disease is connected to bad circulation and build up of plaque. Most patients with lyme have poor circulation from hyper coagulation. This is related to the biofilm that builds up in our blood. The plaque on your teeth is biofilm

Poor circulation reduces oxygen, including the oxygen to your brain. I makes it harder for medication to penetrate deeply into the tissue and it also makes it harder to detox.

You need to address the circulation problem. Co enzyme Q10 is very good for periodontal disease as well as your heart. Lumbrokinase and boluoke are good for hypercoagulation. Hawthorn berry and the Chinese herb Jiaogulan help increase circulation. Jiaogulan promotes nitric oxide which open capillaries.

The sweetener, Xylitol, is recommended by dentist to destroy plaque. You can buy it in gum or get it from the health food store in bulk. It is not artificial although the name sounds very chemical. It is actually made from birch trees. The glycemic index is very low so it will not cause yeast.

Protomyxzoa promotes biofilm production. The biofilm grows 100 times faster with lipids and arginine so a low fat vegan diet (whole foods) is recommended. Tooth pain is very common with protomyxzoa. I had a lot of cavities before I starting treating it.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pam08
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pam08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone experienced gum regrowth? My gums have receded a large amount. Just wondering if there is any chance of regrowth. I have read that it isn't possible but then I have also read that it is...so not sure what to think about that.

--------------------
Sick since 10/2001. Tested CDC positive for Lyme 10/2008 through Quest and Igenex. Started treatment 1/2009 with LLMD. Lyme, Erichilosis, Chlamydophila Pneumoniae, Q Fever, Strep Syndrome and probably a few others I am forgetting.

Posts: 451 | From Virginia | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Member # 10044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stymielymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gel may have been a tetracycline gel
This is used often for periodontal disease.
Scaling and root planing is also necessary to remove and smooth root surface so that gum tissue can reattach to tooth surface.
Docdave

Posts: 1820 | From Boone and Southport, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Member # 10044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stymielymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.umm.edu/patiented/articles/how_antibiotics_being_used_long-term_prevention_of_periodontal_disease_000024_9.htm

Docdave

Posts: 1820 | From Boone and Southport, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Member # 10044

http://www.umm.edu/patiented/articles/how_antibiotics_being_used_long-term_prevention_of_periodontal_disease_000024_9.htm

Docdave

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement