LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Trouble peeing?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Trouble peeing?
Molly01
Member # 39638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molly01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have trouble peeing? No matter how much I drink it is so hard to get the stream flowing.

I turn on a tap for the running water to help, but still can take close to 5min before it comes. Frustrating - but is this Lyme or something else? Checked out fine by urologist

Posts: 4 | From Calgary AB | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Life+Lyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Life+Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes it takes me hours to pee. My LLMD said it is related to my CNS being messed up. Do you have lots of neuro symptoms?

--------------------
You name it, I've got it.
Full-time medical anomaly.

Posts: 432 | From Southeast | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OtterJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OtterJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had this at the beginning of my lyme journey. Sometimes I would get in the shower just to try to start. When I would go to the doctor they attributed it erroneously to "shy bladder" but it was more like rebellious bladder. Cipro would help after a time because I would also get infections and whatever was initially causing the problem, lyme or bartonella, this would help with the no-pee problem. You aren't alone, this has happened to other people.
Posts: 482 | From Oregon | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bartonella and Protomyxzoa both affect the bladder so it might be one of those infections causing your problem. I had urinary frequency with both infections and sometimes bladder pain.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Otter said: "Cipro would help after a time because I would also get infections."

The same thing happened with me (cipro helped). I think it was die off. Glutathione will help clean out your bladder (IV glutathione or glutathione push).

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molly01
Member # 39638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molly01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. Yes I have alot of neuro symptoms. with so many of my symptoms I think I am going crazy.this is one of them.
Posts: 4 | From Calgary AB | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twicebitten
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twicebitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, my 1st llmd called it "neurogenic bladder". My urologist just calls it bladder retention. My neuro just said that lots of "middle aged" women have it, especially if they've had children. He did not think it was a neurological issue I take it.

I was taken off my pain medicine because they thought (my pcp and urologist) that the med was slowing down the process and that it was either causing or making the "retention" worse. I had a kidney stone and it started this whole mess.

Guess what, I'm off the med now and the bladder issue continues. NOT the med. Now to just get the pain clinic to give me something today..

I can go, most times, but have to just push really hard, and the bladder doesn't empty either. It's annoying and frustrating. I've not found any answers for it as of yet.

--------------------
One day at a time

Posts: 409 | From TX | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like Otter, I had this at the beginning of my lyme journey. I went off of abx when this happened to me (also had UTI symptoms, but they never found bacteria in my urine). I think it took about a month before it started to improve a little, then I went back on the abx.

It wasn't until a few months after that when I really noticed a difference (remember telling my LLNP this). I had started taking supplements (the basic ones listed in Burrascano's 16th edition protocol). Big difference (improvement). Then a few months after that, I went off abx and went on herbs and more supplements. Bingo, the stream was back to normal.

Fyi, I did treat for bart for two months before I started the supplements, and didn't really notice much improvement (just a tiny bit). But once I went on supplements, that was when my stream flow improved (really noticeable).

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=109735;p=0

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Electrolyte imbalance can contribute to this issue.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement