LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » In coordination and motor control probs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: In coordination and motor control probs
Maya12
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 36392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maya12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel like I am so clumsy and have probs with fine motor control in my hands and as if I just can't make my body parts fire right or do what I want smoothly or with proper coordination.

Has anyone had this and what infection causes it?

It is really scarry cause I feel like I am losing control of my body movements

Can anyone relate?

Posts: 1632 | From Canada | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maya12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone have this?

I still have strength but just feel like my brain and body aren't talking together and feel uncoordinated , or as if my brain just isnt telling my limbs to move correctly or quickly enough especially my hands, as if I was drunk, I constantly fumble

I am scared this is like als?

Has anyone had this?

Posts: 1632 | From Canada | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Anyone had this
Maya12
Member # 36392

Anyone? Please help with this
Maya12
Member # 36392

How come no one is answering, does that mean no one has had this?
Maya12
Member # 36392

Is there no one that has had this? It seems to come and go
Maya12
Member # 36392

Please guys has anyone had this , I am very scared of what it is? It can also feel like weakness and dizziness
Maya12
Member # 36392

It feels mostly like a lack of muscle coordination
Maya12
Member # 36392

Has no one seriously had this?
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maya, it has only been about 5 hours since you posted this.

Give people more time. Many are not on the board due to the holidays.

I myself do not remember having this symptom, but it was so many years ago now since I had lyme, that I only remember so much about what it was like.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KentuckyWoman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KentuckyWoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maya,
I think many of us have had this problem. I have. It is just another symtom to add to what I call "the boatload" of symptoms that come with lyme.

I do not know which 'version' of lyme it is or if it caused by a coinfection, bc I am still in the process of sorting those out myself as to what I have.

I've had them from the very beginning, starting almost 2 yrs ago. The first one or two are scary bc you don't know what they are.

After that, you figure out how to cope with them.

Then, you pray you find out what is causing it. . . oh wait, you already know.. IT's LYME!!! I can't really say you are "lucky" to know why, but it is slightly worse when you don't know why.

If you are able to read posts by others on here, you will be able to 'arm yourself' with alot of knowledge as to all the possibilities of sxs lyme may or may not bring to your body.

I say "IF" you are able, bc many of us cannot read much for any length of time bc our eyes do not work properly or our brain cannot process information in huge chunks.

Now I do not wish to sound discouraging. Knowing the face of the enemy is a HUGE deal. If you have proof you have lyme, then your are ARMED for battle.

I hope you have a great LLMD to fight with you.
KW

--------------------
KentuckyWoman
tired of medical run-arounds

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
~ ~ Robert Frost

Posts: 221 | From Kentucky | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KentuckyWoman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KentuckyWoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme is called "The Great Imitator" bc its symptoms mimic Fibro, MS, Lou Gherighs, Alzh, Dementia, Stroke, Bells Palsy, Chrones and many others.

--------------------
KentuckyWoman

~ ~ Robert Frost

Posts: 221 | From Kentucky | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Hey Kentucky woman thank you so much for telling me this, I really appreciate it
KentuckyWoman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38894

You're welcome.

--------------------
KentuckyWoman

~ ~ Robert Frost

hopeful4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with KentuckyWoman, that Lyme can be mimicing any of the illnesses she has listed.

Before starting treatment I was still able to walk about a mile or so. When treatment started my legs became very weak, and I was barely able to walk around my small house. It was very scary, I thought I might die or be permanently unable to walk.

But, thank G-d, gradually, with treatment, I became able to walk normally again, and even exercise.

I'm hoping that you are getting the treatment and care that you need to help you through this.

Best wishes.

Posts: 873 | From WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have this. all of the time. as KY woman has expressed- when nothing permanent happens, you learn to cope with it.

having an especially bad period myself right now. hang in there Maya, it will leave as suddenly as it has come on.

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dove7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dove7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I have it. Can hardly hold a pen to write right now.

Coordination poor, too. I have reluctantly resorted to using a cane much of the time to avoid stumbling or falling; with early onset osteoporosis, I don't need that.

Tremors and twitches often cause me to drop things.

My LLMD says that Lyme and/or confections can cause these neuro-like symptoms.

Repeating what others have said, Lyme can imitate many, many other things. That's why my LLMD insisted that I go see me neuro to rule out other things. Plus, my LLMD said that while Lyme can imitate, other diseases and syndromes also exist and need to be ruled out or dealt with too.

I hope the words of those who care about me give you a little comfort. "Don't be so hard on yourself. You're you, not the illness. We love you, with and/or without this."

--------------------
'Hope' is a thing with feathers, that perches in the soul-- Emily Dickinson

Posts: 160 | From Indiana | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raquel
Member # 39644

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raquel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I definitely have problems with coordination and fine motor control. It's very frustrating, because I've always been fairly clever with my hands; I'm used to using them, and using them capably. Lately, however, it takes a lot of concentration to manage the clasp of a necklace, and I drop everything.

I'm also very unsteady on my legs, and tend to be generally stiff and clumsy, to the amusement of my coworkers, who don't all know I'm sick.

Another weird motor problem I have is with my jaw. I can't speak as clearly as I used to. My jaw seems stiff and clumsy, and I can't form sounds precisely. It's very strange. And the more tired I am, the more I sound a lil' bit drunk. [dizzy]

I'm also very shaky, and have frequent tremors, especially in my neck and arms and hands.

I have Lyme and babesia.

I've recently begun doing some short, light yoga practice in the mornings, which helps some with the overall stiffness, weakness, and clumsiness, but I have yet to find anything that helps my hands or my jaw.

Posts: 14 | From Rhode Island | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dove7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dove7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Raquel, I did get some compression gloves that are fingertip -less. They are designed for Reynaud and arthritis. I find them to help, not cure, but help. Got them on eBay for about one third of what they would cost in a store.

--------------------
'Hope' is a thing with feathers, that perches in the soul-- Emily Dickinson

Posts: 160 | From Indiana | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raquel
Member # 39644

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raquel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Dove7! I'll definitely look for those.

...Found some gray ones that are not too medical-looking. I like fingerless gloves anyway. Hmm...

Posts: 14 | From Rhode Island | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sillia
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sillia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Loss of coordination has been one of my major symptoms. It has gotten much better with abx treatment--now it comes back only during a herx. In fact, one way I can tell that I'm starting a herx is if I drop something. Once I was starting to write a check and suddenly couldn't write--I thought, I'll bet that's a herx coming and sure enough the next day I had a bad herx.

I hope you are getting good treatment with an LLMD. It takes time and persistence, but people do recover.

Posts: 261 | From Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sillia
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sillia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One thing that's helped my hand coordination, along with my abx treatment, is crochet! I started this about a year and a half ago and I think it's excellent therapy. It helps me to focus, calm down, it's repetitive and soothing. You don't have to work on anything difficult or fancy--I started with dishcloths and have done more advanced things little by little as I'm feeling better.

Knitting or quilting work would also be good--whatever you enjoy, something low-stress that keeps your hands moving.

Posts: 261 | From Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daynise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daynise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Maya,

I drop things a lot or can't grip them- and sometimes things just fly out of my hands like I've thrown them-

Seems like it's always glass when that happens!

I trip, bump into everything, and am so clumsy. I'm covered in bruises I don't remember earning.

I used to think it was just because of arthritis but now I believe it's neurological too.

From what I've seen online, LOTS of people with Lyme have these symptoms.

It's called Ataxia:
http://www.ataxia.org/learn/ataxia-diagnosis.aspx

Posts: 428 | From Midwest | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Hi everybody thank you so much for replying to this thread , though it sucks it is nice to know that most have this and it does get better

Think I will start knitting again

Hugs to all

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement