LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Sudden Dizzy Spells

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sudden Dizzy Spells
Tracy9
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know many people suffer with dizziness, vertigo, etc...but this is very different and new for me, so I can't chalk it up to a typical "lyme and company" symptom.

I've been sick for 8 years. Less than a week ago I started suddenly getting dizzy spells. They mostly occur when I get up or lay down, last a few seconds, and everything sort of spins around or my head feels that way.

I have never experienced this before. They came on suddenly and they are happening several times a day. Sometimes they happen just while I am laying down.

Any ideas? Should I call my doctor? I'm just so sick of having to go to the doctor. I don't want another thing to go on.

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tracy, it's possible that some of the crystals in your inner ear have dislodged, causing vertigo.

I have this, and I also get nystagmus with it.

There is a procedure called the Epley Maneuver that can correct it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epley_maneuver

I don't know if this is what you have, but it's the first thing that came to mind.

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tracy, you've had HUGE stress lately. Could it be related to your adrenal glands?

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tracy ,

Get a Tilt table test !
(Cardiology)

I started this in 2003 and it was a few years just to walk without dizziness and light sensitivity.
I'm much better now but at least I can function.
I got lyme and co,s in 1992 just to give you an idea of the vast experience I've gained.
I started 2 lyme support groups in CT. Have been to 3 well known LLMD's in CT./NY area.

Anyway get this test and get back to me ; I'd be interested in the results.

Al

My email adress here is no longer active here on lymenet because I moved out of state (CT)and have a new email address,
so you can PM me if you wish.

Posts: 789 | From CT, | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OtterJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OtterJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Baroreceptors are in your inner ear and if your Lyme or co-infections are wreaking havoc with your ears, this can impact blood presssure. I agree with the tilt table test and the cortisol test, and would add to get your thyroid checked as well to make sure this is lyme sucking up all your hormones and making your life difficult.
Posts: 482 | From Oregon | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the feedback. I have had a tilt table test in the last year. It was okay. I do have dysautonomia and take medication for it and am on IVIG as well; both have helped with it tremendously and I don't have many symptoms anymore though this could be related.

I also realized our water filtering system was not working while I was having the bad dizzy spells but couldn't find where extra iron or sulphur would be related.

They let up a lot and are only slight now. My guess is probably what sixgoofy said; it may be stress/anxiety. My sister committed suicide on December 1st (my brother did the same not even a year and a half ago) and they did start after that.

I also wondered about inner ear. Either way it is better now, though not completely gone...mainly just some bed spins when I turn my head at times or first lay down.

--------------------

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Oh in re reading, yes my adrenals could be very screwed up.... I actually got very very sick after Christmas and totally crashed. In fact today was the first day I could really walk without any assistance.

--------------------

birdie67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for birdie67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tracy,

I just went to my LLMD recently and dizziness is my main symptom. He feels that it is my adrenals so we are working on that and I have seen some improvement.

He has me drinking celtic salt in water twice a day and it is helping. That may be something you could ask your LLMD about.

I'm so sorry for your losses.

Posts: 486 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Thanks so much. I have some Nutramedix Adrenal Support drops...I'll try to start taking them. I'm really bad with drops but I'll make a real effort!

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement