LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » All-over skin/muscle pain

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: All-over skin/muscle pain
Bobidor
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobidor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,

I�d like to know if any of you ever get skin/muscle pain all over your body, the kind you get when you have the flu (but without the fever, coughing, sore throat) and you can barely move, you have to lie in bed very still. It doesn�t feel the same as neuropathic pain, which I sometimes have in my toes and the inside part of my forearms.

My gut feeling tells me it�s a virus that I can�t fully fight because of the Lyme. I get this almost every day for a few hours in the evening, but lately it�s been starting as soon as I get up and lasting for hours on end.

I haven�t treated my Lyme for nearly 3 years now. I know I should, but my local MD �fired� me and I can�t afford to go see my LLMD in the US (I�m in Canada).

I would like to hear I�m not the only one with this annoying symptom, and also to know if it sounds more like bartonella or another bug.

Thank you,
Julie

Posts: 209 | From Montreal, QC, CAN | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jessicabooklover
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39427

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessicabooklover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Julie-you are NOT the only one..I experience this quite often, and it is utterly miserable. It makes me sob myself to sleep at times. I really hope things improve soon for you. Jess.
Posts: 870 | From ct | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ellen101
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 35432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellen101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The muscle/skin pain I can definitely relate too. My muscles feel like they are burning and when I even touch my skin to put my lidoderm pathes on it hurts.

I was "fired" by my local MD as well. In my case it was the best thing to happen for me, keep meaning to send them a thank you!

Perhaps you can find a new MD that may be able to help? I use lidoderm patches and neurontin or flexeril which take the edge off.

Posts: 1748 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertwind
Member # 25256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get that too. Ususally the first thing to come on during a flare or herx.

I too find relief with neurontin and muscle relaxers. It comes less and less now but I know exactly what you mean!!! It is a terrible feeling.

Posts: 1671 | From Tick Infested New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was every day before I had Lyme.... They called it fibromyalgia then. Magnesium helped me and sleeping well,
Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paulieinct
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paulieinct     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first herx, which started within hours of starting treatment 4 1/2 years ago, included having my skin painful to the touch, like with the flu, but only on my left arm. Go figure!

--------------------
Sick since at least age 6, now 67. Decades of misdiagnosis. Numerous arthritic, neuro, psych, vision, cardiac symptoms. Been treating for 7 years, incl 8 mos on IV. Bart was missed so now treating that.

Posts: 765 | From nw ct | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement