LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Return of babesia symptoms.... nervous! upset!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Return of babesia symptoms.... nervous! upset!
FamilyFive
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 37206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FamilyFive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been on Mepron and zith 6 months.

By 3 mos I saw huge improvement. Night sweats, rash, joint & muscle pain and swelling were gone. I felt great.

I was having shakiness and uneasiness (anxiety-feeling) though so my dose was lowered. I also added artemisinin 10 days/month.

Over the past month my rash & night sweats returned... and this week pain and swelling in my hand and wrist started.

This is exactly how it all started when I first got sick... so now I'm terrified that my treatment over the past 6 months has really done nothing.

I see my LLMD tomorrow. It seems to me my Mepron needs to be increased again. Or could this be that the Mepron has stopped working for me? What are my other options for treating babs?

--------------------
FamilyFive

Posts: 218 | From Maryland | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krk
Member # 34690

Icon 1 posted      Profile for krk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was on 1 1/2Mepron & 600mg zith for 5 months as well as art. 10 days/month for 4 months, but had to stop art and mepron due to liver enzymes very high eventhough I was taking liver support. At first I felt better, then my headaches came back with a vengence. I'm back to square one and taking mino., zith. and supplements for liver. My anxiety & depression are awful!!! I see my LLMD next Tuesday. I'm sending you a pm.
Posts: 39 | From Maryland | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joysie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11063

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joysie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some others have combined malarone and mepron plus herbs like cryptolepsis and sida acuta.
Struggling with this myself.

Posts: 520 | From Maryland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
t9im
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for t9im   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our daughers LLMD indicated it is 8 months treatment, minimun for Babesia. She was on Mepron and Zith for 2 years (14 months for babs).

--------------------
Tim

Posts: 1111 | From Glastonbury, CT | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tick battler
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have found that the Dr. K lyme cocktail works best on babesia. GSE also works well in many cases but the Dr. K cocktail, in our experience, works faster and is better for the really bad cases. We actually take both when we are reinfected with babesia, as we have several times this summer from mosquito bites.

The Dr. K cocktail contains many ingredients and you can make it yourself in a blender. The base is liposomal artemisinin made with art and either raw egg yolk or LipoHealth powder from BioPure. You add a little water in the blender with these ingredients and blend for 4 minutes. This turns it into a liposomal form, which we have found to much more effective than straight art. Then you add the other parts of the cocktail and also organic grapefruit juice and water. This helps keep you from getting resistance to it.

You can find the full recipe online or on this site doing a search.

tickbattler

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gmb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same here. I did mepron/zith for babs with alternating Omnicef and Suprax for lyme last year from March thru mid-Sept 2011.

Then in February 2012 symptoms started to return and back on Mepron. Then at next LLMD appt, we added Bactrim DS. After a bad stretch of GI issues we dropped Bactrim and doubled up on the Mepron.

Things have improved thru the summer, so in Sept we added Bactrim back in the protocol. Now I'm pretty much plateau'd and loosing patience.

I too see my LLMD next week and hope to try somehing entirely new. All this while on IV Rocephin for past 10 months.

Darn.. Babs is the pits

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krk
Member # 34690

Icon 1 posted      Profile for krk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joysie,
sending you a pm.

Posts: 39 | From Maryland | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krk
Member # 34690

gmb,
What are your primary symptoms?

gmb
Unregistered

krk

symptoms are:

Head pressue, spontaneous bruising, cognitive issues, GI issues, peripheral neuroprophy (most likely just Lyme), heavy and weak arms and leg muscles, and fatigue

also vrey poro typing 8^(

joysie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11063

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joysie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
also vrey poro typing 8^(

Me too, gmb

Posts: 520 | From Maryland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do you know it is babesia that is causing the problems?

Having been around babesia for many years, the old nightsweat thing may be, but I would not ignore all other possibilities. I started into horrible nightsweats with movements of heavy metals and EMF exposure. With intensive DMPS treatment, the major problems faded out. It takes many months/some years to clear neurotoxins and to rebuild the hormone producing glands -- all of which can cause nightsweats.
I have often heard Dr. K. speak on that

If you have not treated parasites following an established protocol, it is difficult to get rid of the majority of critters. We all have them.. They are as much of our world, as infected ticks and mosquitoes.
Find someone who muscle tests or is trained in ART. Doing it once will move you onto a different level.

Change is important if what you have done long enough does not seem to bring better results.

Best to you and stay calm!

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beths
Member # 18864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beths     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am on my 2nd go round with babs-after talking with a few people, it seems their LLMD's have told them that you need to hit it "a couple times" for it to go away.

I've also heard this from 2 of Dr J's patients-

Reading this board-it seems many got rid of it-after a few rounds of the yellow paint [Frown]

You also have clear out the toxins-

Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gmb
Unregistered

Does the yellow paint also hit on some other parasites?

I'm thinking of salt-C, or Dr K parasite clense

lymeboy
Unregistered

Been treating Babesia for a year. Mepron and Art. Just added crypto and Malarone, and ditched Art, which was not working for me.

Crypto hit REALLY hard for me. It has been 6 weeks with the Crypto and Malarone, and I am doing ok. I herxed really hard at first, and things seem to be clearing up now.

5 months for babesia is way too short. In chronic cases it can be a few years.

Ellen101
Member # 35432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellen101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry you are having such a rough time! I know how frustrating and frightening it can be. I watched a webinar last night by Marty Ross.

His webinars are free and you can submit questions for him to answer. the question I asked pertained to the fact that I seemed to be getting better and all of a sudden I had a major return in my symptoms.

He said when this happens the first thing he thinks of is yeast. This actually made alot of sense to me. I noticed once I loaded up on raw, fermented foods my symptoms greatly decreased.

If this is not the case he said the next thing he thinks of is if the mepron and zith are no longer effective, which can happen over time.

I would encourage you to take alook at his web site. There is a ton of info there.
http://www.treatlyme.net/

Posts: 1748 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement