LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Dr said to stop antibiotics

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dr said to stop antibiotics
JBS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 37360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JBS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My adult son's dr told him to stop taking his antibiotics as his Lipase levels are slightly elevated. (He had Chronic Pancreatitis). This despite his blood work this month that shows his Lyme has come back. (LabCorp). His CD57 is also low at 25.

I'm concerned. Any input?

Thanks!

Posts: 132 | From Texas | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would agree to stop antibiotics. My Lipase levels would rise and I would get severe pain.

Has your son considered natural methods to get well?

My son's CD57 was a 9 when I took him off all antibiotics because of high liver enzymes and very low WBC. He never went back on abx and he is 100% well today.

There are effective, natural ways to detox and rid the body of Lyme and co's.

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JBS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 37360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JBS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So scary to me. Don't want his Lyme to worsen. It's all the chicken and the egg. What causes what? Lyme causes pancreatitis? Pancreatitis will be worse if Lyme isn't treated?

What natural ways do you recommend?

Posts: 132 | From Texas | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2roads
Member # 4409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2roads     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 2214 | From West Chester, PA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JBS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 37360

Up?
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would try Byron White or Cowden herbs. They work for many people.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
debilyn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for debilyn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JBS, "up" means that the poster is bumping your post up to the top of the page for you, so you will get more replies and suggestions.
Posts: 331 | From West Coast | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you tried rife?
Posts: 2252 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RZR
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by momlyme:
I would agree to stop antibiotics. My Lipase levels would rise and I would get severe pain.

Has your son considered natural methods to get well?

My son's CD57 was a 9 when I took him off all antibiotics because of high liver enzymes and very low WBC. He never went back on abx and he is 100% well today.

There are effective, natural ways to detox and rid the body of Lyme and co's.

Momlyme....

Please tell us what worked for your son. So happy he is 100% well!

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forget Cowden, waste of $$. I hear good reports about Byron White herbs.
Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In June of 2010, my son got classic symptoms of Lyme. They put him on 28 days of amoxycillan and he only got worse. When we went back to our family physician he had swollen joints so they said it was no longer lyme and prednisone would help him.

All hell broke loose and by August, we found Lymenet and an LLMD to help. My son was too sick to attend even one day of 6th grade. He was throwing up every day, had seizures, could barely walk, never played with friends, couldn't watch tv or read because his headaches were so bad, he had pain all over, was always tired but couldn't sleep and was just so sick! His LLMD said she had never seen a child as sick as him.

Long story short, we moved out of our moldy house April, 2011. My son got well 4 1/2-5 months after getting out of the mold.

Mold, in combination with mercury was what was holding his immune system down and allowing all the other infections to take hold.

We opened up his liver pathways with a product called LiverLife by BioRay Natural, he took bentonite clay, activated charcoal, diatomaceous earth, zeolite, Nystatin, DMSA, ALA, Bar-1, Buhner herbs, and continued on supporting supplements for 6 months.

We bought a TotalGym and he worked out for an hour, every other day. After 4 months, he started jogging. He was up to 2 miles a day within a month.

He felt well in 5 months. He was dismissed from care by his LLMD and has been well for over a year.

He's 13. Sometimes he wants to sleep all day. I have a hard time telling whether that is normal teenage behavior or toxicity. That's how I look at this now... because getting the toxins out is what got us well. Is he getting toxic again?

I want him to do the cleanse that I am on... but he just wants to eat and drink whatever he wants. I can't even get him to take a multi-vitamin. So, for now he can do that. If he ever gets sick again, I know what to do... because I got myself well too. After 20+ years I don't have any symptoms of Lyme, Bart, Mycoplasma or mold... I am still working on detoxing heavy metals.

He's getting good grades, he's in the National Honor Society, he is playing sports, volunteering around the community and he is very social. As long as he continues to do well, I am not going to slow him down with treatments. He did enough of that when he was very sick.

He got his life back. We all did. I am so grateful to everything we learned here. I am happy to share everything that helped us get well in the hopes that it will help someone else.

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JBS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 37360

Thanks for all the responses. Things are so bad financially for him that he had just scraped up enough money to buy ABX. No money to barely eat, much less to buy vitamins and herbs. Deductible met for dr for the year, but he starts over in January.

But it sounds like everyone is in agreement it's better to stop ABX right now. That gives me some peace. Thanks!

sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not as bad as you think to stop the abx. There are alternatives to the drugs. Everyone is different, though.

There's Dr. Zhang's protocol or Dr. Buhner. You can look them up on the internet. The Cowden herbs help some people but you may have to mix & match them with oether treatments.

This website has alot of good info -
https://www.herbsforlyme.com/register.asp

It used to be open but now, I guess, you have to register. It seems free to browse around.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement