LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » ART, etc: does it conflict with religion? or is it pure science?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ART, etc: does it conflict with religion? or is it pure science?
lax mom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Guys,

I know this question is beyond silly, but I am a Christian. I just wanted to make sure that my doing long distance ART (Autonomic Reflex testing) type stuff is just science and not supernatural type stuff.

Please forgive me if this is a ridiculous question, but it is a concern...especially, since I live in an area that is in the medical Dark Ages.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Long distance?? I've had muscle testing done. Isn't ART pretty similar?

I DO understand your concern but not sure it's anything to worry about since I don't know enough about true ART.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beths
Member # 18864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beths     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a firm of science believing the body can "tell us" what is wrong. I don't think that conflicts with any religion

Not sure how they do it long distance? It's not a silly question- having faith will pull you thru fighting this disease.

Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQkR4y757co

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Lymetoo,

That video is amazing. Thanks!

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
derk diggler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for derk diggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
who cares, as long as your getting better

--------------------
+++++++
do i have lyme, please comment, derealisation,anxiety,floaters,hypertension,tinnitus,dizziness,minor aches,igenix results,igm,**83-93ind,igg**41++ what do u think,please comment

Posts: 195 | From california | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jessicabooklover
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39427

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessicabooklover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lax mom-derk is a thousand percent right...the most important thing is you getting better. I am someone without religious faith but I can tell you that if you believe in a loving god, I am sure that he would want you to be well. Do not give this a second thought...go for anything and everything that has the potential to help you get well. You deserve good health [Smile] ! Jess.
Posts: 870 | From ct | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ART testing is seeing how your body reacts with a substance, will it help or will it hurt? I've found ART testers who are willing to do it long distance will use a DNA sample from the side of your mouth in order to have "you" present.

It has nothing to do with spirituality. It has to do with physics.

I have been muscle tested long distance, but not ART tested unless they had the DNA.

What's forbidden in Christianity is using fortune telling. This is quite different.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Thanks for the reassurance. I had long distance ART with a DNA mouth sample.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)

Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great link Lymetoo! I wonder how an ART practitioner does this long distance though? I understand it's with a swab and dna, but it's hard for me to understand it after seeing the link above.

[ 11-16-2012, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: Catgirl ]

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Me too, catgirl!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lax mom
Member # 38743

Me three! That's why I posted this thread. I have no idea how it was done.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)

PatriotM
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38493

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PatriotM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a Christian too and as a Christian would have no problem with utilizing any legitimate method of treatment. Having said that, the Bible also talks about discernment, and I think that's the key here.

The long distance ART sounds like a scam to me. Some of the other stuff (like using a pendulum) is akin to using a ouija board.

The problem with chronic lyme is that it's largely incurable. Unfortunately, that leads people to seek alternate treatment that is sometimes nothing more than a scam and in other cases practically voodoo. Since most of us have limited time and money, I think our time and money are better spent on treatments that have some chance of actually working.

Posts: 177 | From Ohio | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

I was wondering about the ouija-ish aspect. That's why I posted.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In ART there is supposed to be a middle person between the patient and the ART practitioner. It's the middle person whose arm is tested, not the patient.

So, with the swab, it's done the same way, with the middle person using the swab rather than the actual patient. It's still physics.

I got better, completely better and back to normal, utilizing this type of alternative treatment. Often medicine ignores the electrical and magnetic parts of our bodies ... the energy in our bodies ... and uses only biochemistry. I utilized forms of medicine that honors the whole person, including the physics.

IMO, part of the reason Lyme or any chronic illness is "incurable" is that we only treat the biochemisty.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Thanks for the explanation six. The results were accurate...I just had no idea how the testing was done.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement