LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Babesia Herx- why now? Feeling miserable

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Babesia Herx- why now? Feeling miserable
beths
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 18864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beths     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been retreating babs 2 months now , and having some good days. Bad days not too awful

Today for the first time in months I am stuck in bed. Feel feverish major nausea and headache. Why would I have such a bad Herx now? I did add tindamax, only 2 days. I took flagyl before over the summer and didn't have to much of a reaction

I am really discouraged.... Not sure if this is the right path anymore.

[ 11-02-2012, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: beths ]

Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ellen101
Member # 35432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellen101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you sure its a herx, and not a virus? Perhaps it is the addition of the tindamax, which would be a good thing, correct?
Posts: 1748 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beths
Member # 18864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beths     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its my herx symptoms-esp the nausea with vomiting
Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beths
Member # 18864

Up
beths
Member # 18864

Anyone else. Really feeling discouraged and miserable. Wonder what's the point of treating when I feel like I'm going in circles
surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the Tindamax is hitting cysts, Lyme, garbage, being opened different than Flagyl-

It can pack quite a punch in the beginning. It's the strongest thing I've ever taken.

You could try some binders...

Hope you feel better-

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you are taking it with another abx. You released a lot of spirochetes when you opened up those cysts. Try working up the dose gradually.
Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beths
Member # 18864

I am taking mepron and clindamycin as well. I didn't feel too bad taking 10!days straight of flagyl over the summer
mlg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
maybe detox - at least lemon with water and anti-histamine helps with nausea and vomiting.
Posts: 697 | From CA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you were taking the flagyl were you also on the mepron and clindamycin?

Based on hubby's experiences I think that both tindamax and flagyl can work on babs -- but they don't do much just by themselves. When added to other babs meds it makes a much more powerful combo.

I would stick with your current combo if you can tolerate it as it sounds like you are really hitting the babs or something that needs to be killed.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beths
Member # 18864

No-I was on biaxin, and ceftin I think.

No anti-marials

imagine2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tindamax knocked my socks off. Projectile vomiting!!!! I would also say detox, detox!!

Hope you feel better!!

Posts: 677 | From Virginia | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement