LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Babesia success stories anyone??? Anyone you know?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Babesia success stories anyone??? Anyone you know?
xrunnerx2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39306

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xrunnerx2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My symptoms started 8 months ago (head pressure, tinnitus, fatigue, brain fog, rib/heart pain, eye floaters, many others)... I tested positive 2.5 months ago for Lyme, Bart, and Babs. Babs causes about 80% of my worst symptoms, mostly my chronic head pressure. I have been on Doxy 400mg a day, Bactrim DS, zith 600mg a day, mepron, and now artemisinin and cryptolepsis. I have had about 8-10 significant herxes. Last week I finally thought things were dying down. Then this past friday my head pressure that radiates from my nose to the top of my head came back with a vengeance, along with fatigue. I get very out of breath when standing up suddenly and dizzy when standing for long periods of time when I am not walking. For some reason my head pressure intensifies every time I get in the car and drive??

Is there anyone out there who has defeated Babs and has had this head pressure symptom?? Or have you made any progress? I do not have the typical sweats and chills. Also, I tested + for Duncani and not Microti.

Thank you for any help.

Posts: 251 | From Baltimore | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SUCCESS STORIES:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/3/15820?

I beat Lyme and babesia. It takes a good while to beat them! Don't give up!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got rid of lyme, babs, and bart. Went undiagnosed at least 10 years. I had microti. I did not have the head pressure.

Here are the notes I took at last year's lyme conference in Toronto. Dr. H. of NY on the topic of babesiosis:

2011 ILADS Conference, Toronto, Canada

Lyme & Babesiosis: Updates on Treatment & Diagnosis 2011

Dr. H 10/28/11

He has 20 years of experience treating lyme; more than 12,000 chronic patients

He was in France and China discussing babesiosis. Talked with Chinese CDC regarding parasites

Some of his patients get better with glutathione alone. It opens up the detox pathways (is an anti-oxidant)

Borrelia miyamotoi is showing up in ticks in Hyde Park, NY. This strain is in Japan. We can�t test for it.

There is a new ehrlichia species also found.

Indicators of bad outcome with babesiosis:

male sex, extremely high WBC

We see blood transfusion babesiosis in California. WA-1 is now in the Northeast U.S.. It is found along the entire eastern seaboard. It is difficult to get a positive test for it. LabCorp has a WA-1 test. The FISH through Igenex is also very useful.

He treats with clindamycin with azithromycin, also Mepron, then malarone. There is lots of Mepron resistance. So, he adds Septra (Bactrim). This works well. Also, he uses much higher doses of Mepron due to the Mepron resistance.

He uses coartem (which has Artemisinin in it) Dosage is 4 twice per day. Take at 7 a.m. and 3 p.m.; then switch to 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. It can be pulsed once per month.

You can�t combine this with any med that affects the QT interval.

Babs is spreading world-wide. Babs also suppresses the immune system (based on a study of b. microti)

Artemisinin is not as effective now as it was in the past. Use art when coartem doesn�t cure the person. He no longer uses ketek.

Beta blockers (blood pressure medicines) control these types of parasites. So, use them as an antagonist. We need a study on this. Heparin may also inhibit babs. Need a large study on this.

Curcumin (a herb)--he is now using it to treat babs. Published studies show it is useful for malaria.

Cryptolepis has been used in Africa for malaria. There is a published study in Ghana. It had a 93% cure rate (a 50% cure rate in 3 days; 90% cure rate in 7 days) You can get it at: www.woodlandessence.com

If adrenal function is low (patient has a low cortisol), they will not respond to antibiotics.

He told of a patient with intractable babs. They were treated for babs for 5 years and were not cured. Then, he gave them 1 teaspoon of cryptolepis 3 times per day with Byron White herbs. This is making the patient feel well. He hasn�t found any side effects with the cryptolepis. It may not be curative. It lowers the parasite load and strengthens the patient�s immune system.

Brucellosis also causes night sweats, so check for this in a patient with night sweats.

Use malarone for the patient who can�t clear babs. Low dose to maintain them.

We need new treatment options for babs.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You did not say, but if you are not on lumbrokinase or something similar then I think you need to add that in.

I would also get tested for FL1953 from the F lab -- you could have both that and babesia or the Fl1953 protozoan instead of babesia. Treatment is slightly different.

I would probably also add ivermectin to your current combo.

If you were on all the meds you listed at the same time then that is a pretty good combo. But if you have only been on 1 or 2 things and keep switching then I think you need a stronger combo and if it is working stay on a very aggressive combo for a minimum of 4 - 6 months.

Malarone might also be a better choice than mepron.

Good luck.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
norcal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cured with a bab and a lot of hard days. I started with mepron malerone and tindamax,3 months,didn't work.
Finished using byron white a bab, it was difficult to say the least but the babs finally left.

Posts: 342 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It took three tries to get it right, but we did eliminate Babssia in my wife using Rife frequency treatments. It has been gone for over four years. No reoccurrence.

Just by chance I also had her taking Turmeric (Curcumin) for inflammation. I was not aware of its effect on Babs until now.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for the notes from the ILADS conference, TF. I printed and am going to discuss with my LLNP. Also glad to hear from the others. All of this info could be helpful.

I didn't test positive, but seemed to respond well to mepron. Thinking I need to go back on - or try some of the herbs.

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xrunnerx2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39306

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xrunnerx2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you all for your input. I wish rife machines weren't so expensive :/ I have heard many success stories from using them.

D Bergy- I actually just ordered Turmeric/Curcumin extract and should be getting it today.. hope it helps!

Posts: 251 | From Baltimore | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
B. Duncani is brutally hard to get rid of. Most who are posting on this thread about 'beating Babesia' did not go against this particular strain if I remember their stories correctly. Huge difference.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
xrunnerx.. You can buy a $1,000 rife machine for only $450. It's one of the best.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cottonbrain
Member # 13769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cottonbrain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what is the appropriate dose of curcumin?

Dan, do you remember what dose of turmeric your wife took?

Posts: 1173 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RZR
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
xrunnerx.. You can buy a $1,000 rife machine for only $450. It's one of the best.

DT's EMEM machine is $500, which is also a good machine.

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xrunnerx2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39306

Do any of you guys know which symptoms go more with each type of Babesia? I have noticed people seem to have Microti more than Duncani. I have Duncani and I dont have the class sweating, chills, fever, etc. My main symptom is this horrible head pain/head pressure and fatigue. I also get very out of breath and light headed when I stand up too quickly sometimes.
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
xrunner, I have exactly those same issues and I had many positive titers for B. Duncani. I don't have sweating or fevers. I do get occasional chills on my bad days. The head pressure is horrible. Fatigue is out of this world for me many days. I also get out of breath fast on bad days. I get light headed often too.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife only took one or sometimes two 500 mg capsules a day. It was not enough to eliminate the Babs but may have helped a little.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The curcumin might help your head pressure xrunner. It is a big anti-inflammatory and penetrates the blood brain barrier. I also have some of your symptoms but never tested positive for babesia. Not sure I was ever tested for b duncani, though.

I would like to look into rife sometime. Which machine can you get for $450 that is worth $1000, lymetoo?

xrunner, have you ever tried PEMF or cranio-sacral therapy? I am looking into both as I have heard they help.

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lauriemay1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lauriemay1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is a Rife Machine?
Posts: 163 | From Central New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xrunnerx2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39306

I'm on day two of the turmeric/curcurim extract. I hope I am taking enough. Serving size is two capsules @ 1250 mg. I have noticed a slight decrease in pressure, but it is still very much there, as always.

I am on Mepron (2 tsp a day), Doxy (400mg a day), Zithro (600mg a day), Bactrim DS (twice a day), Artemisinin (600mg three times a day), Cryptolepsis (3 tsp a day, and now curcurim (twice a day). On days I am not on Artemisinin, I take Banderol, Samento, Pinella, Bora, Quina, Mora in a mixture of water. I take Resveratrol, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Alpha Lipoic Acid, and Serrapeptase mid day. I drink green team/liver detox tea at lunch. I take a detox bath on days I don't do yoga with epsom salt, hydrogen peroxide, and baking soda. I don't eat red meat, rarely eat gluten, and avoid dairy and alcohol. I also eat a low fat diet except for when I need 30g of fat with Mepron twice a day.

My head still feels like it is constantly in a vise. I dont know what to do anymore [Frown] Ever since starting treatment the pressure has only gotten worse, with a few good days in between. Is there anyone out there that has beat Duncani??

RZR
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tested positive for babs duncani (LabCorp) and sweats and chills are my main symptoms. Thankful I don't have the head pressure.

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

xrunner, you are taking a lot of stuff! Have you ever thought that maybe the pressure in your head is from so much bacterial die off all at once? Can you talk to your LLMD about this and see if there is some way you could reduce or take away some of your ABX and herbs to see what happens?

I don't know what type of curcumin you take, but I believe mine is 250 mg per capsule. It is recommended to take 1 to 2 pills 3 x day to decrease inflammation or your cytokine load (bacteria die off).

Other thought I had is have you ever done IV ABX or shots of Bicillin? They supposedly penetrate the blood brain barrier better than oral (unless you use mega doses of amoxicillin) See below:

http://www.treatlyme.net/articles/2012/7/27/kills-lyme-germs-a-brief-antibiotic-guide.html

D Bergy
Member # 9984

A Rife machine outputs specific frequencies to damage, weaken or destroy specific pathogens.

Dan

xrunnerx2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39306

Do Bicillin shots help fight against Babs??
dbpei
Member # 33574

I don't think they fight babesia, but they fight lyme. Lyme can also cause head pressure. One of the hardest things about this disease is figuring out what you are fighting...
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by lauriemay1:
What is a Rife Machine?

-
Google it! or do a search here .. look for the little word "search" up next to the directory.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/88778?

RZR... yes, that is the machine I was referring to.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lady11
Member # 37038

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How can you be certain which infection is causing which symptom. Sometimes it isn't as cut and dry as we hoped.

If you are at the beginning of treatment this could be why there are still no improvements - you are on a lot so probably killing a lot right now.

Where did you test through?

Does it always increase when you drive, or just sometimes?

Posts: 27 | From Cn | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cozynana
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cozynana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dbpei, I also am interested in the pemf.

Where can I read on the web the most informational material on this subject?

Can a person own the equipment to do this?

If not, how does a person find a qualified practitioner to do this treatment?

Posts: 620 | From Ks | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Cozynana, I am in process of asking around. Sometimes chiropractors use this - also holistic MD's, PT's, acupuncturists, etc. You can buy your own machine for under $400, but I would want to try it first to make sure it helps.

I will post something if I try it and it helps!

http://www.doctoroz.com/media/print/10886

dbpei
Member # 33574

I forgot to show website where you can purchase:

http://www.sota.com/magnetic-pulser.html

There are others as well.

xrunner, sorry for hijacking your thread. PEMF cannot heal babesia or lyme - but it might be able to help make treatment more effective and make you better while doing...

xrunnerx2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39306

It's quite alright.

Lady11- I got a positive result for Duncani through IGeneX. The head pressure always intensifies 95% of the time I start driving... It also almost always happens right after eating. It is only month two so I am hoping I am killing away... I've only had 4-5 significant herxes. And now this weekend I went away for the holiday and remembered everything else except my Mepron so I miss 1.5 days of it. I have an appointment Monday with my LLMD. I am wondering if there's any other way to address the head pressure.

Lady11
Member # 37038

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if a food allergy could partly be the cause? Have you had food allergy testing done?
Posts: 27 | From Cn | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement