LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Steve Seibert -- Memorial Details

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Steve Seibert -- Memorial Details
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Putting this in a separate post.

Visitation from 6:00 - 9:00 p.m. on Saturday

Roach Funeral Home
708 Braxton St
Gassaway, WV 26624
Ph: 304-364-2231
www.roachfuneralhome.com

Obituary with guest book should be online in a few days at the site above

Funeral 2:00 p.m. Sunday

Rosedale Baptist Church
7457 Rosedale Rd
Rosedale, WV 26636

Church where Bea & Steve were married -- 20th wedding anniversary (Sept 12) was the day Steve was flown by helicopter to Roanoke Memorial Hospital due to lung failure (ARDS) most likely caused by babesia or some closely related blood borne parasite

Burial at Bourn Family Cemetary in Rosedale -- located on Bea's parents farm

Memorial contributions can be made to

Lyme Disease Association, Inc.
P.O. Box 1438
Jackson, New Jersey 08527

http://tinyurl.com/8lvtgsg

You can pick from several lyme related charities listed on the contribution form. Contributions are tax deductible.

My address:

Bea Seibert
1506 Mulberry Rd Apt 12
Martinsville, VA 24112

Yes that is my real name and address -- did not know enough to sign in anonymously when I joined LymeNet and after everything that has happened to Steve and I over the years I certainly don't plan to go into hiding now.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steve was one of the kindest and bravest people I knew as well as being my best friend.

I am humbled by all the condolences.

Steve's LLMD called tonight -- is sending flowers and wanted to know if I needed a short term loan.

I said no -- my family would help out until I get finances straightened out -- Steve being an accountant did have life insurance. It will repay my older brother who has helped us out greatly over the last 12 years and pay off all the remaining credit cards. I should be ok until I decide what to do with the rest of my life.

Am sending Steve's LLMD leftover supplements and IV supplies to give to other patients.

Got another unexpected call tonight. Dr Kilani at Clongen had been in New York meeting with Brian Fallon and others. Dr Kilani plans to come for either visitation or the funeral.

Dr Kilani is convinced that babesia or whatever bloodborne parasite he saw on Steve's slide is what killed him. Am sending him some additional blood -- the hospital drew vials of every color as we were still waiting on the F lab test kit and didn't know exactly what vials we needed for those tests.

Don't know if Clongen will find anything else in Steve's blood, but I would so like to prove to the hospital docs that Steve still had an active lyme infection even though he had been treated.

Although Steve was sedated and paralyzed with meds I really feel like he hung on until the Clongen report came in just to prove the docs wrong -- he did have an active babesia infection -- or at least some closely related blood borne parasite.

Steve had had such a hard time getting docs to believe over the years that he was really sick and not psychiatric because he did not have the "correct" test results -- never ever had a remotely close to positive Western Blot for example.

The elderly gentleman I mentioned before on the hospital ethics committee came to visit one day when I was out of the room. My sister was in the room with Steve and he told her that he admired me because I had done the research and knew more about Steve's illnesses than the doctors did. That is validating, but it also makes me sad and mad -- it should not be that way.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is excellent, Bea.

There is an area on the form that states: "Please acknowledge my donation to"

I hate to burden you during this very difficult time, but would it be possible for you tell us all a PO Box/City/State/Zip so we can fill out this info? This section also allows us to post comments, which I think would be a good thing.

If you do not wish to do this, no worries. I will still fill out the form and make a contribution in Steve's name.

I continue to keep you in my prayers. You are an amazing and inspirational person and a true warrior. May God bless you and keep you throughout the difficult days ahead.

Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Beaches -- added my address.

Thank you.

Bea Seibert

gatorade girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gatorade girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Bea,
My girls and I have been thinking of you. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

--------------------
gatorade girl

"I still have Mt.Everest to climb, but I have traveled across the world and arrived at the mountain".

Posts: 633 | From baltimore | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea, given your extraordinary devotion to your husband, it's not surprising that he was your best friend.

It is so good to see that so many have expressed their condolences. For your LLMD to call you and and ask if you needed a loan? Wow. And forDr. Kilani to call you? Wow, again.

I don't think you realize the extent to which you and Steve have touched and influenced the Lyme Disease community.

I don't doubt for a minute that all of Steve's suffering and all of your tireless research and dedication is in vain. Nor do I doubt that he hung on long enough to prove those doctors wrong.

It really saddens me to hear that Steve went through so much trying to get docs to understand what he was going through. So many here can relate to that -- especially regarding the BS psych dx and being seronegative.

The elderly guy on the ethics committee who said he admired you because you had done so much research and knew more than the docs did was so on target.

But yes, it should not be that way.

Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

To anyone making contributions to LDA on Steve Seibert's behalf:

-- Note that Bea's address does not come up automatically when you are making a contribution. Since Bea has posted her address publicly on this thread I will re-post it:

Bea Seibert
1506 Mulberry Rd Apt 12
Martinsville, VA 24112

-- Also note that if you already have a paypal account, it will be a bit easier to contribute. If you don't, using a VISA or MASTERCARD is apparently the preferred method as I was not able to contribute using AMEX.

--And please notice and take advantage of the fact that you have a choice of where you can direct your contribution (eg, education, research) and that you can post your comments!

If I may, I'd humbly ask the membership here to give a few dollars to LDA in memory of Steve.

And hey, if you happen to have some extra big bucks lying around, please consider giving a more sizable donation.

tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea,

I am so sorry for your tremendous loss. You both fought so long and hard and as you said, I really feel Steve hung on just long enough to prove those doctors wrong.

I just know that all you have both done to educate those doctors will benefit others. If they from here on out choose to ignore that the tests proved what you were saying was right all along then that would be just criminal.

Steve's poor body was just too tired to keep going but what you both have done to promote awareness will help save others.

Have you spoken with higher ups in the hospital to drive the point home that the tests prove that Steve's ARDS was caused by babesia? That should be on file somewhere and maybe published in various papers?

My hope would be that all hospitalist doctors everywhere be presented with an outline of Steve's case so that they can consider TBI's in patients that present like Steve and so that they know what tests to run in a reasonable amount of time.

God bless you Bea and may you find peace in the days, weeks and years to come.

Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twicebitten
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twicebitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry Bea,
I hadn't been on lm for a few days, so many doc appt.'s. I'm SO sorry for your loss. I can't imagine it myself. When my dad passed in 2007 was the worst death I've experienced so far.
My thoughts and prayers are with you. God bless you and keep you through this very tough time.

--------------------
One day at a time

Posts: 409 | From TX | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[group hug]

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lord,
over see Bea with angels to guide her thoughts and choices, ward off anyone trying to intervine with Her privacy and this wave of LOVE, from day forward... No GREATER LOVE then HIS.
All praises to God, and our Brother Jesus ! for His Blood is ours. Cover Us, Many Blessings to those whom call upon THE LORD.
wayne [hi]
we are all in this together &
we are pulling for you .. [group hug]

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lost11
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lost11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do not know you Bea.. But you sound like one hell of a woman. I'm very sorry for your loss. May your loved one Steve now rest in peace with no more pain and suffering. Sad.. Sad that tick borne infections do kill when many believe they don't. God bless you. <3

Lost

Posts: 267 | From South | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unsure445
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure445     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are such a strong women. My condolences to you and your family for your loss.

It sounds like Steve was quite a fighter. May he rest in peace.

Sending blessings to you.

--------------------
unsure445

Posts: 824 | From northeast | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jupiter76
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 37697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jupiter76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry to hear that...sending blessings from Germany. Hope you will continue here to support others.
Posts: 185 | From Germany | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeMECFSMCS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeMECFSMCS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea, it was more than obvious that you were Steve's best friend, partner, confidante, and everything else. It's rare in this day and age to see the level of devotion and love and kindness and friendship you showed.

Would Dr Kilani personally review the bloodwork any further? It's wonderful he might come by the visitation.

I bet you are right about Steve hanging on long enough to get the Clongen results -- his experience certainly has validated mine as well.

Wish I could be there to personally support you, but I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Posts: 929 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for you Bea...asking the Lord that He will reveal to you His bigger plan as the days and weeks go by.

Personally, we lost a Lyme community member and I am saddened much by that...but I truely believe that Steve's story isn't over yet...not by a long shot.

Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Member # 110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea, my heart is broken for your loss. You and Steve had a love that many never experience. You are such an inspirational and courageous woman.

Even though we here at Lymenet know that Steve had Babesia, I am so glad his results proved it. It is terrible that so many of us are doubted, when we are extremely sick, because unreliable tests are wrong.

Prayers continue for you and your family.

Posts: 4681 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crying and pit in stomach as I read this. So sorry Bea. We love you.
Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so heartbroken, Bea you are a warrior.
Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am having trouble getting to the funeral home link?
Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had trouble too merrygirl.

This should do it for you.
http://www.roachfuneralhome.com/obituaries.html

--------------------
2 Corinthians 12:9-11

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea, My heartfelt condolences to you and your family. Your advocacy on Steve's behalf has inspired me so much. I also admire your generosity of spirit in wanting to help all of the rest of the Lyme sufferers. I hope you can find the peace that you so deserve.
Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, it looks as if a company has that url address. I tried just seaching for funeral home and was able to find the site that way.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
a mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23920

Icon 1 posted      Profile for a mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea,

Please make sure you take care of yourself! Get good rest, eat good food, not junk, try to get the good stuff! Walk each day for 15 - 20 mintues, NO LYME STUFF when you walk.

I am going to donate to ILADS and NatCapLyme for Steve.

It was doctors and reaserchers from ILADS who were willing to answer our desparate call for help. I asked ILADS Barbara if there would be a good way to acknowlege and thank them.

NatCapLyme was the organization who responded and connected you to the structure in Virginia.

Thank you for everything you and Steve have done for us and your generous and kind spirits!

HUGS

Janet

Posts: 124 | From Maryland, USA | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AuntyLynn
Member # 35938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AuntyLynn         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[group hug]
Posts: 1432 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang in there, Bea. May the higher powers grant you strength in going through all of this.
Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Bea,

Continued warm thoughts, love and light headed your way.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement