LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Still struggaling with IC..please help suggestions needed.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Still struggaling with IC..please help suggestions needed.
tricia386
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 29623

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tricia386     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So after 1.5 years of treatment IC Like symptoms have shown up. It has stumped my LLMD. He said that many patients come in with IC and they improve. However, he is stumped why I developed after 1.5 years.

I have a cystoscope on 10/22.

Current regmine. Pain has improve alittle but not alot still lots of urthera and bladder fullness. Also I have lots or irritation to the Vagina especially the opening.sorry if TMI

Current Regmine
Rocphein INJ
Septra DS
Zith
Flagyl
Nystatin
Diflucan
GSE
Serrapeptase

Can anyone suggest any herbs or anything else I can be doing?? I am so lost and everyone else seems to be too. UGH!

I was thinking mayeb Golden seal or oil of oregano..Maybe its yeast. I dont know ? All STDS have been ruled out as well as yeast.

Thanks again for your help as always.

--------------------
Lyme activated in April 2010 by gardasil vaccine.
DX: Lyme,Babs,Myco,Bart 11/10
Treatment Started: 3/28/11

Posts: 1752 | From Albany, NY | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fourwinds
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14114

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fourwinds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry you are experiencing this.

I had many bladder issues (which I attributed to CPN) before discovering I had Lyme and Co's.

My LLMD said Lyme loves the bladder so you may have quite a bit of a load....

Some things that really helped me were (the D-mannose is the key):

http://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-d-mannose-with-cranforte-60-capsules

And to relieve the bladder pain/fullness and urination:

Pyridium (Phenazopyridine) this helped quite a

bit... You can buy this OTC as Azo Standard

(Phenazopyridine), There may be other brands as

well, It�s a smooth muscle relaxer than can help

relieve the pain that accompanies a UTI. Note: this drug won�t

actually cure a UTI; it�s just to make things more comfortable.

**It's cheaper to get a larger quantity via a script.

My bladder issues would come and go... the only time I have problems now is when my yeast load

acts up...(frequent urination) but, thankfully, no actual bladder pain anymore.

Posts: 396 | From EAPennsylvania | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check into the possibility that you may have parasites. Google parasite symptoms and check the symptom list at Humaworm.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unsure445
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure445     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
D-Mannose...get some today and start taking it!!!!

--------------------
unsure445

Posts: 824 | From northeast | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tricia386     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
unsure I have the powder how much a day should I take?

--------------------

Posts: 1752 | From Albany, NY | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeGoAway
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeGoAway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My sister (who does not have Lyme or any co-infections) just discovered by accident that supplementing with zinc is helping her IC symptoms.

She thought she was coming down with a cold, started taking zinc to ward it off and realized that her bladder pain is better. Not sure how much she is taking.

Posts: 227 | From Northeast | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tricia,

You should seriously try some antiparasitic herbs like Parastroy, Hanna kroeger Wormwood Combo or Humaworm.

Google parasite symptoms.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

I tried D-Mannose I think it helped I took alot. The powder form. I think it might have given me Diaherea or maybe it was the magnesium citrate?

Anyways I also have vaginal issues when this all started red and swelling, burning and itching and pain with intercourse. I am soo lost. I have been applying topical coconut oil. I am thinking about adding maybe a lil oil or oregano. I got this idea bc I just had a cold sore and used it for that, and it helped.

They both started at the same time my 4 week flare in August. Before that I was seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

--------------------

beths
Member # 18864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beths     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could be BV-doesn't usually show up in cultures.

Get some pH paper-if your pH is over 4.5-it's probably not yeast, but BV.

You can actually buy those test kits in a drug store. There is an over the counter kit to treat it that works well.

You first need to find out if it's yeast or BV

Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

What are some natural remedies for BV. Everything just hit all at once!

--------------------

cozynana
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cozynana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just my two cents...... I had extreme cystitis. It was diagnosed as both IC and plain cystitis.

All I know that any give day I could be in such pain I could not function.

The first thing I did was go on a meat and veggie diet.

I cut out all spicy and citrus. I ate only healthy food.

I did not anything white like flour, potatoes, sugar, junk food like pop, donuts, candy, etc.

I also started drinking as much distilled water as I could.

I gradually started adding lemon juice after about a year.

I did enemas and that really seemed to help.

My big break through started when I was treated for yeast, fungus, hormones, and parasites.

Gael is right (I have to thank you personally for helping me).

You need to do a parasite cleanse.

After I went on parasite med for about 2 months my bladder stopped buzzing and throbbing.

I think I had bladder flukes.

I still am on parasite meds and seeing what I think are part and pieces of parasites.

Gross, I know but better than living with me!!!!!!

My bladder is now about 90-95% well. I still don't eat a lot of spicy or citrus foods.

No coffee, tea, chocolate either. Not a fun diet, but a get-me-well diet.

Might give this a try. I thought I was hopeless.

One more thought. A practitioner told me that ABXs tear down a body.

Herbs and natural supplements build up a body. Just food for thought.

Good luck, you can get better, I did and thought I was doomed.

Posts: 620 | From Ks | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

What are some good parasite clenses. I will address this with my LLMD next apt.

--------------------

tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had IC that got better with Lyme treatment. It flares occasionally and I suspect it is yeast when it does.
Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Thanks cozynanna for the support. So happy to hear that it's working for you. Sometimes I think my posts fall on deaf ears.

tricia,

I listed some cleanses in above posts. FYI, most docs(even the best LLMDs) don't know much about parasites/worms as a co-infection of Lyme and don't think it's important.

If I hadn't treated parasites when I did, I am pretty sure I wouldn't be here.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

tricia386
Member # 29623

Thanks GLM-

I will definately be looking into this. I am so desperate to find anything to help. Sometimes I feel like I fall on Deaf ears to my LLMD

--------------------

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Were you able to get Berberine (GlycoX)?

That cured IC for me. From your previous thread, detail:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/120511#000000
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

No Keebs I didnt yet. I have to discuss with LLMD first to make sure its okay.

All I know is that last week I had a cold and all these symptoms went away. They appeared over night in August and my life has never been the same. I feel so very alone.

I just got engaged and I am so sad I cant enjoy any of it.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tickled1:
I had IC that got better with Lyme treatment. It flares occasionally and I suspect it is yeast when it does.

-
Same here.

This is the product I take:

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/q?kw=D-Mannose&x=27&y=8

D-Mannose with no cranberry. IC patients cannot tolerate acidic products. I tried the powder and it was too much. My stomach rebelled. I take one capsule twice daily.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cozynana
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cozynana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are many anti-parasitics.

I have been on the drug Allinia (very strong and kicked my you know what!),

ipil-ipil which is a African? parasite herb,

Hannah Kroeger Wormwood Combo, and now on Artemisinin and Cats Claw.

I also had a homeopath called Para-A. Read up on parasites.

Usually the good one have Wornwood, black walnut husk or leaf I beieve, cloves, and others.

There are antiparasitics that do not have cloves. At first I could not do any spices.

Take it slow at first. It was not fun at first.

NOw I can take it and not feel sick.

You can do this and it might make all the difference.

I think the plain water enemas helped me too, expecially when I was constipated.

It did burn the vaginal area a bit, but got a lot better within weeks.

Posts: 620 | From Ks | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cozynana
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34270

Beths, what is BV? I can't ever get an infection to show, but something was going on.
tricia386
Member # 29623

All I know is when I gotta cold all my ic symptoms went away

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tricia386:
All I know is when I gotta cold all my ic symptoms went away

-
That's weird!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beths
Member # 18864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beths     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BV is bacterial vaginitis. It's basically looks/ feels like yeast but its an overgrowth of the normal bacteria so it doesn't show up. Another cause is antibiotics which kill the lactic acid producing bacteria which keep the pH of the vagina low. Killing yeast won't help

BV is actually MORE common than yeast. Some say it has a "fishy" smell but that's not always true

Natural tx is boric acid suppository but that can be too harsh. Drug stores carry a homeopathic kit which has borax, a milder form of the acid. Try it- worked like a charm for me! Also try to find probiotics that are specifically for women (fem- dophilis) and really double up on them.

Good luck- congrats on your engagement!

Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

Thinking i am going to live with this forever now. No one can seem to fix it...I am not on ceftin mino and rifiampin and plaquenil..adding amox and doing anti p treatment.

--------------------

Kathi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2261

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had these problems too, but then discovered that I was histamine intolerant. Every time I ate foods high in histamine my symptoms flared up. Over a period of a few years it got to a point where not "just" the bladder and vagina where inflamed, but my entire skin was itching.
Finally I read an article on histamine intolerance, and it all became clear. Shortly after a smart doctor also diagnosed Mastocytosis, a condition where one has too many mastcells that are constantly releasing histamine. Add that to the already present histamine intolerance... I too thought I was going crazy. I think both, the HI and the Mastocytosis, were caused by long-term abx (not that I had a choice). My gut suddenly did not produce enough DAO, the enzyme that is needed for histamine metabolism.
The mastocytosis was directly linked to the use of Lariam. HI is very difficult to figure out. Take a look at what you eat, and look what the food has in common. Even healthy eating won`t help; if the organic chicken for instance has been on the shelf for more than a few days it will be high in histamine. Go very bland for a while, like unsweetened oatmeal with water, even if that interferes with your yeast-prevention-diet, then slowly add foods back. Try to find the triggers. My worst are soy, anything with wheat bran, and cooked tomatoes, all of which are naturally high in histamine. Where it becomes difficult is that I constantly have to assess the freshness of everything I eat. A food may start out low in histamine, but as the food ages the levels go up. Only freezing stops the process. For me ordinary frozen broccoli from Sam`s works better than the fresh, organic one that has been on the road from California for a week.
If you want to know more please send me a PM.
I think your diarrhea may have been caused by the Mg citrate, not the d-mannose. Also, I read the omega 7 (Seabuckthorn oil)works well for the musous membranes. I have been using it for years.

Posts: 210 | From VA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keebler mentioned that Berberine (GlycoX) cured her interstitial cystitis.

Have you had a chance to try that?

You can get a free sample here:
http://www.goodstate.com/category/Diabetic-Formulas/D322/page1

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dogmom2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dogmom2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tricia, I had ic type symptoms when I tried paranix for parasites.I stopped the meds, and went on dgl plus, from pure encapsulations which took care of thsoe symptoms.

I'm also on no meds/treatment(don't tolerate anything)so not sure if that is what is causing your symptoms.Sorry, you're going thru this...

Posts: 857 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

I tried the glycol for 2 mo ths and nothing!! Ugh I'm so lost and confused

--------------------

RZR
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tricia,

I could have written your exact post. I too have been struggling with IC type issues and lost as what to do.

I keep reading about D-mannose and also glycosamine chondroitin. Have you tried either of these?

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

Yup have tried both dmannose for 3 months did nothing and I just started cystoprotek about 3 weeks ago so to soon to tell

--------------------

Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Sister has IC and she says the only thing that stops the pain for her is NingXia Red (wolfberry juice).

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

Thanks Everyone-

My mind just keeps going around in circles...I mean I was making leaps and bounds in treatment and than BOOM...went down hard in AUG

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

No way could I tolerate GSE!! Are you still taking it??

Stay away from anything acidic.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This post by Gigi really got my attention when I too was struggling with uti again. Abx just put me into a full body rash. Others supps were not helping me, so I ordered some DE and it cleaned out my kidneys, bladder etc.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/121296?

I decided to order Natures Wisdom product from Amazon. I've used it daily for about a month and find it really beneficial for me.

www.HowToUseDiatomaceousEarth.com/uses

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement