LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth and its many Uses

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth and its many Uses
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.organic-gardening-shop.com/Agorganics/Artilces/Food%20Grade%20Diatomaceous%20Earth%20and%20It's%20Many%20Uses.pdf

I may have posted this link before, but it is too good to let it get lost in the basement.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
birdie67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for birdie67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Gigi.

I just started taking this, is it normal to feel worse in the beginning?

Thanks so much!

Posts: 486 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

How DE works: http://www.earthworkshealth.com/How-Diatomaceous-Earth-Works.php
Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If DE can remove toxins, does this mean one should take it away from medications?

HIker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

All you need to know is contained in my first post/link, including when and how much to take, etc.
whitmore
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitmore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found this in Gigi's document:
"When you start detoxifying you may get a reaction from the die-off of parasites, microbes, etc.. you must remember two things: (1) drink lots of water to flush the body, and (2) always start out slowly with low doses of food-grade DE. Start with 1 level tsp. in 8 oz. water before breakfast. Then take another 1 tsp. in water before going to bed. Warm distilled water is best, but any water will work. Gradually increase your dosage of food-grade DE up to 3 level T. per day. I sometimes forget in the morning and may add it in my oatmeal or juice later. Anyway, I try to consume 3 T. per day one way or another. Try to do this for 4 months. After this I recommend 1 level tsp. in your favorite drink at least once a day as maintenance."

Posts: 226 | From Princeton | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FamilyFive
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 37206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FamilyFive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, crazy stuff... I've used DE for pest control. Strange that I could be using it for my health too!

--------------------
FamilyFive

Posts: 218 | From Maryland | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi, thanks for posting this!

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cockapoo1996
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cockapoo1996     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does DE remove the good bacteria?
Posts: 472 | From New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you take 1 tsp but they sell it by the POUND?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is sold by the pound to use to kill bugs--spread around house or dump on your dog. Also used to feed livestock.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Please do your own research. Google all your questions. You will have a week's reading material.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diatomaceous_earth

It is loaded with silica. My hair and nails show it after only a few months.

Before I caught onto this DE, a long time ago Dr. K. was telling people that overall we are lacking silica since we no longer get our hands and feet dirty, in real dirt. You will notice that his favorite medium in his metal detox protocol is microsilica.

I bought DE, 10 lbs Perma through Amazon. Cost 12.00 plus s/h 10.00 (without exact pennies).
I keep the bag in a safe dry place and fill my glass jar for daily use very often.

Thanksgiving.

Don't you feel sorry for all those turkeys?
I remember the story my gradeschool son wrote more than 40 years ago, as homework, about the thansgiving turkey who finally made his escape - to the zoo to be safe.

I will find this essay in my "saved" memories before I go overthere to read it to my boys and wives and their children when getting together for Thanksgiving dinner.

Life is good.

Take care.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I think it would take about 10 yrs to use up 10 lbs. Just guessing.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

ok, I have talked to several places that sell "food grade" DE and when I asked if it can be consumed by humans (including the Perma brand) they all say it is food grade for livesotck and no one will say if it is food grade for humans.

So, I wonder if they just don't want to say it becasue they will get in trouble or if there is a difference between food grade for livestock and food grade for humans. Anybody know the answer to this?

We have a local organic grocery that sells it and I would buy it there if I could be assured that livetock DE is ok for humans. That would save on the shipping costs.

Thanks.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I'm sure they're not quite as clean as food grade for humans would be. That is my thinking on it.

The standards would be different.

It's the same as the Lufenuron not being made for human consumption, but lots of humans use it!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Gigi and others,

I am curious how you decided which brand of DE to use? I have done a ton of reading and can't distinguish one food grade brand from another.

Thanks for your input.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

MichaelTampa
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I purchased mine from earthworkshealth.com. Part of why I chose it was that it was a link that I saw GiGi post once. The part was, there they talked about it being consumed by humans for health purposes, and why a person might do that, and also sold it. So, it eliminates any concerns regarding whether the seller thought it was intended for human consumption (such as you ran across in your health food store).

I bought 2.5 pounds for, I don't remember, but something like $10 plus $8 shipping. Compared to so much out there I take, it's pretty cheap stuff, so admittedly, I didn't work too hard for a better deal.

My guess would be what your store has is the same as any food-grade, but it's hard to really KNOW that. If memory is correct you do energy testing, hiker? If so, couldn't you rely on that? The reason for my guess is, I feel this stuff is just probably mined somewhere and repackaged by various places for their own sale. The other thing I remember is, in my health food store, they sell raw milk, but it is clearly labeled is something you're only allowed to purchase for your pets, not for your own consumption. This is because there is a law saying you can't sell it for humans. But, interesting, it's not sold in a pet store, it's in a human food store, right between the sausage flavored wheat gluten and frozen macaroni and cheese...

Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattH
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MattH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone have results say within the first week or so? I started about 7 day ago and not sure of any improvements yet. I take 4 teaspoons daily and am taking a lot of GSE.

Thanks, MattH

Posts: 607 | From Houston Texas | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

That's true, Michael. It's probably the legal issue. That's all.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I read, it's important to get a good quality brand. DE is mined very close to talc which may have asbestos. Both of these things can cause cancer. I'm not sure how to tell if the brand one gets is clean.

I bought PureEarthD brand. It's called Food Chemical Codex Grade DE.

http://diatomaceousearth.net/

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
n.northernlights
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for n.northernlights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would think the stuff intended for horses would be very clean? Horses are very sensitive
Posts: 366 | From Europe | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cockapoo1996
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cockapoo1996     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MattH, I just finished week 2. I notice better bowel movements which is what most people say about this stuff. Hopefully dragging the bad stuff with it.
Posts: 472 | From New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Cockapoo1996, If you learn to use a pendulum or tensor, you could easily check what comes out with the bm or urine in form of toxic metals. Testing with ART, aka Direct Resonance Testing, gives you even a better clue of what you are disposing, especially if it is something measurable as toxic metals.

Dr. Yoshiaki Omura, M.D., mentor of Dr. K., developed this thing called Direct Resonance Testing.
I learned it from Dr. K., one of the best things that ever came down the pike. Do some searching.

There is also untold stuff left behind -- if you can manage to do some colonics you will find out.

Best to you.

Cockapoo1996
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14238

Thanks so much Gigi. I will look into these types of testing.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement