LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Help...Can I start detoxing metals on my own????!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help...Can I start detoxing metals on my own????!!
lymegal23
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymegal23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been treating for almost 2 years. had to take a few months off due to intestinal yeast

Id really like to tackle detoxing metals because I probably need to. My intestinal yeast problem is very stubborn despite being on diflucan for almost 2 months and watching my diet

I have read the secret to getting rid of yeast alot of times is my detoxing heavy metals

I am having financial situations right now and cant pay to see my LLMD until probably next month. I havent seen her since the very end of may

I want to take something natural and fairly cheap that is going to help detox my body of heavy metals. Ive read cilantro works well. I know its powerful and crosses the BBB. so I would have to start slow. I have amalgam fillings in my mouth. I got a few last year. I had to. the cavities were so big that a composit filling wouldnt hold. Id like to start doing some kinda metal detox myself until i can see the doc. Can I use cilantro with amalgams in my mouth?

what is my best option. cilantro? how much of it

I take epsom salt baths a few times a week. they do make me feel better. but Im not sure how good at detoxing metals they are

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

[ 10-15-2012, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: lymegal23 ]

Posts: 995 | From somewhere out there | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Detoxing mercury is not possible as long as you have this worst of all toxins in your mouth!!!
You are simply moving out more from the teeth and they quickly move upward into the central nervous system.

Do not use cilantro at this point. As long as you have the fillings in your mouth, the danger of moving the mercury into the brain is there -- not something you want. Don't see the dentist who gave you more of the amalgam fillings. Get the fillings removed and replaced. It will save you in the long run.

Take chlorella to pick up the mercury that is being released from your fillings every time you chew, talk, etc. and avoid getting more distributed throughout the central nervous system. It is very difficult to remove mercury from these areas.

Yes, as long as you are heavy metal toxic, your body is growing more yeast -- it is a protective mechanism our body takes on to survive. But as you know, it's not easy to live with yeast/fungi.

The best solution is getting the amalgams out. And then getting onto a simple detox program, such as HMD. It is easy and gentle.

Good luck to you!

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe look into modified cirtus pectin? There are a few studies that this is supposed to help remove mercury from the body. I don't know if they are biased, though.

Some people have been using a special form of silica, too. Look up Dr. Shade on YouTube. I don't know if you have to remove the mercury first to use this product. It's a bit expensive. Ultimately, the mercury will still leach out of your teeth if it's still there.

I'm kind of on the fence about having the fillings removed. I had to have some dental work done recently & it's not easy. If you do take them out, you risk some further exposure to the mercury plus the materials to refill the tooth may be toxic, as well.

You could get a biocompatability test done... but your body does change over time & something may cause a reaction at some point in the future.

I found it is very hard to find a skilled & trustworthy dentist - holistic or regular...

I have 2 mercury amalgums left. I don't know if I want to mess around with my teeth unless I have to. It's something I'm still thinking about.

If you are short on cash - it's kind of a difficult dilemma. The proper dental work is expensive. It's hard to tell if you have a competent dentist, too. You don't know until you get the work done.

It might be opening up a whole other can of worms - so to speak. I know it's very difficult... I never asked for mercury to be put in my head in the first place. Now, I have to pay big bucks to get it out. What a mess.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All potent reasons, Sparkle, but just another reminder that mercury is a miserable toxin and not sure I want to end up like many not knowing my own name anymore. I am meeting many for whom it is too late and where others carry as much or most of the burden. I think it is well worth a real effort while it can still be of benefit.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.healingcancernaturally.com/klinghardt-heavymetalchelation.html

About half way down in this article, you will find specific instructions for using cilantro and chlorella to chelate heavy metals.

To be honest, I would be afraid to do this without the guidance of a professional. My LLNP is assisting me with this and recommends this protocol.

I have chosen to do this without getting my fillings removed. There are some who have posted on lymenet who regret having this done and there are some who swear by it. The risks and my dental anxiety helped to make my decision for me.

I definitely feel that since chelating with chorella and cilantro, something is happening in my head and body that have not happened with ABX. There have been changes in pressure in my ears as well as major fluctuations in my tinnitus that are now happening throughout the day.

I have also noticed some subtle aches and pains that have quickly subsided - but I hadn't experienced in years.

My guess is that the heavy metals may have been clogging up things in there. I sure metal chelation will be the answer for me.

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymegal23
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymegal23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I can't do any heavy metal detox on my own??

I wont be able to see my Lyme doc for another month or so.

I wish there was something I could do on my own without her guidance

anyone have any ideas? anything i can use besides the cilantro?

Posts: 995 | From somewhere out there | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lymgal - Gigi is more knowledgeable than anyone else on this board. She knows what she is talking about.

At the very least, taking Chlorella before each meal would be a help in at least binding the heavy metals that are circulating around. This way they can be expelled. You take it 20-30 minutes before meals.

It's all very complicated. I understand. But when you can, do find a good biological dentist that will take all the proper precautions in safely removing your amalgams (before, during and after procedures be sure chlorella to capture what is circulating).

Best to you.

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a horrible reaction to chlorella. Thought I was going to die.
Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's really complicated. I read alot about it & I still don't know. I wish I didn't get it in my head in the first place. I think I would have it removed if I could find a good dentist. I went to alot of them & I don't know. The ones I saw were totally cash hounds or are oblivious to reality.

Some people have good responses to chelation & mercury removal & some don't. It's not a 100% guarantee that you will feel better. I don't like the idea that this stuff is in my head. I just went through some dental stuff & it's not fun - especially if they don't do a good job. I had 2 probelms with fillings recently. It happens...

I only have 2 mercury ones left but I may get them out someday. Oral hygeine is really, really important. I can't believe that they are so narrow minded in this field. I can't believe that they have been putting mercury in people's & children's heads for so long - along with all the other dental procedures that can be toxic. You would think there would be some better alternatives by now. They have been doing root canals the same way for 40 years.

I know someone who just had to have cavitation surgery due to bad root canals... There's some bad thinking in regards to dental issues. I'm not saying all are bad but we have to really think about this issue & consider if our dentists are brainwashed by dental school or if these toxic remedies are necessary.

This makes me angry to even think about it. Maybe try the chlorella? I think the cilatro may be better to take after you have the mercury removed. From what I read, it mobilizes the mercury. If you mess around with it, it can mobilize the mercury to go into your brain...

I'm all for self treating but mercury is a toxic waste product & has specific removal procedures - not only in people's heads but in general... Mobilizing it may make things worse. This is why I suggested the modified citrus pectin... I don't think it's a mobilizer but you may have to study it further.

This is a very complicated subject. Good luck.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement