LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Possible to have undetected chronic dental infection?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Possible to have undetected chronic dental infection?
tickled1
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering if anyone has experienced this? I have an extra partial wisdom tooth on one side and on the same side I have chronic sinusitus and eye trouble and am starting to suspect that this weird little tooth is somehow responsible.

Went to dentist yesterday. He was in a rush b/c I was last patient of day but I asked him if this tooth could be responsible for my sinus trouble on that side and he said something about possibiltiy of chronic undetectable infection with the tooth but said he couldn't say whether or not removing the tooth would solve the sinus trouble but said it was worth a try since the tooth is doing me no good and has a cavity and cannot be worked on due to location so may as well just yank it.

Well, I am nervous to have it pulled but just as scared not to have it pulled. I did schedule an appt. to have it pulled but just wanted to check in here to see if anyone's health improved after having a tooth pulled that wasn't obviously infected?

Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, this was the case with my wisdom teeth. I kept having headaches that kept happening more and more often, increasing in severity.

The headaches disappeared after I had my wisdom teeth extracted, as did the irritation in my mouth and clicking jaw issues.

I'd say have it yanked...if they can't work on the cavity and the tooth isn't useful for eating, no point having it there to cause problems.

Make sure they clean out the socket good after the extraction, to avoid cavitations.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Razzle. Were your teeth infected?
Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bigstan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigstan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi I just had a lower left molar tooth #18 removed last Friday. The tooth was root canaled in 2004. The RC failed. The tooth became decayed under the crown and had a small abscess under a root.

I have had 4 RC before I got sick in 2006. Two have now been removed and I have 1 replaced with an implant.

I am waiting to see if it helps improve my health. But have no regrets pulling teeth because they were dead diseased teeth with abscess.

--------------------
HERX is a Four Letter Word!

Posts: 716 | From If you're going through hell, keep going......Winston Churchill | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

Just got off the phone with dentist and he clarified some questions for me. He said the root of that tooth does touch maxillary sinus and chronic sinus infection w/out severe pain like acute infections is entirely possible. I'm having the sucker yanked on 12/6! Man I'd be so happy if this helped my sinus issues on that side. I'm actually excited about this!
hammer
Member # 17201

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hammer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a root canaled tooth and a crowned tooth pulled. Both had hidden infections. The crowned tooth was originally pulled due to an abcess, but the surgeon ignored my request to make sure everything was cleaned out.

When I had the root canal tooth pulled, a new dentist re-opened and cleaned out the spot where the crowned tooth had been. Lots of infection left. She also injected platelet rich plasma into both sockets. My recovery time was remarkable.

I had a significant shift for the better in my health once those issues were resolved.

Posts: 69 | From Birmingham, AL 35242 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had some 'mild inflammation' in left maxillary sinus that showed up in a cat scan of mastoid bones and sinuses. Wondering if this is somehow related to my lingering symptoms of roaring tinnitus, internal vibrating and strange head tingling/buzzing.

I had a failed root canal in left upper jaw. This was followed by a dental implant. I always felt as though the implant wasn't quite right. I had a lot of gum and dental pain for a long time after the procedure.

The pain got better with babesia treatment but has recently come back since going off babs meds. It will be interesting to see if you feel better after the dental work. Good luck!

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

Hammer, did the infections show up in x-ray? Glad to hear your health improved afterward! Hope the same happens for me!

dbpei, Interesting what you mention about ear symptoms. That extra little wisdom tooth-when they were cleaning it yesterday w/the ultrasonic machine, the ringing in that ear was incredible but I didn't say a word. That really makes me think that that tooth is connected to a my sinus/ear issues.

I want that sucker out and I hope infection didn't imbed itself too much in mastoid bones/jaw bone and such. Would this show up on MRI?

Praying for no complications!

bigstan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigstan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A dental panoramic x-ray would show any infection (abscess) in the jaw bone etc, have one done.

--------------------
HERX is a Four Letter Word!

Posts: 716 | From If you're going through hell, keep going......Winston Churchill | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Playing devil's advocate here - when I drank mangosteen juice, my eye problems cleared up in 24 hours and my sinuses ran for 48 hours. So these symptoms could also be Lyme-related. Don't know if you would want to try drinking the mangosteen juice as an experiment.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is good to know about the mangosteen juice. I drink just an ounce or so every day. How much do you drink Robin?

bigstan, I did have a panoramic x-ray done when I was having all of my problems. But it did not run all the way into the sinuses. I still have a copy of it and plan on seeing a biological dentist to see what his take is on everything.

tickled, keep us posted and good luck!

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linnada
Member # 24302

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Linnada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go see a biological dentist for cavitation treatment!
Posts: 84 | From St. Louis, MO | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement