LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Dr said I was negative

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dr said I was negative
kelkat
Member # 39199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelkat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am re-posting this, after reading the feedback and reading my post. I now understand the problems with my text.
My rheumotolgist did some blood work.
My results came back
with Lyme co-infection tests for
Ehrlichia
and
Anaplasma
originally I posted this question without the markers. Wondering if this makes a difference, since the nurse said I was negative.
It reads:

Ehrlichia Ab panel my result <1:64
there expected value titer <1:64

Anapalasma phagocytophilum my result <1:64
there expected value titer <1:64

I hope this makes more sense, sorry.

[ 10-15-2012, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: kelkat ]

Posts: 23 | From mn | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
derk diggler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for derk diggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thats what every dr told me also,

--------------------
+++++++
do i have lyme, please comment, derealisation,anxiety,floaters,hypertension,tinnitus,dizziness,minor aches,igenix results,igm,**83-93ind,igg**41++ what do u think,please comment

Posts: 195 | From california | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelkat
Member # 39199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelkat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IT SUCKS, BUT I KNOW THE KIND PEOPLE ON HEAR ARE FAR MORE EDUCATED
Posts: 23 | From mn | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhitneyS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhitneyS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First-- alot of people here have trouble reading computer screens because of how lyme can effect the eyes. So it will be helpful if you use lower case and if you break up your paragraphs, so its easier to read.

Also, can you let us know what test you are refering to?

Giving more information on what you're testing for and what types of symptoms other symptoms you have.

Have you been diagnosed with Lyme, or had a Western Blot test, with Bands? That test will help be more specific on if you do or do not have lyme. People here have tons of knowledge-- i'msure we'll be able to help :-)

Posts: 844 | From CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A titer test is going to be an ELISA, not a good test for lyme. But did you have a lyme test? You only posted anaplasma and ehrlichia. And I am confused because your previous post said you were positive....this says negative for these two coinfections. Babesia should also be looked for.

That said, lyme is a clinical diagnosis (symptoms, history).

[ 10-15-2012, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: poppy ]

Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Sorry, I can't form a full reply because, sadly, I cannot read one word of your post but the headline pretty much explains it.

All UPPER CASE is like a hammer to the eyes.

All solid text, too, with no white space breaks just sends many eyes into spasm. It all becomes on sea of swirls.

Many here have trouble with vision so mostly lower case is kindest to the eyes - UNLESS there is just one word here or there to make a point.

Paragraphs of no more than 3-4 lines seem to work best. And, to help our brains sort it all out, new thoughts that get a new paragraph also work best so we don't miss anything for you.

This way, you'll have more be able to read and reply.

Please hear this in a neutral tone of voice: you must become educated about this. Yes, there is much to learn as to even what kind of doctor will have the knowledge to help.

Reposting from your "Need Help with Test Results" thread: this is very important for you to read - or get someone to read it to you.

------------------------------------

Although your regular doctor tested you and started you on treatment, he or she may or may not be able to actually treat you. Sadly, there is a lot to learn in order to be a wise patient.

FIRST: you need to also be on PROBIOTICS now. Take a couple hours both directions of the clock from when you take your abx (antibiotic).

SECOND: Liver support is vital with any antibiotics and espeically with toxic tick-borne infections. MILK THISTLE is the most basic. Link below is more detailed.

LEARN THE TERRAIN

Connect with local, regional and state lyme support groups:

http://mnlyme.com/

Minnesota Lyme Association

--------------------------------

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=013239;p=0

What ILADS is & WHY you need an ILADS "educated" or "minded" Lyme Literate doctor (whether MD or ND, or both) - starting with assessment / evaluation.

===============================

The Lyme Controversy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVPRWiukp_M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yk0C-uX9cU&feature=related

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=031097;p=0

Topic: NPR (Nebraska) Radio Interview

See listener comments, too.

--------------------------------

You already had some tests and can likely move forward but there may be more to consider. For reference:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=015508;p=0

Diagnosing Lyme Disease (&/or whatever else is going on)

Other tick-borne infections and other chronic stealth infections - as well as certain conditions that can hold us back - are discussed here.

http://www.anapsid.org/lyme/lymeseroneg.html

Reasons for False Negative (Seronegative) Test Results in Lyme Disease

=======================================

Key to survival:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=030792;p=0

LIVER & KIDNEY SUPPORT & and several HERXHEIMER support links, too.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
You may not have been able to see the replies here for you. Hope they help:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/120655#000000

kelkat posted on Oct. 12: Need help with test results
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
I recall from a previous post that you got a steroid shot in a joint recently.

Any LLMD whom you call for an appointment will need to be made aware of that at the time of the call. Tell them the symptoms you now have.

They will need to address this a bit differently after the steroid shot. Many have gotten worse with steroids.

I don't want to tell you now that no one with lyme should every get a steroid shot or take steroids, as I don't want to make you sad. Still, you need to know this. And life can go on but you know it's vital to find a well educated doctor.

I'm so sorry to hear about all you are going through.

First, connect with your state lyme support group. I hope you find the kind of guidance you need.

Take care.
-

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
more replies here:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=120655;p=0#000028

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelkat
Member # 39199

Thank you all so much. I am learning as I go. I was negative for Lupus and she said I was vitamin D defiecient, and I should get tested for allergies.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for removing the BOLD print... Sure helps!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelkat
Member # 39199

I can see why, sorry about that.
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
About that steroid shot you had recently. Be sure to ask your doctor about whether it might be traced to any of the recently contaminated lots.

Even if these Rx were mostly used for spine treatments, it's important to be sure of the lot number, name of Rx, manufacturer and vendors:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-57532674/meningitis-outbreak-spreads-to-15-states/?tag=AverageMixRelated

Meningitis Outbreak Spreads to 15 states

http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/15/14455863-more-drugs-implicated-in-fungal-meningitis-outbreak?lite

More Drugs Implicated in Fungal Meningitis Outbreaks
-

kelkat
Member # 39199

I have been worried about that, then I noticed my clinic was not on the list. But now I see they just added 129 clinics to the list and sold drugs to my healthcare provider.
Their is no new name list, so I think I should call my clinic tomorrow. I have been 2 the doc 3 times last week.
Noonne did any blood work, I did recieve a head/neck scan and was told the results were inconsitent, and to follow up with a neuro in 2-3 weeks.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement