LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » REIKI

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: REIKI
phyl6648
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phyl6648     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have been reading about Reiki, must admit I am not familiar with this at all and don't understand any of it.. Sounds interesting and in no way harmful..

Anyone tried this if so would like your input.. tks

Posts: 1058 | From VA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I've had Reiki treatments, but they either did nothing or were too strong (probably from herxing or toxin release), so I haven't had any treatments in a long time.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
phyl6648
Member # 28522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phyl6648     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Razzle. What treatment has worked best for you ? Seems abx hasn't been the answer for me..
Posts: 1058 | From VA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jjourneys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39813

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jjourneys   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I provide Reiki treatments. I'll discuss briefly without going into great detail. You have to keep an open mind.

To begin with, you should feel very comfortable and relaxed with the person providing the treatment. They will need to put their hands on you, something people don't like or feel comfortable with strangers.

If nothing else, you should find the treatment extremely relaxing. They can also release alot of pent up energy and stress - in doing so they can also open up feelings that have been buried for many years - which will either make you feel emotionally uncomfortable or happy that those pent up feelings have been released.

Razzle and all - please let the person performing the treatment know what you're going through - if you don't feel well that day, make sure they are aware of that. If something is bothering you please tell them, they can either work on the situation or stay away from it.

Reiki should never make your situation worse. It is used for healing: emotional, mental and physical.

Reflexology and accupuncture are other alternative treatments you could try. None of these 3 treatments are harmful. But then again, it depends on the person performing them.

Posts: 250 | From East Coast | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Acupuncture has been helpful in the past for symptom management, and then I couldn't handle it for a period of years, but just recently have discovered I can handle it again.

I've also had good results with reduction in headaches from chiropractic adjustments - but it really depends on the technique the chiropractor uses...some are more effective than others.

And I've always done well with some specific herbs, homeopathy, supplements, and now am experimenting with essential oils.

Probably the best prescription for me has been Flagyl...I seem to do ok while on it, but going off of it brings back symptoms pretty heavily.

For my GI Lyme/Bart symptoms, acupuncture is what helped before I knew I had Lyme/Bart. Once I was diagnosed with Lyme/Bart., I have found that Cipro seems to be really helpful for my stomach (specifically, slow stomach emptying).

Unfortunately, I was having some wrist pain problems earlier last year and so had to stop using Cipro. However, my current LLMD says Flagyl hits Bart. some in addition to Lyme.

One of these days, I'm going to experiment with Clove essential oil for Bart. and see what happens...

And probiotics...the one that seems to be best for me now is Jarrow's Jarro-Dophilus Allergen Free. It contains specific strains of probiotics that help boost T-Cells (which I need, with my immune deficiency).

I'm also doing well on Andrographis and Stinging Nettle leaf.

But I also know I have a long way to go treatment-wise...still learning, still have some things to experiment with (esp. essential oils, given my hypersensitivity to so many other things).

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

jjourneys,

I agree with everything you've said.

That said, I also need to point out that sometimes healing involves a temporary worsening (some may call this a "healing crisis") and as I was unaware that I had Lyme when I had Reiki treatments in the past, I did not know about herxing.

I thought I was just having a big healing crisis reaction, but then never felt any general improvement from the Reiki. So it was kind of a let-down, to go through a "healing crisis" and come out the other side feeling the same as before the "healing crisis."

Again, this all happened prior to knowing I had Lyme/coinfections...and I'm sure that's why a few treatments didn't make any noticeable improvements.

And since my Mom is the one who gave me the Reiki treatments, there was no stress and I was relaxed. Mom has helped me a lot with many things over the years, and our relationship is good.

--------------------
-Razzle

kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And, just so you know, sometimes they channel "angels" or spirits to help them.
Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jjourneys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39813

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jjourneys   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Razzle - I'm so glad you're mom is your Reiki person!!!! That makes things easier on you! At the same time, mom has to remove your relationship situation when she's doing Reiki, don't want mom trying to work on things she wants fixed in you that you may not want or know she's working on. LOL! I prefer not to do Reiki on close relatives for that reason - I have to completely empty my thoughts and emotions regarding the person I'm touching - it can be very difficult to do.

Healing crisis' are intense! She may have irritated the Lyme that you didn't know you had and you didn't understand what was happening - herxing.

I had never heard of herxing until I found this board last week. It's something I'm trying to understand fully and prepare myself for.

Posts: 250 | From East Coast | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jjourneys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39813

Razzle - I'm so glad you're mom is your Reiki person!!!! That makes things easier on you! At the same time, mom has to remove your relationship situation when she's doing Reiki, don't want mom trying to work on things she wants fixed in you that you may not want or know she's working on. LOL! I prefer not to do Reiki on close relatives for that reason - I have to completely empty my thoughts and emotions regarding the person I'm touching - it can be very difficult to do.

Healing crisis' are intense! She may have irritated the Lyme that you didn't know you had and you didn't understand what was happening - herxing.

I had never heard of herxing until I found this board last week. It's something I'm trying to understand fully and prepare myself for.

Razzle
Member # 30398

Yes, Mom knows all about having to separate her own self (and her desires, emotions, etc.) from the treatment...we've had many discussions about that.

Thanks [Smile]

Herxing is a pretty simple concept: killing bugs = body has to clean up the garbage left behind.

It is kind of like a battlefield after a war...the dead (Lyme/coinfections), the used weapons (immune system), trampled earth (healthy cells that get damaged in the process of killing the bugs), etc., all have to get cleaned up.

And there are many things one can do to reduce herxing...it is just a matter of discovering what works best for you.

--------------------
-Razzle

Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LOVE reike. My first experience with it was with a reike master who didn't put her hands on me, just above my body. I had 2 sessions with her and they were by far the best alternative treatment experiences I've ever had in my entire life. I have never felt that good. They even topped acupuncture, and I love acupuncture.

I felt like I'd been on vacation for a month. I was so happy and at peace, and had more energy, it was unbelievable. The people who ate lunch with me that day were quite surprised to see how it affected me. One of them really wanted to do it after observing me during lunch, as she saw the before and after version of me.

Unfortunately, I haven't found anyone here on the east coast that does this type of reike.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
phyl6648
Member # 28522

I feel I am the point of no return.. Seems nothing works for me.. Now I am without a doc,. I don't see how one could feel so bad and still live.. Had Chronic lyme for over 15 yrs dx about 4 yrs ago.. saw a llmd tried the abx, supplements etc.. was just to expensive and far to keep going as I didn't see that much of an improvement..Just feel something else is going on but my Gp hasn't a clue..

Never tried reike not even sure if I can find anyone that does it but thought it might be worth a try....

glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
phyl6648,

Maybe you haven't read about the co-infection of parasites/worms that has been posted on different threads. Your intuition is on target.

I would venture to guess you have this untreated co-infection. After 4 yrs of abx and not getting well, I was on my last leg until I started treating for parasites.

It is now considered the number 1 co-infection and is often overlooked even by the best LLMDs.

I started antiparasitic herbs and salt/c and started to expel TONS of parasites as pictured on www.lymephotos.com Please look into this as many here have.

Google parasite symptoms and check out the symptom list and info at Humaworm. Also suggest you visit lymestrategies for more info on salt/c. One mos of tx is never enough and has to be ongoing until symptom free and then maintenance.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phy, have you tried hitting parasites? I started to get better once I started treating them. I'm currently doing this with salt c and herbs.

Maybe you have a detox issue? I also exercise (light weights only) every other day. It is truly the best form of detox I've found.

Burrascano said you can't get well without doing exercise. Walking doesn't do it. It has to be anaerobic. I just do it while I watch TV.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hadlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hadlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phyl.... have you thought of treating protomyxzoa rheumatica? Do a search in here about it. Under that name or FL1953.

A lot of us did not get better until we started treated it. Foods that you eat are the main difference.

It's a parasite/protozoan type of infection, like a co infection, only it should be a stand a lone type! It's not a parasite/protozoan that you can see. It is microscopic, you do not see it.

--------------------
Lyme, Babs, Fry Bug..... Whatever it is, may a treatment be discovered to make us all whole again!

Posts: 941 | From AZ-MT | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement