LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » long-term health: ivermectin, parasites, lyme etc.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: long-term health: ivermectin, parasites, lyme etc.
stork
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24167

Icon 5 posted      Profile for stork     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all - I have been off lyme.net for a long time because i have been doing a lot better thanks to both ivermectin and plaquenil, especially ivermectin. life has been looking up during the last few months healthwise, which was a much welcome relief after about 2 years of constant struggle (smile!) Buhner herbs, especially knotweed, have also been helpful with neuro inflammation.

I have been working on integrating a low fat diet and this seems to be working really well as well, which confirms for me a probable biofilm element here. I just started this diet unfortunately, so I might have a long ways to go bio-film wise.

I would have never gotten to this point without some of the recommendations and support I received here from various people, and am really grateful.

My main problem is that as soon as I go off Ivermectin (3mg, once daily) my symptoms return and I backslide from ~85% to 50% over a few days, suggesting that I haven't made lasting progress yet.

Are higher doses of ivermectin necessary to get lasting results? Should I be considering a more complex parasite treatment than ivermectin alone? i.e. parastroy, hulda clark, salt-c. Or is it possible that ivermectin could be hitting the lyme? Could this lack of progress be because of biofilms?

I know you can't possibly have the answers to all this, but just looking for some thoughts. Thanks for all the support.

~Stork

--------------------
long road since 2010
abx got me over the hump
diet, detox, and herbs have got me to heal

Posts: 174 | From CT | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think anyone can answer the Ivermectin question yet. The docs seem to be doing different things...anywhere from 2 weeks of high dose, to daily low dose, to once/weekly high dose, for a long time.
Sounds like if the 3mg is working for you, stay on it long term, maybe through 4-5 red blood cell cycles, which at 120 days each is a long time. I know my doc is doing once/weekly high dose, for up to a year. No one has finished this course yet so it's too soon to tell if its working.

Do you think your problem was mostly parasitic or Fry bug, since it seems to have gotten better on Iver/plaq? Did you have Lyme or bartonella or babesia? What symptoms have improved?

And finally,,,,which Buhner protocol did you do?

Congratulations!

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have a hyperinfection of parasites, you need to stay on antiparasitics like Ivermectin indefinitely. Some people here alternate with antiparasitic herbs and salt/c.

You might want to add extra cloves as well. They kill the eggs and are antibacterial. The herbs and salt/c can kill other infections also.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blinkie
Member # 14470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blinkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the same thing! Ivermectin is my miracle drug, once off it a few days symptoms return. And, low dose s not enough, high dose fr me, is what works.
Posts: 1104 | From N.California | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
birdie67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for birdie67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would say to stay on it and maybe up your dose if you can. It sounds like it may be keeping the parasites at bay but you may need a higher dose to kill them.

I have been on ivermectin, high dose for 2 weeks. Before that, Albenza for 2 weeks and I just had two colonics and saw a tapeworm. Yuck! Anyway, I called my LLMD and he is extending the Ivermectin and adding back in the Albenza and one other med.

He said to really kill the parasites you need to go after them long term and high dose.

Posts: 486 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are we talking high dose for a long time (how high, and how long)? My doc did it by weight to determine high dose. I'm at 36mg once/week.
Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And unless you treat the released toxic metals that were being held by the parasites you will always misinterpret your actual problems thinking of endless parasites. They are difficult, yes, but they kept the toxic metals under wraps. Metals on the loose really become uncomfortable. You may be chasing parasites, while you actually also should be looking and catching the neurotoxins they are releasing. Do not forget that. I saw a photograph today of a colon lined with mercury! Literally almost all of the colon was lined. The quicker you can get it out, the better. You do not want to reabsorb that stuff again and fight the metal battle all over again. (special photography at a Dr. K. seminar)

Take care.

Do not forget to take lots of binders also when eliminating parasites. Colonics at least two in a row, and several soon thereafter.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are Mila and Lipo Health enough to bind toxins and heavy metals? (While on anti-parasitics)

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marz
Member # 3446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is chlorella twice a day enough for metals?

Also wondering about activated charcoal?

Posts: 1297 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
birdie67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for birdie67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am doing HMD and Lavage for heavy metals, along with DE and chlorella.

Also colonics and enemas.

Posts: 486 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would consider the ivermectin for long term , but taken every other day . You can also throw in some antiparasitical herbs or salt C .

I think in countries where filaria is common , iver is administered for a LONG time .

It also helps to be vigilant about liver support .

I would NOT take HIGH ( excessive ) doses long term and esp on a daily basis . The side effects would be frustrating with vision . However , every other day dosage seems to be really safe .

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stork
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24167

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stork     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks all for this - highly helpful. What are the vision side effects of ivermectin? Was not aware that there were any but may find this relevant to my situation as I have difficulty tracking with reading sometimes.

--------------------
long road since 2010
abx got me over the hump

Posts: 174 | From CT | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stork
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24167

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stork     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What kind of benefits have you been getting from colonics, especially those who have been treating protomyxzoa?

--------------------
long road since 2010
abx got me over the hump

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not partial to drugs as anti-parasite medications. I think the herbs can be very useful since they aren't as harsh to take them for a long time. I did take the horse paste but I went back to the herbs.

I have been treating the parasites on & off for about 3 years. I just started salt/C... It was too strong for me prior. Parastroy is very good but I finally reached a plateau with it.

I think it may be a good idea to think of taking anti-parasite remedies as a permanent thing. They probably come back due to alot of reasons.

I also agree with Gael & GiGi. GiGi posted about the Babushka pronciple a while ago. You just keep recirculating the parasites, yeasts, metals until you are able to detox everything. You have to keep alternating the killing with the binding & detox.

I'm not exactly sure how it goes with the metals but I'm going to find out soon enough. I tend to do better with herbs so I'll probably try the HMD.

Everyone is different but I think getting rid of parasites is really important. I think it's an ongoing project.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sparkle7, I found what you said about restarting salt c interesting. Salt c has been too intense for me as well. Hopefully i can revisit it after parastroy.
Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement