LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » artamasian, is it safe to take and effective

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: artamasian, is it safe to take and effective
Maya12
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 36392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maya12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can anyone tell me experiences with this and if it helped?
Posts: 1632 | From Canada | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maya12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone use this and didn't have side effects or found it safe to take?

i have just heard it can cause many issues or side effects especially with KPU and i am concerned about taking this, anyone else take this and found it safe and had no side effects with it and how long did you take it for?

Posts: 1632 | From Canada | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Anyone
Maya12
Member # 36392

Can anyone share their experiences with me?
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took artemisinin and zithromax to finish off my babesia. Worked great. Do not take it by itself or you build up resistance with it.

No side effects I remember. Took it for 2-3 months.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Ok now I am confused because my llmd gave it to me as a beyond balance tincture but never said anything about taking zith with it, now I don't know what to do, I wonder if this tincture also has something in it to prevent resistance, any one know?
xrunnerx2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39306

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xrunnerx2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take 1200 mg of Artemisinin for allergy research group for 4 days, then break for 3 days. Havent heard of the tincture.
Posts: 251 | From Baltimore | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xrunnerx2012:
Havent heard of the tincture.

-
Me either.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Oh it is called mc bab1 by beyond balance
Maya12
Member # 36392

Is artamisianin the same as artemisia
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took artemesinin for 10 months straight. That together with Bactrim DS is how I got rid of babesiosis.

I didn't have any side effects at all from it.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The herb is called artemesia. Artemisinin is a more potent form of the herb.
Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xrunnerx2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39306

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xrunnerx2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TF- Did you pulse? How many times did you take it?
Posts: 251 | From Baltimore | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Ok I am not sure what to do though , the tincture I have has artamesia absinthium in it and I don't know If this is safe
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Artemisinin does not work unless it is taken with some grapefruit juice. See other posts on this.
Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

I took the artemesinin twice per day on an empty stomach Friday through Sunday each week because my babs flared every Friday evening through Sunday evening--a 48 hour flare each weekend.

My lyme doctor said to encompass the flare with the art. It was like a miracle. The first Friday I took the art starting in the morning, my flare did NOT occur that Friday night. Instead, it happened on Saturday afternoon and it was just mild for a few hours.

Before the art, the flare was terrible for 48 hours straight. It was so bad all I could do was lay. I didn't talk, move, eat, go to the bathroom, etc. I just drifted in and out of consciousness.

And, I had an overwhelming sense of DOOM during the entire flare. It was awful. During the flare, I truly believed that I would never get well, that I would feel this awful for the rest of my life, etc. I could not reason with my mind and talk myself out of. I tried. I would tell myself that it left every Sunday night, so it would leave this time also. But, it didn't work.

As soon as the art was added, the flare went to mild symptoms for a few hours that first weekend, and less and less each weekend after that. Eventually, it was just an overwhelming need to go to sleep for a short time. Eventually it went to every other weekend. Eventually, no more symptoms of a flare. None at all. That is when I became totally symptom free.

Winter was coming on, so my doc required me to continue treating (meaning Bactrim DS and art Friday through Sunday) until spring--5 more months.

It worked for me. It is now over 7 1/2 years and I am still symptom free, enjoying my life.

Based on my experience, I can say that grapefruit juice must not be required for art to work in all cases, because I never drank any grapefruit juice. I took the art on an empty stomach every time, as directed by my lyme doctor.

The results of art for me were so overwhelmingly wonderful, it is hard to overstate it. It was like a miracle, what happened when the art was added to my treatment.

I did everything at my doctor's instruction, and exactly how he said to do it. I never added anything to my treatment that he did not tell me to take.

I really think that it is important that you discuss things with the lyme doctor before you start adding them to your treatment protocol. So, Maya, you have a lyme professional working on your case. Discuss with that person whether or not to take this product. If you are to take it, find out exactly how to take it, how often, dosage, etc.

That is my advice to all lyme patients.

If you don't think your lyme treatment is up to par, then start looking for another lyme doctor whose method of treatment you agree with.

GiGi
Member # 259

Based on the research by Prof. Henry Laigh of Uni of Wash, grapefruit juice is of great value and importance when it comes to artemisinin to avoid, I believe, the destruction of a certain enzyme.

Babesiosis is the last one I would fool around with - My husband died from Babesia and so did a very close friend of mine.

I don't think I would want to debate this with Prof Laigh nor Dr. K. with regard to artemisinin, but I would follow the experts' advice and research results that are being patented. ARte's efficacy is greatly enhanced that way.

I have been told by Dr. K. who is in close contact with Prof. Laigh that Artemisinin is effective for other protozoa, but always in combination with some grapefruit juice with the med.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Is artamisianin a med or an herb
TF
Member # 14183

From p. 24 of Burrascano (discussing treatment of babesiosis):

"Artemesia (a nonprescription herb) should be added in all cases."

So, the name of the herb is artemesia. The active ingredient in artemesia is artemesinin.

What I took was plain artemesinin. I bought it at the Vitamin Shoppe. It is non-prescription.

faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also use Arteminisin, Researched Nutritional brand because each capsule has a higher dose in it than most brands.

I take it 4 days on and 3 days off for Babesia with Mepron. I do herx when I take it and the herx is worse when I pulse Flagyl with it. I use Flagyl two weeks on and two weeks off.

It works well as many symptoms from Babesia are gone.

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been using artemesia annua for 2 years ( every other day ) from Herb Pharm . It has helped definitely , and it also helped another member here who shared his experience . I am better , not cured . It also has some anti cancer benefits .

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Thanks guys I really appreciate the feedback just wonder though if anyone knows about the safety of artimisia absentium? Does artemesia nun have this in it?
TF
Member # 14183

From Wikipedia:

"Artemisia absinthium (absinthium, absinthe wormwood, wormwood, common wormwood, green ginger or grand wormwood) is a species of Artemisia, native to temperate regions of Eurasia and northern Africa."

My doctor had me take artemesia annua--a different species of artemisia.

I have no idea if your species is used for babs or if it is as good or anything else about your product. Maybe do a search on the net.

Maya12
Member # 36392

I was just looking at some info from dr k and he mentions that the form of artemesia in the tincture I have is actually really good so now I am totally confused uggg

**edited name of LLMD**

[ 12-03-2012, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

TF
Member # 14183

Why confused? If he said that, then it is good.
Maya12
Member # 36392

well i guess so, thanks tf , once i came across that i thought the same thing so i guess it is fine

thanks for the help guys

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Drug interactions with grapefruit juice:

Please read this article and this accompanying list of medications!

http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/26/15461503-grapefruit-may-turn-more-drugs-deadly-scientists-find?lite

http://www.cmaj.ca/content/suppl/2012/11/26/cmaj.120951.DC1/grape-bailey-1-at.pdf

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

jlcd1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlcd1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my daughter took the mc bab-1. It worked great for her.
Posts: 908 | From Albany | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

http://www.klinghardtacademy.com/images/stories/powerpoints/brain%202010.pdf

http://www.klinghardtacademy.com/images/stories/powerpoints/klinghardt%20lyme%20

http://www.betterhealthguy.com/joomla/blog/163-klinghardt-conferece-lyme-and-other-chronic-infectionscocktail%202010.pdf

Maya12
Member # 36392

Hey Gigi, thanks for the links, for some reason i can't seem to open the second one, otherwise the other two were very interesting
Maya12
Member # 36392

hey GIGI did you ever take the artimisia absinthium ?

if so did you have any side effects?

how long were you on it and did you take breaks from it?

sickmate
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickmate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have met a doctor whose son got completely rid of lyme just by taking high dose artemisia for months.

So you can guess what will be my next step:

I'll start it tomorrow too!

Posts: 214 | From Home | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was on vacation and ran out of GSE. So I found what I thought was the right nutribiotic product but it actually has GSE, artemisia and echinacea. I was too afraid to take it on vacation. Should I try it? I am not on any abx right now. Just GSE. And feeling pretty good.
Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VV
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, 2-3 days a week is a normal pulse for Artemesia Annua/Arteminisin?
Posts: 922 | From Philadelphia | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cozynana
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cozynana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My doc has my on 3 days off 4 days. HOpe it kicks the rest of the little buggers.
Posts: 620 | From Ks | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement