LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » My house is making me sick

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My house is making me sick
cozynana
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34270

Icon 10 posted      Profile for cozynana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last winter I told my husband our house was making me sick.

I even moved into my parent's house for about three weeks. I did get better, but home sick so came back. Sy

mptoms came back and I suffered.

Well, I started seeing the pattern as I remembered when I started to feel the same symptoms this year.

It was when we shut up the house and started the furnace.

This morning I was trembling, head felt large, I couldn't think, heart pounded, and plain didn't feel good.

I hurried, got ready to go to town and got out of the house.

Within 15 minutes, every symptoms I was having when I left the house was gone!!!!!

I have the furnace guy coming to check the furnace.

I am asking around for someone to come check for radon and carbon monoxide.

I am calling to see who can come clean the air ducts.

And last, but certainly not least I am trying to figure out the closest mold/mildew company.

We live in a very isolated area and it will be hard and expensive to find them I am sure.

BUT, this has become a pattern and I need to get to the bottom of it.

Any suggestions are welcome. Am I missing anything else to check?

I have made great strides this summer and I do not want to backslide.

I need to try everything I can to make this house work.

We are farmers, built this house ourselves in 1988 and it sits in the middle of a half section of land we own and farm.

Lots of reasons I have to try to make it work.

That said, I may have to move if we can not resove the issues. My health is too important.

Posts: 620 | From Ks | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WendyK
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18918

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WendyK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think checking the CO levels to start out with sounds like a good plan! Do you have a CO detector?

Radon wouldn't cause immediate effects, but its good to check anyway - see if your local or state health department offers low-cost test kits.

Do you have any wet or damp areas in the house? These will be the places to look for mold.

Have you been tested for allergies?

--------------------
Wendy

Posts: 253 | From Near Albany, NY | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, get a CO detector. I have one that I don't install, just carry it from room to room to check levels. Right now it sits in my bedroom, besides the one that is installed in the hallway & basement.

Look online, there are companies that have test kits. They send you the agar test plates. You leave them out or swab & then send it back to them. I think it was somehwere around $500-600 for a complete test.

If you get a microscope & make agar plates, you can do this yourself. Just need a good ID reference book.

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could have mold in your heating/ air conditioning ducts.

Google ERMI test kit.

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement